Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Actual Bitcoin 2.0 - Would You Buy It?  (Read 2383 times)
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:11:16 AM

Actually we already have many Bitcoin2.0s like NXT Ethereum that are much more advanced than Bitcoin, however , as we can see, the Bitcoin2.0s are not popular, obviously we don't need a new Bitcoin , the Bitcoin is perfect enough .
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:17:41 AM

We aren't even at 1.0 yet. Also, just because some group decides to move to 'bitcoin 2.0' doesn't mean anything. I personally wouldn't support it but I do support other '2.0' projects.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:43:07 AM

What would you do if you woke up and read an announcement from the BTC Foundation-

"Today we would like to proudly announce the launch of Bitcoin 2. We're all out of BTC now and have moved onto the new one."

Avoid it like the plague and stay with Bitcoin
That said if there was a 2.0 there would be a lot of preparation it would not be an overnight thing.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 09:48:28 AM

What would you do if you woke up and read an announcement from the BTC Foundation-

"Today we would like to proudly announce the launch of Bitcoin 2. We're all out of BTC now and have moved onto the new one."

Still a lot of bitcoin out there, but if bitcoin 2.0 release, it must be an altcoin, not bitcoin anymore.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:08:25 AM

It must be an altcoin, so why i need to buy altcoin ?
If not we still have to wait for a long time Sad

How about Crypto 2.0 ?

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 10:23:43 AM

It must be an altcoin, so why i need to buy altcoin ?
If not we still have to wait for a long time Sad

How about Crypto 2.0 ?

How about if the an altcoin worthed and have a good value.
cesckat

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Verba volant, bits persist.

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:59:37 AM

No.

Would you buy a USD 2.0?

^Exactly.
As well, bitcoin it's not on 1.0 or 2.0 version. It's still evolving and It's going to continue doing it.

In my opinion this isn't going to happen.

HODL!
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:42:49 PM

Actually we already have many Bitcoin2.0s like NXT Ethereum that are much more advanced than Bitcoin, however , as we can see, the Bitcoin2.0s are not popular, obviously we don't need a new Bitcoin , the Bitcoin is perfect enough .

These are NOT Bitcoin 2.0, they are separate projects with no relationship with Bitcoin whatsoever.

People really need to understand what “2.0” actually means: it's the second major version of a program, protocol, etc. Bitcoin is not even in version 1.0, so asking what will happen with it is like asking what you will be doing with your life in 2050.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:48:09 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 is just a buzzword ... I look forward to Bitcoin 0.9.4

The BTC foundation has very little to do with the bitcoin ecosystem and is becoming
more and more obsolete everyday.

It did came out as far as I know , at least this is what read on Reddit sometime ago .
but I'am more then sure that it didn't came out for Windows yet , It's only available for Ubuntu at the moment . so unless you have ubuntu... you need to wait some more time Wink
~ Madness.

R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:56:10 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 is just a buzzword ... I look forward to Bitcoin 0.9.4

The BTC foundation has very little to do with the bitcoin ecosystem and is becoming
more and more obsolete everyday.

It did came out as far as I know

[citation needed]

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:58:38 PM

I wouldn't touch it if it meant abandoning all existing Bitcoins along with current block chain.

If it was a hard fork to include new functionality (like faster block times, newer CPU-mineable algo, better anonymization etc.) , I would definitely switch.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 02:16:13 PM

To the OP, the Bitcoin Foundation has nothing to do with actual iterations of Bitcoin 1.0, or 2.0, or any version changes.

If the miners and consensus don't agree with any new forked chain, then we'll remain on the original blockchain.

Yes, the Bitcoin Foundation has Gavin and pays for development on Bitcoin Core.

That said, the Bitcoin Foundation is nothing more then a glorified fan club, that has a few influential players.

Why do you think Andreas Antonopolous left that scummy foundation?

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:07:28 PM

What would the foundation have to do with that? The only way I could see this happening is if BTC were broken and required a hard fork. In that case we might all have to move to a 2.0.

But No. There are bitcoins and scamcoins. Well, ok, litecoin has shown it's staying power.
Legit, but you are forgeting MAID as a solid project for the future. And maybe Monero if you are into buying ilegal shit (im not).
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:29:56 AM

i won't move to the new bitcoin if it will separated from current bitcoin but if it will an update then i would love to see new features
but don't think people will accept if they launch a new coin named bitcoin 2.0
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:37:57 AM

To the OP, the Bitcoin Foundation has nothing to do with actual iterations of Bitcoin 1.0, or 2.0, or any version changes.

Maybe he's just theorizing that what if they did announce such a thing, would people pay attention or how would they react, though he probably is just mistaken by what authority they actually have  Cheesy.

That said, the Bitcoin Foundation is nothing more then a glorified fan club, that has a few influential players.

I wouldn't call it a fanclub but I think sadly it is going to become an insider club for people with certain business interests who see it as beneficial to their goals and they'll try to influence certain things to achieve this.

Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:00:01 PM

I think most people who missed out on "Bitcoin 1.0" would definitely buy. Wouldn't want to miss out on another chance to become an "overnight millionaire" again. As to whether i would buy it, probably. Regarding whether i would use it... it would have to have a significant pro compared to the current bitcoin, maybe possible reversibility?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 02:18:16 PM

Maybe he's just theorizing that what if they did announce such a thing, would people pay attention or how would they react, though he probably is just mistaken by what authority they actually have  Cheesy.

I wouldn't call it a fanclub but I think sadly it is going to become an insider club for people with certain business interests who see it as beneficial to their goals and they'll try to influence certain things to achieve this.

Yes, I took is that.  The OP probably thought the Bitcoin Foundation actually had the pull or authority on version updates.  So at least now he knows, they do not have the power to order or push forth to any future Bitcoin versions....at all.

As for what it actually is....fanclub maybe a little strong.  It's like a PR spin/promotion foundation, that does fund some developing like the aforementioned Bitcoin core.  They are responsible for the https://bitcoin.org home page, so that's a positive.

Overall though, they're not like "The government" of Bitcoin, or "Congress" where they pass laws or guidelines on how the currency or protocol works.

They started out good and intentions good in the beginning, but with all the mass defections from the board, the unruly shady characters that were or are a part of it, they simply aren't legitimate enough to be truly be listened to or trusted.

Hey you or I can join for $25!  Yay?

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/join/

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:31:46 PM

There are many technologies that are dependent upon the bitcoin blockchain that extend Bitcoin's functionality. It is great that the bitcoin core remains modular and simple instead of bloating it with every feature directly.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: