Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:53:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevii will become one of great capitalist barons of this century!  (Read 5538 times)
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:58:54 AM

I was so amazed to see their interview today after they presented their ETF project!

They said if bitcoin market cap would be 400 billion if it becomes major among money transfer(visa,mastercard).

marketcap would be in trillions if it disrupts Gold..

They hold 1% of all bitcoin total supply!

They are taking bitcoin to wall street and comply with regulations to create the first ever ETF for bitcoin so all the banks and wall street major billionaires can now invest in bitcoin..

In the coming decentralized world which will be made up of key technologies like drones, 3d printing, autonomous agents we can be sure that the blockchain technology will be like how electricity was to the 20th century...

bitcoin will be the token of value in future...

they will be the masters of decentralized revolution!

If they were smart they would have sold when Bitcoin hit $1000, if they are still holding after that then they aren't good venture capitalists.

theyre convinced a btc will be worth $40,000 so why would they sell for $1000 ?

they do come across like assholes in that movie  but did zuckerberg  really steal their idea for facebook and develop it himself  ? Cheesy

a judge must have believed they had some rights  if they got $65,000,000 in compensation but i dont know the specifics .....

I don't think they could have created what zuckerberg created with Facebook, they are investors not Developers. They made millions on an idea that they never really had a part in so I doubt they can be too bent out of shape about it.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:05:42 AM

Winklevii will become one great capitalist baron of this century!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:24:01 AM

Barons would be an ironic title in a decentralized ecosystem. They don't seem to have much interest in promoting Bitcoin unless I missed something.

You missed something.
Robber Barons were allowed to create monopolies. I guess OP meant something else here because Bitcoin is highly resistant to monopolization.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 11:32:13 AM

Barons would be an ironic title in a decentralized ecosystem. They don't seem to have much interest in promoting Bitcoin unless I missed something.

You missed something.
Robber Barons were allowed to create monopolies. I guess OP meant something else here because Bitcoin is highly resistant to monopolization.

I see, I was more focused on the "They don't seem to have much interest in promoting Bitcoin" part.

I would say owning 1% of the currency provides some interest in promoting it.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:43:50 AM

You missed something.

I see, I was more focused on the "They don't seem to have much interest in promoting Bitcoin" part.

Maybe they trade it as well, seems like it would be a silly idea not to take profit on it at certain points as well. There isn't really anything saying they have to hold onto their Bitcoin and they did buy it at a cheap price.

Then again maybe they do have it on lockdown and are keeping them for the long-haul.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:26:37 PM

And again: Growth is not price.
Saying there was no growth in Bitcoin in the last year is just wrong.
Also: It is stupid to make an assumption on future price based on past price, I even made a thread regarding this question:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=927769.0
(No idea, why it was moved to Speculation Sad )

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
nikona

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:27:34 PM

You missed something.

I agree..If I had 1% of any currency..I would be ppromting the currency like a maniac..
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:54:06 PM

You missed something.

Maybe they trade it as well, seems like it would be a silly idea not to take profit on it at certain points as well. There isn't really anything saying they have to hold onto their Bitcoin and they did buy it at a cheap price.

Then again maybe they do have it on lockdown and are keeping them for the long-haul.

"We've never sold a Bitcoin. We're in it for the long haul," Camerson Winklevoss said during a presentation at ETF.com's Inside ETFs Conference.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:40:18 PM

You missed something.

"We've never sold a Bitcoin. We're in it for the long haul," Camerson Winklevoss said during a presentation at ETF.com's Inside ETFs Conference.

Yeah I should probably just google questions like that, lol
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:52:42 PM

400 billion means $20,000 per Bitcoin , I highly doubt that it can be truth, We can hardly keep it above $1,000,not even $300.

WallStreet money can move mountains  Wink

But 400bn market cap is beyond delusional. People are expecting too much from Bitcoin.

It will never replace fiat, some can't seem to understand that. Bitcoin will only function as optional payment method.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 01:54:25 PM

400 billion means $20,000 per Bitcoin , I highly doubt that it can be truth, We can hardly keep it above $1,000,not even $300.

But 400bn market cap is beyond delusional. People are expecting too much from Bitcoin.

It will never replace fiat, some can't seem to understand that. Bitcoin will only function as optional payment method.

They are saying that 400bn is if it becomes a payment method replacing services like Western Union, etc...

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:55:38 PM

They will be the Rothchilds of the 21century.. all because the real Rothchilds have absolutely no idea of whats going on outside their circles.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:56:20 PM

They are saying that 400bn is if it becomes a payment method replacing services like Western Union, etc...

That's assuming that BitCoin is the only payment option.....
turvarya

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:00:14 PM

That is not true.

Look here if you want to make some calculations instead of babbling uneducated guesses.
http://worldbitcoinnetwork.com/BitcoinPriceModel-Alpha.html

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:04:36 PM

That is not true.

Look here if you want to make some calculations instead of babbling uneducated guesses.

All predictions are uneducated guesses, I've heard gold and silver bugs going off for years about how the price is going to explode tomorrow.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 02:08:39 PM

That is not true.

All predictions are uneducated guesses, I've heard gold and silver bugs going off for years about how the price is going to explode tomorrow.

Some predictions are educated guesses.

turvarya

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:09:57 PM

That is not true.

I don't think, you have any idea what "educated guess" means.
You fail on so many levels. Doesn't that hurt?

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:38:00 PM

All hail to our new greater overlords: The Wink-lee-vii. Saviour of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 02:43:25 PM

400 billion is currently the value of market shares held by all the credit card companies and money transfer services combined and that is assuming that this share will go all to bitcoin. 400 billion will then divide with the max number of possible 21 million bitcoin to get each coin's worth.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:44:05 PM

I was so amazed to see their interview today after they presented their ETF project!

They said if bitcoin market cap would be 400 billion if it becomes major among money transfer(visa,mastercard).

marketcap would be in trillions if it disrupts Gold..

They hold 1% of all bitcoin total supply!

They are taking bitcoin to wall street and comply with regulations to create the first ever ETF for bitcoin so all the banks and wall street major billionaires can now invest in bitcoin..

In the coming decentralized world which will be made up of key technologies like drones, 3d printing, autonomous agents we can be sure that the blockchain technology will be like how electricity was to the 20th century...

bitcoin will be the token of value in future...

they will be the masters of decentralized revolution!

If they were smart they would have sold when Bitcoin hit $1000, if they are still holding after that then they aren't good venture capitalists.

theyre convinced a btc will be worth $40,000 so why would they sell for $1000 ?

they do come across like assholes in that movie  but did zuckerberg  really steal their idea for facebook and develop it himself  ? Cheesy

a judge must have believed they had some rights  if they got $65,000,000 in compensation but i dont know the specifics .....

15 mill in cash, 40 mill in shares (1.2 million shares)

Its actually worth +400mill now
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: