Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: As Bitcoin crashes to the abyss altcoins will become independant in price  (Read 1889 times)
homo homini lupus (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:54:46 AM

alt coins are priced based on btc. say a doge is worth 60 satoshi, if btc goes really low are you saying 1 doge = 1 btc? that would be impossible because only 21 mil btc.

Of course not, doge and nearly all alts will go down at the same rate as btc. Look at the mkt caps - they follow btc with every up and down. I don't know what the future for crypto is, but right now it's looking really bad.

all that's looking bad is bitcoin - if bitcoin goes to 10$ and becomes even more volatile doge for example would be traded for fiat mainly
Bitcoin already is close to completely worthless as basecurrency. The volatilty is unbearable to trade any serious coin against.

Bitcoins' volatility affects altcoins' markets negatively. We have seen that now many times.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:56:13 AM

alt coins are priced based on btc. say a doge is worth 60 satoshi, if btc goes really low are you saying 1 doge = 1 btc? that would be impossible because only 21 mil btc.

Of course not, doge and nearly all alts will go down at the same rate as btc. Look at the mkt caps - they follow btc with every up and down. I don't know what the future for crypto is, but right now it's looking really bad.

all that's looking bad is bitcoin - if bitcoin goes to 10$ and becomes even more volatile doge for example would be traded for fiat mainly
Bitcoin already is close to completely worthless as basecurrency. The volatilty is unbearable to trade any serious coin against.

You are living in a dream world. No one will give a rats ass about doge or nearly all other alts without btc in the picture. I hate to say this but I see a crushing near future for crypto.
homo homini lupus (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:57:30 AM

You are living in a dream world. No one will give a rats ass about doge or nearly all other alts without btc in the picture.

Doge looks much less volatile than BTC to me - i  prefer trading Doge/alts to trading BTC/alts right now for example.

Anything that's less volatile than BTC will overtake BTC as basecurrency in the long run.
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:58:48 AM

You are living in a dream world. No one will give a rats ass about doge or nearly all other alts without btc in the picture.

Doge looks much less volatile than BTC to me - i  prefer trading Doge/alts to trading BTC/alts right now for example.

If btc falls to nothing doge trading will become a novelty only, with no value attached. It will consist of a few dozen nerds totally in denial.
homo homini lupus (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:59:49 AM

If btc falls to nothing doge trading will become a novelty only, with no value attached. It will consist of a few dozen nerds totally in denial.

If btc falls to nothing doge rises against BTC - and not only doge
People will go crazy for alts and dump BTC

BTC has no advantage over alts - name a fundamental advantage it has over alts.

merchant adotion: no argument- merchants adopt the less volatile coin immediately
hashrate: no argument - hashrate goes to the money
ETF: pipedream

In fact i can name a long list of disadvantages over alts it has and no fundamental advantage it has. But you guys make me tired. I regret making this topic already. You'll figure it out later ....
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:03:06 AM

If btc falls to nothing doge rises against BTC - and not only doge
People will go crazy for alts and dump BTC

The only thing that give any coin value is the hope of mass adoption. Btc is the poster child for crypto, if it fails it's over. I'm out of this thread, go on with your fantasies if you want.
homo homini lupus (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:06:43 AM

The only thing that give any coin value is the hope of mass adoption. Btc is the poster child for crypto, if it fails it's over. I'm out of this thread, go on with your fantasies if you want.

I'd disagree. What gives a coin value is its fundamentals. Value is not price. Price is determined by supply and demand.
Bitcoin is not the poster child - not at all. It's the problem-child and just the first mover, but that wears off.

I'm out too. Bitcoin die-hards are stupid people with very narrow perspective.
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:10:16 AM

"I'm out too. Just suck my balls."

Great argument. With that, I'm out for real now.
homo homini lupus (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:22:13 AM

"I'm out too. Just suck my balls."

Great argument. With that, I'm out for real now.

yes, go buy some 'cheap bitcoin'
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 06:38:24 AM

All the alts, with the possible exception of Ripple, have already crashed.
altcoin hitler

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:42:13 AM

All the alts, with the possible exception of Ripple, have already crashed.

that's why they won't crash more

there's also at least one or two coins for which it isn't true and that were holding stable all the time. These are going to be big.

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
altcoin hitler

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:45:43 AM

Bitcoin crash, litecoin rally exactly how predicted. Spot on.
Get ready for something epic. Paradigm-shift! Finally!

You can keep your tarnished Bitcoin. People demand altcoins.

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 09:24:31 AM

This topic is valid because since the October we have some interesting new players such as NuBits and NuShares in the cryptocurrency game. Turns out that both are priced in dollars and market history clearly proves it. For the first time in the history of cryptocurrencies we have coins that go up when BTC goes down. To quote mphs from Peercointalk:
Quote from: mphs
btc can go busted tomorrow and nushare is still holding the same price in usd.

Below is a comparison of BTC vs NBT & NSR charts:

NuShares have been a damn nice hedge against Bitcoin's demise for the past 3 months. What is more, thanks to NuBits I have been able to get out of BTC and into "USD" without having to use Bitstamp at all. Since 1 nubit equals 1 dollar I just buy nubits and instantly transfer them into my wallet to be safe from the exchange hacking threats. Whenever I feel bullish for BTC I just sell the nubits and instantly transfer the bitcoins to my wallet. You can essentially trade BTC/USD with the help of nubits and keep the "USD" in your wallet. Pretty awesome.

No wonder nubits has constantly been the third leading cryptocurrency by it's trading volume for the past several months:

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:53:46 PM

Alts are soaring while bitcoin sells off. I think we will face a new paradigm soon. OP was right on the money.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: