Bitcoin Forum
August 07, 2024, 12:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Automatic Bitcoin Selling on MtGox with BitcoinBuilder.com  (Read 2036 times)
joshbb (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:34:42 PM

I apologize for the semi-cross post, but I wanted to specifically highlight for miners my new post on the main BitcoinBuilder thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67835.0

BB now supports not just automatic scheduled buying of BTC on your mtgox account, it also supports automatic scheduled selling of BTC too!

Which, although anybody of course could use it, seems of most relevance to miners who generate a rather steady stream of BTC they need to convert into fiat to pay their hosting/electricity bills!

Also, BB now supports buying/selling at not just the market price, but also the highest bid, lowest ask, 24 hour high, 24 hour low, 24 hour average, and 24 hour volume-weighted average. Of course, placing any order besides a market price might mean your order doesn't execute, but them's the breaks!

Check it out, it's 100% free and only needs "trade" API access to your mtgox account.

https://www.bitcoinbuilder.com/

Thanks,
josh!
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 12:37:05 PM

Great idea!

Would love to see other APIs support too and some fees to increase confidence to the point that it's more reliable or convienient than using a VPS.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 02:07:59 PM

ah... it doesn't seem to work...

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
joshbb (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 06:21:53 AM

Ah, sorry about that.. it looks like you had too small an amount in there.. mtgox makes the orders fail if they are for less than 0.01 BTC per order! I've added an error message to make that clearer!

Give it another try?
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:59:58 PM

Ah, sorry about that.. it looks like you had too small an amount in there.. mtgox makes the orders fail if they are for less than 0.01 BTC per order! I've added an error message to make that clearer!

Give it another try?
You're Josh Jones? Sweet, I got banned from your hosting service many years ago  Cheesy

How easy would it be to integrate buying/selling automatically based on certain indicators (I was thinking of moving average).

I'd like it ideally to automatically compare two different moving averages, then execute buy/sell orders when they cross. Would that be something you could implement?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: