Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:26:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And the crash continues  (Read 5288 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:30:16 PM

just returning to the previous dump value, not really a dump, this is pure manipulation, big fish are eating nicely

I wish to see a day when the bitcoin is free from manipulation and has a stable value.
I won't mind going all in on it then

I doubt its value will ever be completely stable.

i don't understand if a Fiat coin it is not stable in real life,
why bitcoin should be???
i see euro, dollar, ruble, yen and all other coins are really volatile!!
and there aren't matters!!!

It's a question of degree.
While USD price fluctuates, BTC price takes epileptic fits--often changing more in a few minutes than the USD does over a whole year.  That's why businesses which accept BTC set their prices in real money, and convert the price to BTC at the moment of transaction.
calci

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:34:49 PM

just returning to the previous dump value, not really a dump, this is pure manipulation, big fish are eating nicely

I wish to see a day when the bitcoin is free from manipulation and has a stable value.
I won't mind going all in on it then

I doubt its value will ever be completely stable.

i don't understand if a Fiat coin it is not stable in real life,
why bitcoin should be???
i see euro, dollar, ruble, yen and all other coins are really volatile!!
and there aren't matters!!!

Well none of them are actually as volatile as the bitcoin. The volatility of rubble was actually a crash, and different from normal volatility.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:07:09 PM

i agree with NotLambchop and calci...

bitcoin trading have an high volatility...

more and more highest of fiat currency exchage!!!

but i know there are a lot of traders who switch from fiat currency trading to bitcoin trading,
just to take advantage from the highest market volatility!!!

all of us know if there aren't volatility,
there aren't gain in trading!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
fred930

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:22:29 AM

i agree with NotLambchop and calci...

bitcoin trading have an high volatility...

more and more highest of fiat currency exchage!!!

but i know there are a lot of traders who switch from fiat currency trading to bitcoin trading,
just to take advantage from the highest market volatility!!!

all of us know if there aren't volatility,
there aren't gain in trading!!!

They must have to switch between fiat currency trading to bitcoin trading very frequently because there have been long periods when bitcoins price was fairly stable interspersed with volatile periods.
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:33:41 AM

The term 'currency' is thrown around very loosely.  The U.S. Government defines bitcoin as 'virtual currency,' which is very different than an actual currency. Why? Because real currency is backed by military...very expensive military forces...that can wipe out the entire world's population.   Bitcoin is backed by....anonymous neckbeards securing a blockchain.  There's a huge difference there.

If anything, I look at bitcoin as more of an 'alternate payment method,' no different than the categorization of credit cards, paypal, money orders, and the like.  Until bitcoin can shake it's direct value ties to the u.s. dollar, it cannot stand on its own and thus isn't a true currency.  It's basically exchangeable monopoly money on a harddrive.
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:57:21 AM

The term 'currency' is thrown around very loosely.  The U.S. Government defines bitcoin as 'virtual currency,' which is very different than an actual currency. Why? Because real currency is backed by military...very expensive military forces...that can wipe out the entire world's population.   Bitcoin is backed by....anonymous neckbeards securing a blockchain.  There's a huge difference there.

If anything, I look at bitcoin as more of an 'alternate payment method,' no different than the categorization of credit cards, paypal, money orders, and the like.  Until bitcoin can shake it's direct value ties to the u.s. dollar, it cannot stand on its own and thus isn't a true currency.  It's basically exchangeable monopoly money on a harddrive.

Careful there, the IRS does not consider Bitcoin to be any kind of a currency for tax reporting purposes.  It's treated like capital.  Every time (and I mean every time) you convert a Bitcoin into another form (other cryptos, real estate, gold, dollars, even a cup of coffee), you are supposed to report this to the IRS.  Like I've said here before, the IRS has through their regulations made Bitcoin essentially impossible to use as a currency and still remain compliant with tax code.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:46:54 AM

@unsoindovo

mostly scaling issues..

- max of 7tps due to block size limitation, increasing the blocksize has some negative effects too and just moves the problem to the future, removing it adds more problems.
- ever exponentially growing blockchain size, other coins have developed a solution to this issue, regardless of cheap bandwith and storage, it's highly inefficient to store a full history of decades or centuries and increases centralization (and i like the initial decentralized aspect of bitcoin a lot..)
- 10 minute confirmation time, i don't think i have to say anything about this, quite a problem in real life transactions where you're not interacting with the other party for half an hour...

- not anonymous, fully traceable and possible to make very good correlations.
- no multi-sig implementation that's usable for the average Joe.

And the wallet doesn't fit in my pocket, It's doomed.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:55:50 AM

I think that is exactly what is good about it.  If it takes so long, it will get spread out a lot.  The seigniorage will be everywhere and nowhere.  

Bitcoin is not going to become a main currency (if ever) before several decades in any case, so just as well take that time to distribute it.  Bitcoin is a century-long project.  As fiat money has been.

Man, it's a cult for some grandeur-dilousional lunatics and can't hold water. It's already hopelessly antiquated.  

All i hear from the Bitcoin hardcore supporters is contradictions by now. It was delusional madness before  (still is) and now it has become contradictions. So i think it's safe to say this crowd has lost its credibility together with the coin they support.

People want to make payments and store value now, not next century. Bitcoin is a joke.

your view: Bitcoin will go down to double digits and people will still be interested. It is one of the most volatile things on earth and can't hold value but somehow in a century it magically is still the leading crypto

my view: next century we will have 5 to 20 wildly advanced cryptocurrencies which get more and more staying power as they progress through the technical evolutionary stages and which will directly cater to the needs of their userbase. So the future is in altcoin developement and there will be a new golddigger era in the upcoming years as old bitcoin is dethroned and real competition between technologically advanced coins for userbase sets in. Cryptocurrency startup will become a billion dollar industry. In my scenario Bitcoin will be remembered as the first one but sadly had too many problems. A lot of altcoins will go mainstream (not bitcoin) and they will see a progression/evolution like that of musical genres last century (first came blues, jazz, then rock n' roll which advanced into a huge array of rockmusic. Later came RAP, POP and Techno and so on) ... so bitcoin is more like the classical music and maybe it will still be played next century amongst some nostalgic people but most people will prefer Rock or Pop.

which view do you think is more realistic?

Bitcoin has really become an obstacle to true technological advancement. And all the cult following with their contradictions and pipedream-hype-talk is an insult to the intelligent man.

It's not shiny, and the sound when you throw a new coin onto the same address, is nothing like the sound of accumulating gold coins in a chest. Why would anywone want that?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: