Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:02:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What If Scenario - Bitcoin capturing 1% of Western Union Transaction Fees  (Read 2143 times)
Jointops420

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 03:30:37 AM

Sometimes its hard to see anything from my lowly position in the shadows amongst the towering egos and mental giants in these forums.

the small players do have an advantage in this market

when you decide to double your coins you dont have to worry about pumping up the price as much as someone with say 2 million, even a 1/2 million dollar investment in bitcoin has to be handled with care (cant just hit buy button).

True, I dont like to much risk and rarely trade but sometimes things seem to fall together and I throw my lot in with it and most of the time come out ok.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 04:04:07 AM

I like these threads. They make me buy bitcoins.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 04:14:58 AM

yeah these discussions do get kinda boring but the one regarding WU is particularly intriguing since that is THE corporate entity most likely to get hit when Bitcoin takes off.  especially when their fees are so egregious.

as many of you know, i love to read things into charts and this 10 yr weekly chart of WU shows me a company that is struggling and has formed a flat bottomed descending triangle which should break to the downside in the next year or so.  

perhaps Bitcoin will do the honors.

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 06:06:44 AM

+1

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
TraderTimm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 05:48:18 PM

Personally I think Moneygram, Western Union, Paypal and all the other middle-men payment processors are going to get murdered when bitcoin gains further adoption around the world. I'd make a composite index of all the payment processors into an index to track them all, but I'm quite busy at the moment.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 06:21:39 PM

Personally I think Moneygram, Western Union, Paypal and all the other middle-men payment processors are going to get murdered when bitcoin gains further adoption around the world. I'd make a composite index of all the payment processors into an index to track them all, but I'm quite busy at the moment.

just short them.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 10:01:26 PM

just short them.

I would just buy bitcoins. PayPal et al will be pressured to implement new features to maintain an illusory status quo, which could in turn boost their value in the eyes of the public.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 10:05:37 PM

just short them.

I would just buy bitcoins. PayPal et al will be pressured to implement new features to maintain an illusory status quo, which could in turn boost their value in the eyes of the public.

actually i agree with this.  the mere fact that the Bitcoin market is less manipulated as a whole by Wall St makes the path much more clear; UP.

i just enjoy trying to outmaneuver Wall St. traders.
TraderTimm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 07:18:11 AM

actually i agree with this.  the mere fact that the Bitcoin market is less manipulated as a whole by Wall St makes the path much more clear; UP.

i just enjoy trying to outmaneuver Wall St. traders.

One of the major reaons I trade bitcoin. Even with people using personal bots, BTC trades like a 'real' market used to trade 10 or so years ago. Consolidations, breakouts, etc... Now, in the indexes and such, High Frequency Trading makes volatility the rule, VWAP the targeting price, etc...

I love how bitcoin trades, its 'honest' and reminds me of the futures markets before electronic trading algos 'effed up everything.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 08:11:32 AM

just short them.

Paypal could coexist very nicely with Bitcoin. All they would have to do is accept Bitcoin as one of their currencies. They could then serve as an instant payment system for Bitcoin.

cjgames.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: