Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 05:50:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you still believe bitcoin will free you from paying tax one day?  (Read 5855 times)
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:37:14 PM

see, I am not explicitly saying that  bitcoin was created for tax evasion, but rather implying that crypto currencies will eventually result in people to be in control of their wealth and that eventually will be disruptive to the state

"The State" will always find ways to take their cut and punish those who avoid giving it to them. The gov basically scares people into paying taxes and nothing will change with bitcoin.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:08:54 PM

see, I am not explicitly saying that  bitcoin was created for tax evasion, but rather implying that crypto currencies will eventually result in people to be in control of their wealth and that eventually will be disruptive to the state

"The State" will always find ways to take their cut and punish those who avoid giving it to them. The gov basically scares people into paying taxes and nothing will change with bitcoin.

maybe its time, that story is no longer easy for state
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:26:05 PM

yes, the state will need to increase VAT and sales tax to make up from its loss in profiteering elsewhere with income taxes.

Raeg

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:31:00 PM

maybe its time, that story is no longer easy for state

It will always be easy for them as the vast majority of the general public will willingly pay them without asking questions because the feel powerless to do anything about it. If you could get masses of people involved with tax resistance it will be a different matter but that will never happen without some sort of revolution (which will also likely never happen).
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:46:09 PM

I'm looking forward to the day btc is taxed. Means it's on the right track to full scale adoption.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:23:52 PM

I'm looking forward to the day btc is taxed. Means it's on the right track to full scale adoption.

Most countries already tax Bitcoin and most btc payment processors report to government regulators.

Or are you suggesting you look forward to bitcoin losing all its fundamental privacy properties where people don't have the choice of trying to avoid taxes? If yes, than what's the point of bitcoin in the first place? You already have fiat for that where the corrupt politicians can steal and seize your money. You do realize bitcoin sacrifices efficiency for privacy and sovereignty? It is much cheaper to simply have a database at a bank with balances like banks already do with fiat.

hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:29:08 PM

bitcoin taxing off blockchain raises the issue of how much you actually pay due to price swings. And there is no way of doing it on the chain. It's not tied to a country so having scripts in the actual chain paying various agencies would be cumbersome and really wouldn't fly with the average user.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:46:39 PM

yes it can save you from taxes , how ?

buy blue bird with bitcoins and eat it now you are free of taxes RIP

Tdowns

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:50:05 PM

In some countries, the government doesn't care about people reporting about taxes related to bitcoin.
BitNerd

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:01:02 AM

the government will never be able to prove your wealth you own in bitcoin and thereby you need not pay taxes or pay them little and keep all your wealth yourself!

There's nothing special about Bitcoin in that regard.  You can just as easily store all your wealth in physical cash (such as U.S. dollars) and keep them all hidden.  As long as you hide them well enough, "the government will never be able to prove your wealth you own in U.S. dollars".  Of course, just like with U.S. dollars, the tricky part is hiding your bitcoin well enough that they can't find it (or determine that you own it).  This is known as tax evasion, and is a crime in most jurisdictions.  Failing to pay the taxes that your jurisdiction demands of you is a risky decision that is likely to result in prosecution.

Not true. The government can still take your physical money, even without touching it or knowing where it is. And it does that by printing more money. But the government can't play alchemist with bitcoins.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:27:29 AM

Taxes is how the government does everything, the government system wouldn't surivve without taxes.

This is precisely, why so many people don't want to pay tax any longer. BTC isn't enough to achieve that goal, but it can certainly help.

But people don't understand that EVERYTHING they do is covered by taxes. Drive a car to the store and buy fuel, that fuel is brought to you by the government. Drive on the road, that'2s covered by taxes.

I suggest you travel around the world. There are countries without any kind of income tax, and they have roads and gas stations. From my experience, the best countries in the world, with the best equipment and the nicest people, are the countries with the lowest taxes.

Who said BTC has been designed with tax evasion in mind? Those who are successful in this game do not need BTC, even if it makes many things easier, but regular folks with 9to5 jobs will pay tax forever, and BTC won't change anything for them.

BTC makes it easier to start an undocumented, unregistered business, but few businesses and even fewer people can take advantage of that.

So the rich dont have to pay taxes! is tax only for the middle class and poor

No, not the rich in a general sense. It's the adventurous don't have to pay tax.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:02:35 AM

But people don't understand that EVERYTHING they do is covered by taxes. Drive a car to the store and buy fuel, that fuel is brought to you by the government. Drive on the road, that'2s covered by taxes.

This is literally the same as saying, "I am a slave and my master provides me food and clothing. Therefore without slavery I wouldn't have any food or clothes."

Lol?

Just because a prisoner uses prison toilets and sleeps on prison owned beds doesn't mean he supports the prison system.

cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:29:46 AM

Taxes is how the government does everything, the government system wouldn't surivve without taxes.

This is precisely, why so many people don't want to pay tax any longer. BTC isn't enough to achieve that goal, but it can certainly help.

I suggest you travel around the world. There are countries without any kind of income tax, and they have roads and gas stations. From my experience, the best countries in the world, with the best equipment and the nicest people, are the countries with the lowest taxes.

Who said BTC has been designed with tax evasion in mind? Those who are successful in this game do not need BTC, even if it makes many things easier, but regular folks with 9to5 jobs will pay tax forever, and BTC won't change anything for them.

BTC makes it easier to start an undocumented, unregistered business, but few businesses and even fewer people can take advantage of that.

So the rich dont have to pay taxes! is tax only for the middle class and poor

No, not the rich in a general sense. It's the adventurous don't have to pay tax.

adventurious means? those who do sky diving and scuba diving?
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:09:23 AM

I no longer believe that but still believe it will make me some money someday Wink

gargantuar

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:05:24 AM

This is literally the same as saying, "I am a slave and my master provides me food and clothing. Therefore without slavery I wouldn't have any food or clothes."

Lol?

Just because a prisoner uses prison toilets and sleeps on prison owned beds doesn't mean he supports the prison system.

Indeed.  Read "1984" by George Orwell and "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley.  If you have clear vision you will see we are nearly there (a warped amalgam of those two dystopian visions).  If you don't see it, you are not one of the protagonists and are possibly part of the problem.

Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 03:12:04 AM

You seem to have the wrong idea about Bitcoin, it's not about cheating the systems...or buying drugs

It's about having control of your own wealth and freedom to use it how you wish.

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:16:34 AM

You seem to have the wrong idea about Bitcoin, it's not about cheating the systems...or buying drugs

It's about having control of your own wealth and freedom to use it how you wish.

+1
gamersglory

Activity: 114

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:34:10 AM

Bitcoin is Still dieing a slow death and taking the rest of crypto with it. They have decided that crypto is too much of a threat so there killing it off. 
homeless hacker

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:35:14 AM

I never thought it would ever free me from taxes.

Only 3 things for sure in life; Birth, Death, and Taxes

Wise man we have here. The truth from the start.
colinistheman

Activity: 902
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:05:13 AM

Op, I think it's just a matter of time until something like darkwallet becomes readily usable and works great. Then it's back to square 1 with anonymity.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███