Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:40:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regret and depression  (Read 14864 times)
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:12:06 PM

You could have done worse. Some people are wasting time feverishly buying into every new alt coin trying to make up for missing Bitcoin.

Hint: the next big thousand-bagger will probably not be an alt coin or Bitcoin N.0, although I still feel that Bitcoin has room to grow.

Hey, I'm not just wasting time feverishly buying every altcoin - I'm also wasting money.

But in my defense, finding the next thousand-bagger is only half my strategy.  The other half is just to get more bitcoins.  If I already had 1000BTC, I wouldn't need any altcoins.  But I only have enough money to buy a few BTC, so I'm trying to make small profits and build my btc hodlings that way.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:15:13 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

You could have done worse. Some people are wasting time feverishly buying into every new alt coin trying to make up for missing Bitcoin.

Hint: the next big thousand-bagger will probably not be an alt coin or Bitcoin N.0, although I still feel that Bitcoin has room to grow.

Good point. I bet those alt coin kids who continually lose money trying to discover the next big thing in the alt world are pretty depressed too. Learn live and move on I say.
runpaint

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:36:59 PM

Good point. I bet those alt coin kids who continually lose money trying to discover the next big thing in the alt world are pretty depressed too. Learn live and move on I say.

Not me.  I don't lose money because I don't sell for a loss.

I spend $10 each on 10 cheap altcoins, and one of them goes up 10X.  I sell 10% of that one, and it has paid for itself.  I hold the rest until I want to sell another 10%.  The other 9 coins still have the potential to go up 10X.  If a coin dies, I lose no more than $10, but I've already made more than that overall.

That shotgun approach is how I started out, and it has advantages when coins are dirt cheap.  You can buy a million Dashcoins for less than 50 cents, so why not?  But I admit, I've moved on from a shotgun approach, and now I only buy coins after doing research.  No scams, no premines, no unrealistic promises, no huge stake reward inflation, solid fundamentals, preferably low coin supply, and then you buy when the price has dropped and is already on the way back up.

And yes, I'm glad I spent 100% of my tiny btc holdings on altcoins last year.  Now I can buy BTC cheaper, and I can also sell the altcoins for BTC.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:39:06 PM

Forget about it, what is meant to be yours will be yours, and what is meant not to be yours, you can't have it anyway
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 12:59:37 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

Listen to me.

You are a little out of touch with realities here.
In order to have become a bitcoin millionaire you should have bought at $2.
Moreover, you should have bough at least 4000 BTC, so you should have been willing to put ~$8000 on the table.
Back then it was not so easy to exchange large amounts of dollars to bitcoins, you would have to find someone to make a deal with,
on top of that you had the risk to be scammed also the risk of loosing your coins.
Remember the technical solutions was not mature yet.

Then you had to be a strong believer. Not get tempted selling at $30, still hodl when crashed.
Keep hodling at $100 and not get tempted by getting a fancy new car.

Are a believer in bitcoin?
If yes, then put $8000 on the table to day and buy.
The gamble now is the same now as back then.
At least now the whole infrastructure is establish and the chance of getting scammed or loosing your coins are much less.
Choice is your.  

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:03:55 PM

That's attitude with wich you will never archieve anything in your pathetic life as your way of thinking is really retarded. I knew about it too, i even had some coins but i spent them, who cares fuck it that's life, bitter and sour.

Nice advice but your the guy who completely gave up on Gems the next big thing today cause you couldn't download the app.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:13:59 PM

bitcoin was my one and only way of becoming a millionaire in life and it was right under my nose.

Right now there is another way, and 4 years from now you'll wish you had been doing that instead of moaning on a message board.

If Bitcoin continues to grow, it could be comparable to Visa.  But then there's still room for Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.  If you want a million dollars for a $100 investment, look at which altcoins have that potential.  Me, I'm working both angles - if I buy 1BTC and it gets to be worth $10,000, I still won't be able to retire early.  But if I buy a bunch of altcoins and let them grow into 20BTC, and then those 20BTC are worth $10,000 each, then it's a good start.  

Besides, have you even thought about what you would do with a million dollars?  I mean, would it really make you happy?  Or would you be online 4 years later, saying "I wasted my time chasing bitcoin and a million dollars, and I missed the chance to get married and be happy."

Lol no, I would be happy with 1 million dollars.

But the thing is, who the fuck is going to grow 1 BTC into 20 buying altcoins when most are scams? I can only think 2 altcoins I would put some BTC long term, and we dont know the amount of BTC needed. Im thinking minimum 1 BTC invested and praying to Saint Satoshi that these alts make it big.

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Come original.

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:18:06 PM

If you want to have some wealth invest, it's easy

1.Buy Precious metals this will protect you from the 2% inflation loss of the USD and rise in an economic downturn
2.Buy stocks but ONLY stocks that pay dividends and have no debt, make sure the companies are making a profit and you will roi in a year or two.
3.If you believe in Bitcoin buy bitcoin and put it on a paper wallet.

But investing can also lose you money. No investment is a sure fire return-maker and you can only get in by taking the risk of investing early. Precious metals aren't immune to devaluing and losing as well.
Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:22:15 PM

Regret? Depression? Don't be so hard on yourself. It isn't too late now anyway... you can make a long-term gamble on bitcoin's success. In other words, buy in cheap now. Sure you might not go from nothing to a millionaire, but you might just go from a couple hundred bucks to a millionaire, which isn't that bad at all if you're asking me.  Smiley
runpaint

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:35:53 PM

bitcoin was my one and only way of becoming a millionaire in life and it was right under my nose.

Right now there is another way, and 4 years from now you'll wish you had been doing that instead of moaning on a message board.

If Bitcoin continues to grow, it could be comparable to Visa.  But then there's still room for Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.  If you want a million dollars for a $100 investment, look at which altcoins have that potential.  Me, I'm working both angles - if I buy 1BTC and it gets to be worth $10,000, I still won't be able to retire early.  But if I buy a bunch of altcoins and let them grow into 20BTC, and then those 20BTC are worth $10,000 each, then it's a good start.  

Besides, have you even thought about what you would do with a million dollars?  I mean, would it really make you happy?  Or would you be online 4 years later, saying "I wasted my time chasing bitcoin and a million dollars, and I missed the chance to get married and be happy."

But the thing is, who the fuck is going to grow 1 BTC into 20 buying altcoins when most are scams? I can only think 2 altcoins I would put some BTC long term, and we dont know the amount of BTC needed. Im thinking minimum 1 BTC invested and praying to Saint Satoshi that these alts make it big.

Well that's the trick.

#1 is this coin an outright scam, or will it increase in value over time and with more users, just like Bitcoin?
#2 is this coin cheap enough that I can buy a significant amount for a few dollars?
#3 is the price already in a bubble, or is now still a good time to buy?

Then you just buy and wait 4 years.  That's the part most people can't understand.  They wish they had bought bitcoin for a penny, but what good would it have done them?  They would have sold it for 50 cents and considered it the profit of a lifetime.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:44:07 PM

Well that's the trick.

#1 is this coin an outright scam, or will it increase in value over time and with more users, just like Bitcoin?
#2 is this coin cheap enough that I can buy a significant amount for a few dollars?
#3 is the price already in a bubble, or is now still a good time to buy?

Then you just buy and wait 4 years.  That's the part most people can't understand.  They wish they had bought bitcoin for a penny, but what good would it have done them?  They would have sold it for 50 cents and considered it the profit of a lifetime.

True, but past performance doesnt mean history repeats itself. What other coin could give you Bitcoin-tier results? It was the first coin, I dont see any other coin being able to deliver such gains. I mean when was the last time a coin gave really good gains? Darkcoin? and look where is it now.
nextblast

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:59:31 PM

I have a friend who shares the same problem.
Every morning he wakes up regreting not investing early in BTC.
Yet I think even now we still have big chance to be early adopters and gain significant wealth.
homeless hacker

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:32:29 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me.

With this sense of entitlement, I'm glad you didn't get shit from BTC. Typical get rich for nothing crowd.

Bravo.
LifeOfRegret (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:34:44 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone, I do appreciate it. Those people who are berating me for wanting to get rich quick, I don't understand where you are coming from. Who doesn't want to get rich quick?
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:40:57 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone, I do appreciate it. Those people who are berating me for wanting to get rich quick, I don't understand where you are coming from. Who doesn't want to get rich quick?

I think it was more they thought you expressed the idea that you were entitled to be rich due to your effort. Tell that to millions of poor Africans who I'm sure very hard as well.

Anyway on the positive look into Gems Messenger I believe its going to be MASSIVE potentially bigger than Bitcoin.
runpaint

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:46:22 PM

What other coin could give you Bitcoin-tier results?

Very few coins have any real possibility of selling for $1,000.

BUT -

Bitcoin started selling for about $0.01, whereas now we can buy altcoins for $0.000001.  Even if they're worth less than 1 satoshi, we can buy them under other market pairs.

So Dashcoin doesn't have to give me Bitcoin-tier results, because I didn't pay the Bitcoin-tier price of $0.01.  If you buy 1,000,000DSH for $0.50, it doesn't have to perform like Bitcoin.  It doesn't have to trade for $1000, or $100, or $10, or $1.00.  Your 50 cents will grow into $10,000, if Dashcoin goes as high as 1 penny.  And if you're chasing the overnight Bitcoin millionaire dream, that 1 penny price will make you a millionaire from a $50 investment.

Of course, Dashcoin might not survive long enough to be worth 1 cent each.  So, if that's what you're going for, you could buy $50 worth of a few other coins too.  Now you have a much better chance at that million dollars (much better, but still not much), and you've invested $1000 into 20 coins instead of $50 into 1 coin.  You might say lottery tickets are easier, but these coins are better than lottery tickets even if you're just a greedy speculator.  Because even if they don't "hit", you can still sell them anyway.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
LifeOfRegret (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:51:52 PM

I think it was more they thought you expressed the idea that you were entitled to be rich due to your effort. Tell that to millions of poor Africans who I'm sure very hard as well.

Anyway on the positive look into Gems Messenger I believe its going to be MASSIVE potentially bigger than Bitcoin.

I don't like the word entitled in my case. To me entitled is fitting of say a woman expecting special treatment because she has a vagina. Because the entitlement does and can receive the privilege. In my case who in the world is going to give me a million dollars even if I do feel entitled? The poor Africans bit you mentioned is irrelevant; just because they work hard and not rewarded, doesn't mean I should feel differently.
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:07:54 PM

I don't like the word entitled in my case. To me entitled is fitting of say a woman expecting special treatment because she has a vagina. Because the entitlement does and can receive the privilege. In my case who in the world is going to give me a million dollars even if I do feel entitled? The poor Africans bit you mentioned is irrelevant; just because they work hard and not rewarded, doesn't mean I should feel differently.

Sure there's not many people who wouldn't say no to instant richers but most people don't expect to get it from doing nothing. Many have to work hard for it and it doesn't magically just come calling. Tell me, what is your opinion on bitcoin? Do you have faith in it as a technology?

LifeOfRegret (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:16:18 PM

Sure there's not many people who wouldn't say no to instant richers but most people don't expect to get it from doing nothing. Many have to work hard for it and it doesn't magically just come calling. Tell me, what is your opinion on bitcoin? Do you have faith in it as a technology?

Storage issues need to be addressed (the average person has no idea about the multiple layers of security that you have to implement for safe storage) and anonymity issues but apart from a few other minor things, I completely support and have faith in the bitcoin protocol. Though I do worry that if Satoshi were to dump his coins, bitcoin would be in serious troube.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 03:42:50 PM

even if you bough bitcoin in 2010 you had already sold it at 10 USD or 20 USD.  Kiss

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: