Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:12:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Next / Improved chip info???  (Read 1037 times)
Shazam!!! (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 11:21:35 PM

Does anyone have/know any info on some of the next chips/designs??? Or info on improved last generation???

Speeds?

Power consumption?

Release dates?

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:54:09 PM

You could try the search (through google - forum's is disabled atm), but in short: No, No and No.

I think the only one that posted some preliminary information that's not just based on pure conjecture or simulations is ASICminer with their BE300: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888260 .

Several companies have come out with just improved chips, Bitmain's BM1384, for example.

Would be nice to have an overview of pure chips (bitcoin wiki, say - Canaan Creative make pretty good pages about their chips already), but overall.. unless you plan on building miners with them yourself, chip details aren't all that interesting compared to finished miners (be that hardware in hand / hosted / cloud).

Shazam!!! (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:21:51 AM

You could try the search (through google - forum's is disabled atm), but in short: No, No and No.

I think the only one that posted some preliminary information that's not just based on pure conjecture or simulations is ASICminer with their BE300: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888260 .

Several companies have come out with just improved chips, Bitmain's BM1384, for example.

Would be nice to have an overview of pure chips (bitcoin wiki, say - Canaan Creative make pretty good pages about their chips already), but overall.. unless you plan on building miners with them yourself, chip details aren't all that interesting compared to finished miners (be that hardware in hand / hosted / cloud).

Thanx for the heads up. I've read about the older stuff from the last couple years on google.

The BE300 is on my watch list for sure.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
SMB-2525

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:43:56 PM

Just keep in mind the economics are changing. Mining is zero sum. For a new chip to make money, it has to take capacity from other chips. Competition is brutal and there is a halving coming.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: