Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regret and depression  (Read 14864 times)
megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:19:43 AM

... I've decided to buy a sailboat live off the coast of new zealand and get baked every day for the remainder of my life and spend my time diving hiking skiing kayaking ... at least there's nature and drugs to enjoy ... maybe some day I'll forget I should have had it all ...

We all get that feeling, of throwing the towel in and saying "fark it". But life always throws second chances.

bagholder since 2013
My sig space is not for sale.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 03:39:00 AM

No one should life with regrets, especially with regards to Bitcoin.  Believe me if all of us knew Bitcoin would go from $0 to $1200 in 2013, we'd all be millionaires.

But that doesn't mean getting involved now is too late.  There's just so much positive news and potential for this 6 years young currency.  Don't listen to the naysayers or trolls, and just stick it out.  Crypto is the future, and you wouldn't join this forum if you didn't think so.

Keep your chin up, broski.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:29:00 AM

Well, there is nothing to regret about. We are still in early stage of Bitcoin so i bet there will be lot of possibilities and chances to make life out of it if you work hard.
Ludi

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:23:42 AM

I've read allegations that if Dread Pirates and Charlie Shrem were "hodl", instead of selling early and then getting into illegal activity, that they would had made way more money and they wouldn't be behind bars today.

Both Shrem and Ulbrict were doing ok with their money and were earning much more running their businesses whether legal or ilegitimate. Shrem was actually running a legit business but just got caught up in the bad side of it. I'd say there's far more money to be made from bitcoin yet so it would be a good idea to set up a business to aquire as many coins as you can for the future as bitcoin today could be worth peanuts compared to its potential future value.

silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:40:10 PM

Same here, I think the problem was I didn't trust my instincts enough, I bought 6 at around $2 each, would have been comparatively trivial for me to buy £200 worth and sold half when they hit $1000.
We were just too timid, never mind, it is still early days.

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:52:36 PM

Same here, I think the problem was I didn't trust my instincts enough, I bought 6 at around $2 each, would have been comparatively trivial for me to buy £200 worth and sold half when they hit $1000.
We were just too timid, never mind, it is still early days.

It's easy to say in retrospect but most people wouldn't have the confidence of faith to put even £200 into what at the time was just new magical internet money which could have easily just become worthless, but it's those that do take the risks that are rewarded (or lose all their money  Cheesy).
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:53:01 AM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me.
We don't need another millionaire, and besides there is no room for you at the top of the pyramid.

“The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.”
― David Orr

Having millions of dollars worth of BTC would be nice but even having just enough to own a small house or having enough invested for the returns to be enough to pay the rent would be good enough. After all, how would someone make a good peacemaker, healer, restorer, etc. if they are homeless and constantly hungry? Being an early adopter would help this regard.
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 02:13:11 AM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

Head up buddy everything that can happen has already happened life is but a dream, you are luckier than a millionaire just being here and being able to tell us your pain!

We all have it and that is good that is what makes us human and that is what makes us alive! Being a millionaire etc will be good but finding someone you truly love and spend the rest of your days with them is a million times better!!

If you do not cheer up you miss the true gold! If you have her and you are depressed etc you need to sort yourself out lol

We are on a rock/water flying threw space at 18.5miles (A second) about 67,000 miles per hour.we have no insurance we are part of a solar system that is a small part of a galaxy that is moving 220 kilometers per second about (490,000 miles per hour!)

Our Milky Way galaxy is part of a cluster of galaxies we refer to as the “local group.” Together, they are cruising through space at an astounding 1000 kilometers per second 2 000 000 MILES PER HOUR!It seems that we're in a hurry to get wherever we're going, so the next logical question would be why do you care about the little things  Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Good luck and cheers up!!

It might never happen

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:20:43 AM

Ha, you don't need a girlfriend to be livin' well. You ain't even pimpin' if you admit to having just one girlfriend! Saying zero is better than saying one.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:59:00 PM

Problem with Bitcoin can be all these get quick rich kids.  Bitcoin, according to Jeffrey Robinson, is only 250,000 users (and many wallets barely contain any sizable amounts) and yet has a capitalization it is already worth more than many companies around the world which have millions and tens of millions of customers.

That 250,000 figure might not be correct. The truth is we don't know exactly how many Bitcoin users there are but there are indications that the number is higher than 250,000. Freebitco.in has over 1 million accounts. Coinbase alone has over 2 million wallets despite only being available in 19 countries (and even less a few months ago). Since they also implement AML/KYC laws, it would be rather unlikely for users to have multiple wallets there. Blockchain.info has 3 million wallets.

I've seen estimates ranging from 250,000 to as high as 10 million:

Shalek, the Ribbit Capital partner, told the audience during the closing panel:

"Bitcoin has this promise of enabling innovation. There are already 10 million people or more using bitcoin."

Link: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-stellar-sidechains-feature-future-money-summit/

The true number is probably somewhere in between the two extremes.
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:18:27 PM

Finding the next big thing is already near impossible in life and now that bitcoin already exists, the probability of becoming an overnight millionaire by being an early adopter of another coin is near zero. I know people will say keep trying but I know in my heart bitcoin was my one and only way of becoming a millionaire in life and it was right under my nose.

I listen to this everyday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjbEj6rmNg. It encapsulates my very real possibility of becoming very wealthy and my regret extremely well.

There's a lot more to life than becoming very wealthy, most of the rich people I know are chronically depressed.

A lottery winner brought a Rolls Royce, parked it outside the supermarket, and found someone had keyed the paintwork when he came back out. He advised other winners never to par their car anywhere public and expect it to be safe. Other lottery winners have said they got a lot of jealousy from people. No wonder most of the rich people you know are chronically depressed.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:00:21 PM

Well, there is nothing to regret about. We are still in early stage of Bitcoin so i bet there will be lot of possibilities and chances to make life out of it if you work hard.
Indeed, we are all still pioneers but to reap the benefits we'll need 10 years when people that were there in 09-12 are already retired if they invested just a bit.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:56:54 PM

I've read allegations that if Dread Pirates and Charlie Shrem were "hodl", instead of selling early and then getting into illegal activity, that they would had made way more money and they wouldn't be behind bars today.

Both Shrem and Ulbrict were doing ok with their money and were earning much more running their businesses whether legal or ilegitimate. Shrem was actually running a legit business but just got caught up in the bad side of it. I'd say there's far more money to be made from bitcoin yet so it would be a good idea to set up a business to aquire as many coins as you can for the future as bitcoin today could be worth peanuts compared to its potential future value.

No they weren't.  Both had many tens of thousands of Bitcoins and back when Bitcoin was $1000 that would had been way more money than they were collecting (themselves personally) running their businesses.  Sure a lot of money went through their two organization but that wasn't their money and it doesn't compared to the prospect if, they were hodl, having $30+ million in the bank.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:58:46 PM

Problem with Bitcoin can be all these get quick rich kids.  Bitcoin, according to Jeffrey Robinson, is only 250,000 users (and many wallets barely contain any sizable amounts) and yet has a capitalization it is already worth more than many companies around the world which have millions and tens of millions of customers.

That 250,000 figure might not be correct. The truth is we don't know exactly how many Bitcoin users there are but there are indications that the number is higher than 250,000. Freebitco.in has over 1 million accounts. Coinbase alone has over 2 million wallets despite only being available in 19 countries (and even less a few months ago). Since they also implement AML/KYC laws, it would be rather unlikely for users to have multiple wallets there. Blockchain.info has 3 million wallets.

I've seen estimates ranging from 250,000 to as high as 10 million:

Shalek, the Ribbit Capital partner, told the audience during the closing panel:

"Bitcoin has this promise of enabling innovation. There are already 10 million people or more using bitcoin."

Link: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-stellar-sidechains-feature-future-money-summit/

The true number is probably somewhere in between the two extremes.

Jeffrey Robinson is an objective source and he came to that analysis based on market activity and other documents.  Your source comes from a company which had every intention to inflate (exaggerate and even lie) to command a premium for their IPO.  

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:03:14 AM

Finding the next big thing is already near impossible in life and now that bitcoin already exists, the probability of becoming an overnight millionaire by being an early adopter of another coin is near zero. I know people will say keep trying but I know in my heart bitcoin was my one and only way of becoming a millionaire in life and it was right under my nose.

I listen to this everyday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjbEj6rmNg. It encapsulates my very real possibility of becoming very wealthy and my regret extremely well.

There's a lot more to life than becoming very wealthy, most of the rich people I know are chronically depressed.

A lottery winner brought a Rolls Royce, parked it outside the supermarket, and found someone had keyed the paintwork when he came back out. He advised other winners never to par their car anywhere public and expect it to be safe. Other lottery winners have said they got a lot of jealousy from people. No wonder most of the rich people you know are chronically depressed.

What rich people do you know unless you live in an elite condominium in Manhattan full of them?  

Besides who cares about a keyed paintwork.  That's why you have 2 cars (or 12+ cars like a lot of lottery winners and/or rich people do) and can put them in the shop if one of the cars gets vandalized.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:09:13 AM

Indeed, we are all still pioneers but to reap the benefits we'll need 10 years when people that were there in 09-12 are already retired if they invested just a bit.

many of those 09-12 investors didnt wait for the later ath to cashout, so rare are the ones that made significant profit (that they could if they just waited).
same thing will probably happen again , but the question is when. reading stuff like this makes me highly optimistic long term (https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-foundation-launches-public-education-campaign-bitcoin/)

cheers
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Moon

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:40:33 AM

look into Organovo holdings man.. stocks!  Roll Eyes

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:44:16 AM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

That's the story of half of people here!
Chillax
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:15:12 AM

That's the story of half of people here!
Chillax
Exactly. One should not regret missed opportunities, there are plenty of them and provided you learned something in that lesson, you won't miss the next one.
also, it is much better to miss an opportunity rather than to buy at the peak of a bubble and never see that price again.

this space is intentionally left blank
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:56:45 AM

It could go away if you succeed in something somehow, maybe in bitcoins, start getting some in case it appreciates in price if you like bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: