Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:33:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you still believe bitcoin will free you from paying tax one day?  (Read 5844 times)
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:31:06 AM

Relax guys. Bitcoin has gone through 3 BUBBLES ALREADY! Bubbles pop. Take a chill pill and watch the charts.

It's like every time Bitcoin drops $20 people proclaim it's the end of the party and every time it goes up $20 IT'S TOOO TEH MOOONZ!!
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:39:49 AM

Until you live in the country where there is a goverment then you will have to pay taxes. Bitcoin can help to pay less, but this is against goverment and therefore they will try to limit or even stop it. Ideal world like Utopia will became a "scam or ponzi" soon or later 😔.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:46:38 AM

It will never happen but there might be a day when all of us are getting paid in Bitcoin and then we can even pay our taxes in Bitcoin and I think the reason the exchanges are getting regulates is to stop scams.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:51:08 AM

I never thought it would ever free me from taxes.

Only 3 things for sure in life; Birth, Death, and Taxes

Disagreed for me Grin Only two things for me and they are Birth and death like you said but without taxes .
Bitcoin will free me to pay taxes or any other Online payment method , in my country no one basically use Paypal etc ... and they don't really care so any kind of digital money you have is safe and they won't know about it at all . and Bitcoin is even better then Paypal so yeah ... BTC forever <3

~ Madness.

You have no income tax, sales tax, fuel tax, etc etc in your country?  I want to live there, just our of curiosity what country do you live in?

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:40:31 AM

I don't actually mind paying my taxes because I look at it like this; taxes are the annual dues I pay for my membership in the greatest country club in the world!
I get good roads, clean water, I have free medical care, the protection of my servants in the police force and fire dept. ... The list goes on.

If you don't like it move to Uzbekistan, my canada don't need you.

I'm not even sure if btc could serve as a decent tax haven, it's being regulated all over, as we speak, and I'm assuming that taxation is one of the reasons for this.
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 09:22:21 AM

Disagreed for me Grin Only two things for me and they are Birth and death like you said but without taxes .
Bitcoin will free me to pay taxes or any other Online payment method , in my country no one basically use Paypal etc ... and they don't really care so any kind of digital money you have is safe and they won't know about it at all . and Bitcoin is even better then Paypal so yeah ... BTC forever <3

~ Madness.

You have no income tax, sales tax, fuel tax, etc etc in your country?  I want to live there, just our of curiosity what country do you live in?

That would be Algeria mate (biggest country in africa situated on the North of Africa) .
Let's say you have a Paypal Account with 1m dollar , they won't know about it . since the banks their etc aren't accepted by paypal etc so I use other International companies to link my paypal to and algeria isn't involved
Not sure if you got what I'm trying to say Shocked but I guess yo did
~ Madness

Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:34:20 AM

Wise man we have here. The truth from the start.

Not really. If you're really smart you can avoid only one  of these options. Guess which one?  Grin
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:05:06 AM

~ Madness.

You have no income tax, sales tax, fuel tax, etc etc in your country?  I want to live there, just our of curiosity what country do you live in?

That would be Algeria mate (biggest country in africa situated on the North of Africa) .
Let's say you have a Paypal Account with 1m dollar , they won't know about it . since the banks their etc aren't accepted by paypal etc so I use other International companies to link my paypal to and algeria isn't involved
~ Madness
So, you are talking about tax evasion, not about countries having no taxes?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Dajve

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:15:26 AM

Once bitcoins get big enough they will just be taxed like fiat so there's no difference there.

I don't actually mind paying my taxes because I look at it like this; taxes are the annual dues I pay for my membership in the greatest country club in the world!
I get good roads, clean water, I have free medical care, the protection of my servants in the police force and fire dept. ... The list goes on.

If you don't like it move to Uzbekistan, my canada don't need you.

I'm not even sure if btc could serve as a decent tax haven, it's being regulated all over, as we speak, and I'm assuming that taxation is one of the reasons for this.

Canada is the greatest country in the world? Wait, I thought that was 'Murica? Grin
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 11:21:51 AM

~ Madness.

~ Madness
So, you are talking about tax evasion, not about countries having no taxes?

Yes that's what I'am talking about , of course im not talking about countries having no taxes
I don't think there is countries without taxes unless they have tree's that gives them gold and oil .

~ Madness

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:45:17 AM

Is this dream even still alive?

regulated exchanges are popping up..

mining is increasingly becoming centralized!

every idea that created bitcoin  seems to fade away.

back the dream was in  a world where you could buy or hire anything in bitcoin , the government will never be able to prove your wealth you own in bitcoin and thereby you need not pay  taxes or pay them little and keep all your wealth yourself!

Thereby, the hard to earn wealth that you earned with hard work is all yours!

But if this was true by now, some few millions from the trillions kept in Swiss banks should have flown into bitcoins market cap!

it does not happen till now because  bitcoin is not anonymous and only projects like dark wallet may be the the final spice to add to complete the recipe!

But are you losing hope? you still think bitcoin will free you one day from paying tax?

see, I am not explicitly saying that  bitcoin was created for tax evasion, but rather implying that crypto currencies will eventually result in people to be in control of their wealth and that eventually will be disruptive to the state

I think Bitcoin will not be enough to free people from taxes but it could help in the matter.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:33:23 PM

I never believed that , Bitcoin might be good to consider as a future currency but freeing from taxes will never apply on it
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 01:43:11 AM

Bitcoin has freed us from capital control.
Taxes - I didn't really expect to escape from taxes, just because I use bitcoin.
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:15:35 AM

IMO the problem with people complaining about paying taxes is that taxes pay for vital services that government provides. Yes I think taxes are too high, and yes I think that government spends money on a lot that they should not spend it on however without everyone paying taxes I would overall be less safe and overall be worse off
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:45:49 AM

IMO the problem with people complaining about paying taxes is that taxes pay for vital services that government provides. Yes I think taxes are too high, and yes I think that government spends money on a lot that they should not spend it on however without everyone paying taxes I would overall be less safe and overall be worse off

The US government collects taxes on its citizens worldwide, even if they don't stay in the US and obtain any services.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:39:35 AM

The US government collects taxes on its citizens worldwide, even if they don't stay in the US and obtain any services.

Very true. We are all serfs who have merely traded one form of feudalism for another. No one owns any land anymore but we are forced at gunpoint to pay tributes regardless of ethical objections we may have . The NSA program which subverts everyones privacy - we paid for that . The drone that murders civilians without due process - we paid for that. The environment damage caused by shock and awe campaigns and neo-conservative adventurism - we paid for that . The torture in secret prisons and war crimes - we paid for that.

The truly horrific reality is how servile we act and how we allow even 1% (let alone 40-60%) of tax theft to be paid supporting these evil actions which we are responsible for.

applesRyummy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 04:49:06 AM

This is true, however the majority of the tax revenue collected by the federal government is from people residing inside the US. Additionally the vast majority of the people that pay taxes outside the US who pay US taxes will return to the US (and enjoy the services the US government provides) in the near future
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:45:25 AM

For me, the sad thing is in how common this point of view is.  Many people assume that these vital services can only be adequately supplied by the government.  Few people ever try to justify this assumption and, in my experience, none have truly succeeded.  Indeed, I believe that without taxes we would be overall more safe and better off.

Arguing that those complaining about taxation are unaware of its function is akin to accusing the Bitcoin developers and early adopters of being unaware that banks and the government need control over our money to help fight crime and manage the economy.  There are plenty of people here that not only understand this but are poised ready to tear such a comment apart.

Granted, there exist plenty of taxation's critics that don't know what they're talking about and could even be won over by your trite observation but it's beyond insulting to assume that all critics have spent fewer than 60 seconds considering their position.
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:07:01 AM

For me, the sad thing is in how common this point of view is.  Many people assume that these vital services can only be adequately supplied by the government.  Few people ever try to justify this assumption and, in my experience, none have truly succeeded.  Indeed, I believe that without taxes we would be overall more safe and better off.

Arguing that those complaining about taxation are unaware of its function is akin to accusing the Bitcoin developers and early adopters of being unaware that banks and the government need control over our money to help fight crime and manage the economy.  There are plenty of people here that not only understand this but are poised ready to tear such a comment apart.

Granted, there exist plenty of taxation's critics that don't know what they're talking about and could even be won over by your trite observation but it's beyond insulting to assume that all critics have spent fewer than 60 seconds considering their position.
I don't think, we would be safer, when police and courts would be replaced by private firms.
You got raped? We don't care, since you can't afford our service.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
peligro

Activity: 593

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:14:32 AM

I doubt anybody.

I fail to see how Bitcoin eliminates tax. Currently we have to pay a tax when the value appreciates and when it becomes more popular there will be laws regarding other taxes too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: