Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 01:44:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regret and depression  (Read 14866 times)
LifeOfRegret (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:11:10 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:12:36 PM

Sure bro.

Want a cookie ?
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:18:15 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

I feel your pain OP. Same boat. I was aware of Bitcoin way before the price explosion and missed the boat. Now I barely have more than 1.
It was our lifetime posibility to become overnight millonaires and we were so close.
We can still hope that in 10 years 1 BTC will be worth something ridiculously high. If not, we can always jump off a bridge.
ScreamnShout

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:18:29 PM

Everything happens for a reason.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:25:09 PM

I didn't buyed bitcoins when it was $30, but I did during the hype from 400 till 1000 and more. Smiley

You could had done worst Smiley

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
cozk

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:25:37 PM

Don't spend your time regretting and spend it finding the next best thing, a lot of people don't think the early investor ship has sailed for Bitcoin yet!

Food for thought.
LifeOfRegret (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:31:08 PM

Finding the next big thing is already near impossible in life and now that bitcoin already exists, the probability of becoming an overnight millionaire by being an early adopter of another coin is near zero. I know people will say keep trying but I know in my heart bitcoin was my one and only way of becoming a millionaire in life and it was right under my nose.

I listen to this everyday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjbEj6rmNg. It encapsulates my very real possibility of becoming very wealthy and my regret extremely well.
crypto97

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:32:37 PM

Yeah, there is nothing like hindsight to bring on deep depression.
haploid23
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 06:48:36 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me.

With this sense of entitlement, I'm glad you didn't get shit from BTC. Typical get rich for nothing crowd.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:49:49 PM

OP, there's still hope if you put things in perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lge4A1o1ixo

We are still early adopters, not barons of bitcoin tier of early adopters, but early.

In 10 years, we may make it big if we have a couple bitcoins lying around. It all comes down to Bitcoin being a global success or not. It sucks having to wait tho, but at least you have some positive hope in the future, instead of working towards a guaranteed mediocre life.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 06:50:17 PM

With this sense of entitlement, I'm glad you didn't get shit from BTC.
Exactly. Anyone who thinks like that, isn't a millionaire for a reason.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:55:05 PM

Its easy to should of could of would of in hindsight. The skill is seeing the future potential now. The other poster is right no one has a right to be a millionaire but I'm going to help you have another bite of the cookie.

I worry that stupidity is not a one time thing though and that means you wont see this coins potential either. Personally I bet the farm on it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.getgemsmessenger.app

anonEmouse

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:58:25 PM

hehe, we all feel like this at times

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:00:02 PM

Well look, the market has come down from $1200 its a second chance for many who missed that bubble.  Get to work and build a stash.
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:01:18 PM

bitcoin was my one and only way of becoming a millionaire in life and it was right under my nose.

Right now there is another way, and 4 years from now you'll wish you had been doing that instead of moaning on a message board.

If Bitcoin continues to grow, it could be comparable to Visa.  But then there's still room for Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.  If you want a million dollars for a $100 investment, look at which altcoins have that potential.  Me, I'm working both angles - if I buy 1BTC and it gets to be worth $10,000, I still won't be able to retire early.  But if I buy a bunch of altcoins and let them grow into 20BTC, and then those 20BTC are worth $10,000 each, then it's a good start.  

Besides, have you even thought about what you would do with a million dollars?  I mean, would it really make you happy?  Or would you be online 4 years later, saying "I wasted my time chasing bitcoin and a million dollars, and I missed the chance to get married and be happy."

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 07:03:24 PM

We share the pain here mate , I was also selling MMORPG's gold like Aion & Rappelz and heard of Bitcoin only recently but I don't feel bad , I know I could've been rich guy by now , but it is how it is . don't cry about it . the train didn't leave yet Wink Do your best to get some Bitcoin , signature compaigns , sell MMORPG Gold for BTC if you still doing it , hold hold ! wait few years and hope that the price will rise like hell . I'am pretty sure that early adopters didn't predict that the price will rise to this .

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:03:46 PM

i'm in much the same boat, sold mmo gold and knew about btc from way back when but didn't take it up, moneys nothing worth getting depressed over

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:04:25 PM

Bought at $2 sold at $50. Was sailing the waves for a while.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:20:46 PM

Wow, such entitlement.  Undecided

Ektra

Activity: 137
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:42:15 PM

Unless you bought in for cents it would have hardly been overnight anyway. Take a look at the chart, months and years of volatile uncertainty. You'd probably have sold early like lots of people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: