Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:21:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevii will become one of great capitalist barons of this century!  (Read 5538 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:45:24 PM

I don't think, you have any idea what "educated guess" means

+1
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:46:56 PM

400 billion means $20,000 per Bitcoin , I highly doubt that it can be truth, We can hardly keep it above $1,000,not even $300.

WallStreet money can move mountains  Wink

But 400bn market cap is beyond delusional. People are expecting too much from Bitcoin.

It will never replace fiat, some can't seem to understand that. Bitcoin will only function as optional payment method.

They are saying that 400bn is if it becomes a payment method replacing services like Western Union, etc...

That's assuming that BitCoin is the only payment option.....
That is not true.

Look here if you want to make some calculations instead of babbling uneducated guesses.
http://worldbitcoinnetwork.com/BitcoinPriceModel-Alpha.html

All predictions are uneducated guesses, I've heard gold and silver bugs going off for years about how the price is going to explode tomorrow.
I don't think, you have any idea what "educated guess" means.
You fail on so many levels. Doesn't that hurt?

Lots of haters around here. Bitcoin is not only a great technology but also a great psychological proof of how pathetic human being is. I see "sour grapes" all among these idiots. Its weird to see clearly why human bound to wars and kill each others ..... simply cant stand seeing others getting ahead.

Soon China and US will have war one day, you'll see.
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:15:15 PM

The Winklevoss twins have a track record of betting on the wrong horse.

What were those wrong horses?
They trusted Zuckerberg to code their social network ConnectU, he betrayed them and ran away with the idea: fail.
They invested in BitInstant but it went bust as the founder got prosecuted for money laundering: fail.
They are starting an official bitcoin exchange but it's already too late because CoinBase has the first mover advantage and backing from NYSE: fail.
They invested millions over millions in Bitcoin without realizing that it is crippled by technical limitations and already earmarked for replacement by newer and better technology: fail.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:45:50 PM

Hmm.... market cap of $400b IF it becomes one of the major players in money transfer.

I am skeptical. It has been 7 years already. The growth seems to be downward.  Angry

are you kidding me? do we read the same news?  Grin

@freequant

they have a 100 mio net worth. you failed  Wink

cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:05:41 PM

They trusted Zuckerberg to code their social network ConnectU, he betrayed them and ran away with the idea: fail.
They invested in BitInstant but it went bust as the founder got prosecuted for money laundering: fail.
They are starting an official bitcoin exchange but it's already too late because CoinBase has the first mover advantage and backing from NYSE: fail.
They invested millions over millions in Bitcoin without realizing that it is crippled by technical limitations and already earmarked for replacement by newer and better technology: fail.

They got millions  after the facebook settlement, and the whole world knows facebook was their idea,
that early investemt of their millions into bitcoin is now worth more than 100 times!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:11:28 PM

If you think about it it doesnt matter if they become the gods of bitcoin in terms of wealth, what matters is as differently to fiat systems, the bitcoin system can and will not ever be compromised.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:18:01 PM

400 billion means $20,000 per Bitcoin , I highly doubt that it can be truth, We can hardly keep it above $1,000,not even $300.

The "crazy" predictions will seem normal once the next Bull phase gets moving.
$45,000/BTC will be the solid ground floor!   Cheesy

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 04:30:35 PM

The "crazy" predictions will seem normal once the next Bull phase gets moving.
$45,000/BTC will be the solid ground floor!   Cheesy

bitcoin is doomed after the crash to $12.400  - will it ever rise again to $45.000 $ ?

Grin

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:08:07 PM

But 400bn market cap is beyond delusional. People are expecting too much from Bitcoin.

I disagree.  Gold is a 6T market...and Bitcoin is better than gold.

fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:34:42 PM

The scale of negativity in this thread is just ridiculous.

A day ago Bitcoin climbed almost $100 because of a "to the moon" countdown. People are just sitting around trigger happy waiting to buy back in the moment that Bitcoin takes off.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:36:14 PM

There is this thing called TIME
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:43:40 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 04:21:01 AM by QuestionAuthority

ROFLMAO

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:49:26 PM

what limitations? earmarked by who?

tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:49:51 PM

haha.  classic!  i'm surprised they didn't let someone else secure their stash for them.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:14:50 PM

The only mistake they made was to trust Zuckerberg when they were teensgers imo
They have amassed a fortune already, more money than most people will ever see in their dreams

1.2 million Facebook shares -  win
1% of the total btc -  win
Their own regulated exchange -  win
First btc etf (if approved)  - win
Made money from bitinstant but avoided the legal issues unlike Charlie - win
They also have tens of  millions of dollars in cash if not hundreds so even if everything imploded tomorrow they would be fine - win

Seem to be doing OK for a couple of young guys.... But I'm sure you could do it better, right?

flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:38:42 PM

Amazing how much praise 2 idiots can garner from being able to play around with millions of dollars of house money courtesy of their parents success.

That's why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:14:27 AM

don't you think, since BTC price is sooooooooo easy to manipulate, that robber-barons like these twin douches will just manipulate the hell out of it until its broke?
The EFT just replaces the money they spent on BTC. If they break BTC, its no worries for their pocketbooks
point to winklevii
and before you all start saying "but its a regulated ETF, they cant manipulate..."
its wallstreet, if there is money to be made, they will squeeze every penny out. no matter the ethics, rules, laws, or "love of the technology"

these two guys might kill BTC, and I think they might just have the blessing of the powers that be. The powers have wanted it dead for too long.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:33:05 AM

don't you think, since BTC price is sooooooooo easy to manipulate, that robber-barons like these twin douches will just manipulate the hell out of it until its broke?
The EFT just replaces the money they spent on BTC. If they break BTC, its no worries for their pocketbooks
point to winklevii
and before you all start saying "but its a regulated ETF, they cant manipulate..."
its wallstreet, if there is money to be made, they will squeeze every penny out. no matter the ethics, rules, laws, or "love of the technology"

these two guys might kill BTC, and I think they might just have the blessing of the powers that be. The powers have wanted it dead for too long.

they cant break bitcoin .........even their 1% is not enough
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:34:21 AM

what limitations? earmarked by who?

He probably thinks Bitcoin is a company owned by somebody, don't mind him Wink I also found it strange that people are ranting about the Winklevoss twins so much when quite simply Coinbase seems to have pulled off what they have planned far better just by doing it instead of talking it up all the time.

Actions always speak louder than words, it's like listening to Paypal bitch about how they love Bitcoin so much and are going to implement it then never do anything and Overstock comes along and just slots it in because they were actually getting it set up instead of going on a PR tour.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:38:05 AM

7 years and the estimation of Bitcoin's userbase is only 250,000 persons.  Whatsapp is newer than Bitcoin and has 600 million users.  There's actually countless examples of tech and products that all acquired more users in their first year than Bitcoin has done over 6+ years. 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: