Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFloor Customer Reviews  (Read 6554 times)
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 01:07:12 PM

BitFloor is awesome.

While everyone whines and complains about their money being tied up at Gox and puts sellers here on hold waiting for funds.  I drive my happy *ss down to a chase bank, drive back to the office and spend the freshly purchased credit on BTC...  Which then immediately gets spent on hardware.  It's a vicious cycle.

If for some strange reason I want USD the process is even easier, I sell BTC and transfer the funds to my Chase account.

If you don't have a chase bank just wire me some money and I'll deposit it for you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 01:27:42 PM

If you don't have a chase bank just wire me some money and I'll deposit it for you!

Don't offer this.
1) Bitfloor accepts wires from any bank in the world
2) Most likely the only people willing to take you up on this offer would do so in order to launder money through your account.  When you get a knock on the door and some DEA agents want to know how/why $50K worth of funds related to a drug sting went through your bank account you will be saying "man that was stupid".
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 08:04:16 PM

Don't offer this.
2) Most likely the only people willing to take you up on this offer would do so in order to launder money through your account.  When you get a knock on the door and some DEA agents want to know how/why $50K worth of funds related to a drug sting went through your bank account you will be saying "man that was stupid".

You are correct.  Putting other peoples money through your own account is not a good idea.  But I don't launder money.  So If you don't have a chase bank just wire me some money and I'll deposit it for you!

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 08:11:01 PM

But I don't launder money.
You won't know you have become a mule until it's all over and the fat lady sings.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 08:25:11 PM

Don't offer this.

You are correct.  Putting other peoples money through your own account is not a good idea.  But I don't launder money.  So If you don't have a chase bank just wire me some money and I'll deposit it for you!

As previously mentioned multiple times, people don't need a Chase bank to wire money to Bitfloor. Your middleman services are redundant and carry unnecessary legal liability.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:29:38 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2012, 03:43:53 PM by EnergyVampire

I'm not sure which thread to ask this question but....

While testing Limit Order entries on the website an additional .4% is added to the trade size. For example, a "Sell: 1 @8.50" changes to "Sell: 1.004 @8.50". How does this work exactly?
I thought the liquidity rebates where in USD and if so, why is the order size increasing?

shtylman

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:53:37 PM

While testing Limit Order entries on the website an additional .4% is added to the trade size. For example, a "Sell: 1 @8.50" changes to "Sell: 1.004 @8.50". How does this work exactly?
I thought the liquidity rebates where in USD and if so, why is the order size increasing?

It is a glitch with the limit order calculator interface which happens when you tab out of the field instead of clicking out of it. I will get the issue resolved. Liquidity rebates are indeed in USD as you are expecting.
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:58:20 PM

It is a glitch with the limit order calculator interface which happens when you tab out of the field instead of clicking out of it. I will get the issue resolved. Liquidity rebates are indeed in USD as you are expecting.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the quick reply, Shtylman

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:12:29 PM

Trying to login I get:

Code:
504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn't respond in time.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

shtylman

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:15:27 PM

Trying to login I get:

Code:
504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn't respond in time.

Such a question is better first sent to support Smiley In either case, please try to login again as the issue should be resolved.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 03:17:09 AM

Such a question is better first sent to support

Ah ... title shows customer reviews, not customer support.  Sorry.

E-mail is a horrible communications method though.  A ticket-based support tool might be something to prioritize.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 07:59:19 PM

BitFloor has reported a security breach.  No coins were kept in cold storage, and all coins from the hot wallet are now spent.  

As a last resort, I will be forced to fully shut BitFloor down and initiate account repayment using current available funds. I still have all of the logs for accounts, trades, transfers. I know exactly how much each user currently has in their account for both USD and BTC. No records were lost in this attack.

- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105818.0
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105819.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █