Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:25:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevii will become one of great capitalist barons of this century!  (Read 5538 times)
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:40:34 AM

I appreciate all the effort they are putting out, they take tons of criticism but keep on trucking. But I wish they would stop throwing out market cap/price per btc  estimates (even if they truly believe it), it really damages their credibility. when the 2 holding 1% of the pie claim it will go from $300 to $40k....

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:43:36 AM

7 years and the estimation of Bitcoin's userbase is only 250,000 persons.  Whatsapp is newer than Bitcoin and has 600 million users.  There's actually countless examples of tech and products that all acquired more users in their first year than Bitcoin has done over 6+ years. 

whatsapp is free and doesnt have to overcome the legal hurdles to beat international banking laws and a million other reasons why uptake will be slower
there is no comparison
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:45:52 AM

I appreciate all the effort they are putting out, they take tons of criticism but keep on trucking. But I wish they would stop throwing out market cap/price per btc  estimates (even if they truly believe it), it really damages their credibility. when the 2 holding 1% of the pie claim it will go from $300 to $40k....

id be more worried if they said they didnt have any btc and were opening an ETF and a regulated  exchange
their 1%  will keep them motivated

i bet they will love the day when btc is worth more than facebook -just to stick it to zuckerberg Cheesy
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:47:33 AM

7 years and the estimation of Bitcoin's userbase is only 250,000 persons.  Whatsapp is newer than Bitcoin and has 600 million users.  There's actually countless examples of tech and products that all acquired more users in their first year than Bitcoin has done over 6+ years. 

whatsapp is free and doesnt have to overcome the legal hurdles to beat international banking laws and a million other reasons why uptake will be slower
there is no comparison

Bitcoin is free.  I don't ever recall having to pay to download the QT wallet, or having to pay to use a faucet.  Example fail.  Even Cointelegraph had an article the other day about Bangladeshi students converting their BTC freebies to buy burgers for lunchtime.

Besides there's a lot of paid stuff out there with way more users than Bitcoin.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:49:23 AM

Sooo many things wrong with this comparison.

CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:53:33 AM

there is no comparison

Bitcoin is free.  I don't ever recall having to pay to download the QT wallet, or having to pay to use a faucet.  Example fail.  Even Cointelegraph had an article the other day about Bangladeshi students converting their BTC freebies to buy burgers for lunchtime.

ok ,how much does a burger cost in bangladesh ?
TaunSew

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:04:06 AM

there is no comparison

8 cents in the article
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113324/my-amsterdam-letdown-and-why-bitcoins-real-value-may-lie-beyond-the-first-world

They made a quarter of an adult's daily wage just for 15 minutes of work of hitting up faucets.  Somebody can move to Bangladesh and live like a king off Bitcoin faucets.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:16:55 AM

there is no comparison

8 cents in the article
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113324/my-amsterdam-letdown-and-why-bitcoins-real-value-may-lie-beyond-the-first-world

They made a quarter of an adult's daily wage just for 15 minutes of work of hitting up faucets.  Somebody can move to Bangladesh and live like a king off Bitcoin faucets.

i would like an 8 cent burger sent to a lab to be tested before eating it lol
beef aint that cheap ANYWHERE  Cheesy
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:27:04 AM

don't you think, since BTC price is sooooooooo easy to manipulate, that robber-barons like these twin douches will just manipulate the hell out of it until its broke?
The EFT just replaces the money they spent on BTC. If they break BTC, its no worries for their pocketbooks
point to winklevii
and before you all start saying "but its a regulated ETF, they cant manipulate..."
its wallstreet, if there is money to be made, they will squeeze every penny out. no matter the ethics, rules, laws, or "love of the technology"

these two guys might kill BTC, and I think they might just have the blessing of the powers that be. The powers have wanted it dead for too long.

they cant break bitcoin .........even their 1% is not enough

Break like breaking the Internet. FUD and bs news and troll campaigns; lower the price. Creating fake volume by selling coins to themselves; raise the price. When the general public sees how easily this can be done and enough investors get burnt, put the final nail in btc's coffin.
Admittedly it's a paranoid scenario, but after seeing scam after ponzu after blatant rip off and manipulation, not just Wall Street, but everywhere, I am sceptical of these guys.
If you think it can't be done to btc you are wrong. They said forex was too big, and too strong to be rigged too!
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:43:47 AM

I have one word for you: media
(besides other reasons, why you can't compare Bitcoin to a messenger)

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
TaunSew

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:31:55 AM

Media?  Bitcoin is mentioned more than Whatsapp..

What other reasons?  Maybe you should tell PayPal who has 150 million users and they exclusively deal with digital payments.   Cheesy

Reason only 250,000 people use Bitcoin is because its' technology isn't ready for mass adoption (if we had millions of users then we'll have terabyte sized blockchains and hours long confirmations), miner whores who keep on dumping, too many crooks and scammers, et cetera.

turvarya

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:42:46 AM

What other reasons?  Maybe you should tell PayPal who has 150 million users and they exclusively deal with digital payments.   Cheesy

Reason only 250,000 people use Bitcoin is because its' technology isn't ready for mass adoption (if we had millions of users then we'll have terabyte sized blockchains and hours long confirmations), miner whores who keep on dumping, too many crooks and scammers, et cetera.

Yes, there is more bad news about Bitcoin than about WhatsApp. Who wants to use "drug money"? Who wants to buy into a "ponzi"?
Mass adoption can't occur as long as mass media focus on bad news about Bitcoin. The masses are not tech savy, they don't look into a new technology, just because they are curious. They look into it, because mass media told them to do so.

cuddaloreappu (OP)

Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:45:14 AM

well said, I believe there is a cartel which has influence over bitcoin code and prevents any attempt to make it go mainstream by ignoring these blockchain size issues and solutions!

All they want is bitcoin to remain this same size and never go mainstreeam
Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:57:05 AM

Funny how they seem to manage to grab magnanimous numbers out of the air like that. Sorry if I seem too skeptical but things haven't gone as well as anyone would have hoped for bitcoin. But then these guys come up with an ETF. Bold move if you ask me but well worth the risk. Let's hope they do succeed in "building infrastructure aimed at legitimizing and securing the currency".
turvarya

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:40:23 AM

Funny how they seem to manage to grab magnanimous numbers out of the air like that. Sorry if I seem too skeptical but things haven't gone as well as anyone would have hoped for bitcoin. But then these guys come up with an ETF. Bold move if you ask me but well worth the risk. Let's hope they do succeed in "building infrastructure aimed at legitimizing and securing the currency".
Are there any predictions from serious sources(not anonymous accounts on this forum) that became completely untrue?
It is not a surprise that the hopes of uneducated people(I include myself into this group) don't come true.

Bitcoinexp

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:49:40 AM

Are there any predictions from serious sources(not anonymous accounts on this forum) that became completely untrue?
It is not a surprise that the hopes of uneducated people(I include myself into this group) don't come true.

Well, one can only hope, given bitcoin is what it is... Smiley
lunarboy

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:07:39 PM

Does anyone here know anything about the politics of these two? Are they libertarians, or just lucky rich kids who bought a shit load of BTC at the right time and now intend to milk it for all its worth?

There are many scammers, many technologists and many philanthropists plus a huge number of greedy get rich quick kids in the is community.

Where do Winklevii fit in?

Gio344

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:24:06 PM

They discovered facebook, its only the number 1 site on the internet

They are early adopters of btc, do you think they will let this one slip away from their hands?

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:28:43 PM

Where do Winklevii fit in?

millionaires who want to be trillionaires, so yeah just your average run of the mill millionaires  Wink
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:42:16 PM

They will be the Rothchilds of the 21century.. all because the real Rothchilds have absolutely no idea of whats going on outside their circles.

Rothchilds control and manipulate the market. They are not there yet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: