Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 02:28:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sub $100 in spite of good news?  (Read 2630 times)
Lexi Price (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Live Free Or Die

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:39:55 AM

I was reading the forums months ago when people were scoffing at the mere suggestion 'what if' bitcoin drops to 100 or less but now that it's made it to 100s already and even briefly jumping into the 300 before dropping back down to the mid 200s, resisting good news, isn't it realistic at this point to consider it very well can drop to 100 or below? If it's not reasonable please offer reasons why it just can't. Thanks.

La Bella Vita Nessun Rimpianto
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:55:06 AM

Very reasonable, also:

Please note! If Current daily candle will be shooting star - there is a high chance price will revisit $100

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:33:43 AM

have some rumor like that, price will dumb under $100

Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:52:17 AM

There would be too much buying pressure in the 100s. It would take a fuck ton of coins to hit dd
altcoin hitler

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:06:19 AM

Sellpressure from miners. Advantage for chinese ninja-shortseller. Nothing new. Live with it. Bicoin isn't built for large userbase. It is built for low value, high hashrate. Satoshi was cryptographer, coder same as Gavin - not an economist.

The coin has sucky fundamentals

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
Dilla

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:18:09 AM

^when will people realize sell pressure from miners is a drop in the bucket for the daily volume?
altcoin hitler

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:43:14 AM

^
when will people realize real demand from new money is a drop in the bucket compared to tradevolume?

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
Dilla

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:59:35 AM

Still, $17mil > $1mil
Even with turnover those coins will be eaten up by people making profit and buying more to trade with.
hayabusa911

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:00:28 AM

Buy BTC now because hearing you complain later about how you "SHOULD HAVE COULD HAVE"....
I just don't want to hear your shit.  Grin Cheesy Grin No...REALLY!!!  
YourNewGod

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:01:22 AM

I expect to see it around $200 after this dump.
altcoin hitler

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:04:17 AM

Still, $17mil > $1mil
Even with turnover those coins will be eaten up by people making profit and buying more to trade with.

Profit from thin air? People who are making profit with trading do not create new money in the system. (why do i even need to say that?)

Traders matter nothing - zero do they matter. What matters: miners draw money out of the system and new money does not come in as fast as miners draw it out. So here you got something to wrap your head around.

Right now miners drain 6000$ from the system every 10 minutes on average. How much new money comes in? Very little. Certainly less than 6000$ every freakin' 10 minutes. So price goes down of course.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:08:52 AM

It's a good guess but it'll most likely go down to the 220s and then ramp back up to the 300 territory before retracing back to a consolidation point, like 260ish.
YourNewGod

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:11:21 AM

It's a good guess but it'll most likely go down to the 220s and then ramp back up to the 300 territory before retracing back to a consolidation point, like 260ish.
Can you see that future spike? Wink
More people need to exit.
altcoin hitler

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:11:29 AM

i think could be corrrect. I'd expect it to bounce around in the 200$-range for weeks and months to come. We're lucky if it doesn't dip into 100$-range. Being stable in 300$-range is out of sight.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:17:06 AM

I was reading the forums months ago when people were scoffing at the mere suggestion 'what if' bitcoin drops to 100 or less but now that it's made it to 100s already and even briefly jumping into the 300 before dropping back down to the mid 200s, resisting good news, isn't it realistic at this point to consider it very well can drop to 100 or below? If it's not reasonable please offer reasons why it just can't. Thanks.

The bump up from ~200 to 300 was a fast 50% gain, and those types of profits are very exciting for traders. Many people know that BTC is already over-sold, so smart money is buying and holding, not anticipating even lower levels.

YourNewGod

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:18:31 AM

The bump up from ~200 to 300 was a fast 50% gain, and those types of profits are very exciting for traders. Many people know that BTC is already over-sold, so smart money is buying and holding, not anticipating even lower levels.
Exactly.

i think could be corrrect. I'd expect it to bounce around in the 200$-range for weeks and months to come. We're lucky if it doesn't dip into 100$-range. Being stable in 300$-range is out of sight.
My "guess" is based on research.
I can see it staying in 200ish range for 2-3 weeks, then moon.
Dilla

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:19:26 AM

Still, $17mil > $1mil

Profit from thin air? People who are making profit with trading do not create new money in the system. (why do i even need to say that?)

Traders matter nothing - zero do they matter. What matters: miners draw money out of the system and new money does not come in as fast as miners draw it out. So here you got something to wrap your head around.

I understand what you're saying. But that doesn't mean those traders aren't putting more money into the system as they continue to trade, based on what you're saying we should still be going down everyday, and we haven't been recently. My initial response was meaning that the 3600 coins a day is a drop in the bucket to the amount traded every day. The downward pressure has not been because of miners but because of shorters, large sellers, etc.. Saying traders don't matter isn't correct. We've seen a shit ton of shorting and profit taking the last few months, you can't say that hasn't been one of the more bigger aspects to the price. Shorting in a bear market is pretty profitable, and shorters will continue to do so until their shorts are squeezed. Why am I having to say this? (Lol :p)
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 04:25:16 AM

I'd gladly buy a lot of coins sub $100 but I'm 99% sure it will never happen anymore imo.

2014 has been an awesome year for bitcoin in terms of adoption and VC backing, the price crashed because right before 2014 started the price went parabolic driven by bots a lot of speculators and had to correct.

Now 2015 is still in january and if you add all the news in the last couple of months together and with the Coinbase exchange open and Gemini/ETFs coming all the people/institutions who waited by the sidelines will start buying.

This year the real money will buy in and it will probably the biggest adoption increase bitcoin has seen so far.

The orderbooks are thin already, all the getrichfast kids sold sub $200 and everything above added I'd say we're in for a wild ride, upwards ofcourse  Cool
altcoin hitler

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:28:15 AM

Still, $17mil > $1mil

I understand what you're saying. But that doesn't mean those traders aren't putting more money into the system as they continue to trade, based on what you're saying we should still be going down everyday, and we haven't been recently. My initial response was meaning that the 3600 coins a day is a drop in the bucket to the amount traded every day. The downward pressure has not been because of miners but because of shorters, large sellers, etc.. Saying traders don't matter isn't correct. We've seen a shit ton of shorting and profit taking the last few months, you can't say that hasn't been one of the more bigger aspects to the price. Shorting in a bear market is pretty profitable, and shorters will continue to do so until their shorts are squeezed. Why am I having to say this? (Lol :p)

all correct but the miners give the shortsellers cover. 30 days: 100000 new coins

Where do they go? They go to exchange and are added for trading. Normally they are dumped at marketprice. So that's a basic dumping of 3600 coins every day which does happen reliably. How much is 3600 coins? How big is that sellwall? Such a sellwall every day ...

or differently said: a buywall of 3600 coins is whiped out every day across the exchanges - you don't see that. The coins come in drops. People underestimate this a lot.

It's this constant bleeding what you see every day. Shortsellers ad to it of course. They go with that.

altcoin hitler

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:32:51 AM

This year the real money will buy in and it will probably the biggest adoption increase bitcoin has seen so far.

pipedreams and buying on hopium, hype, promises

-> doing it wrong

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: