Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Bitcoin bullet Plaques  (Read 3833 times)
Essimo Naria (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:05:20 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 05:26:20 PM by Essimo Naria

I would like to sell my 3 BTC bullets that i made out of maple.

All 3 together
https://i.imgur.com/gMZKig9.jpg
Made of regular maple; $110usd worth of bitcoin plus shipping

https://i.imgur.com/vGQFeUv.jpg
Made of curly maple; $145usd worth of bitcoin plus shipping

https://i.imgur.com/6PxKc5v.jpg
Made of Birdseye maple; $125usd worth of bitcoin plus shipping

https://i.imgur.com/yK6Of73.jpg
Another shot of all 3 together

I would consider a discount if you wanted to buy all 3 of them.

I will never request payment be sent to any other address than 1Essimo1oicuqqkyCB65wWi2QmXJLMezDo so please do not ever accept any requests to send payment anywhere else.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:47:57 PM

woodcollector is that you  Huh

kinda looks hand carved  Grin
Essimo Naria (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:54:14 PM

is that a joke about that movie the bone collector or am i missing something
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:59:17 PM

nope a guy on here that sold a lot of hugely overpriced wood items (think up to $14k) claiming they were all hand carved and he was a master craftsman but turned out to be machined/lasered work that takes about 10 mins lol.

He's gone very quiet lately -

for your ref -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=933888.0
Essimo Naria (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:05:59 PM

nope a guy on here that sold a lot of hugely overpriced wood items (think up to $14k) claiming they were all hand carved and he was a master craftsman but turned out to be machined/lasered work that takes about 10 mins lol.

He's gone very quiet lately -

for your ref -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=933888.0

Oh i get it now. Nope these are painted not carved, i made the bullets on a lathe but i am not quite sure that would be considered carved.

Thanks for the link, I knew there had to be something i was missing. I'll read through it later when i have time as it appears to be quite a bit of reading.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 08:50:35 PM

Looks like some nice work you did there man, pretty cool. I would suggest listing the sizes of the pieces and/or taking a picture with something next to it for size comparison (like a BIC lighter or government fiat bill).

A piece of paper with your username and the date written on it in pictures always helps too and being willing to accept escrow (if requested) goes a long way, especially for a new user. Good Luck!

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:35:30 PM

You chose a very interesting time to create an account and sell some wood based BTC collectible items.

That's all I have to say about that.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Essimo Naria (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:47:04 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 05:09:12 PM by Essimo Naria

Looks like some nice work you did there man, pretty cool. I would suggest listing the sizes of the pieces and/or taking a picture with something next to it for size comparison (like a BIC lighter or government fiat bill).

A piece of paper with your username and the date written on it in pictures always helps too and being willing to accept escrow (if requested) goes a long way, especially for a new user. Good Luck!

Thanks for the tips.

Heres the new picture with a bic lighter.

https://i.imgur.com/btzG4zL.jpg

I am willing to accept escrow too.
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:00:47 AM

I'm not trying to insult you, but why are those worth $100+, I just don't see it.
Essimo Naria (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:17:17 AM

I'm not trying to insult you, but why are those worth $100+, I just don't see it.

They took between 10 & 12 hours to make each one. so its roughly $10 to $12 an hour for my time. barley over minimum wage in washington state. Time to laminate the boards together to make a piece big enough to make a bullet out of, time to make them round on a lathe, more time sanding,  time spent cutting the flat parts to paint  on on a band saw, Time spent putting clear coat on each of them, then time spent on the laser and painting them.

I'm not insulted, it was a perfectly valid question. 
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:29:05 AM

They took between 10 & 12 hours to make each one. so its roughly $10 to $12 an hour for my time. barley over minimum wage in washington state. Time to laminate the boards together to make a piece big enough to make a bullet out of, time to make them round on a lathe, more time sanding,  time spent cutting the flat parts to paint  on on a band saw, Time spent putting clear coat on each of them, then time spent on the laser and painting them.

Why not use 4x4s and cut out the gluing time and have a more contiguous look?
Essimo Naria (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:47:05 AM

Why not use 4x4s and cut out the gluing time and have a more contiguous look?

finding a 4x4 piece of curly maple or birds eye maple is a near impossible thing. i am not saying it does not exists but normally when you buy them they are 2x4's or 1x4's cut from the mill
Essimo Naria (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:54:38 PM

All 3 are still for sale fellas.
Kialara

Activity: 549
Merit: 788

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 05:30:54 AM

Essimo, can you share with us forum members a short paragraph about yourself and your career as a practitioner, or is it your wish to remain anonymous? Can you link a website or portfolio?
Essimo Naria (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:56:38 PM

Essimo, can you share with us forum members a short paragraph about yourself and your career as a practitioner, or is it your wish to remain anonymous? Can you link a website or portfolio?

My career? I'm a county worker. I plow roads in winter and fix potholes in the summer. I am a tinkerer. A buddy of mine introduced me to this place a week ago to look at a neat wooden sculpture and said i should make something and try and sell it here. So this is me, doing that. Cant say i am thrilled with the results thus far. but it was worth a shot.

Website / Portfolio ? Dont have anything that fancy, i tinker with things. i have a few gizmos i bought off ebay like a chepo $140 lathe and a nifty $500 little laser printer and a over priced 3d printer.

Thats really all there is to tell, i'm not that interesting of a person. No wife, no kids, got a dog, and a shed with gizmos in it.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:00:51 AM

Damn, its kind of the perfect time for even Woodcollector to create an alt account to sel his stuff.
I am sure, you will be facing a lot of speculation. Good luck .   
Essimo Naria (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:37:20 AM

Damn, its kind of the perfect time for even Woodcollector to create an alt account to sel his stuff.
I am sure, you will be facing a lot of speculation. Good luck .   

If its not round, i really can't make it. So i dont think i am much competition to him.

If i cant sell them, i'll just put them in the over flowing box of dozens of things i tinkered around and made over the years and never did anything with. I dont really think this is the type of place i would fit in much anyways. It seems to be a younger crowd of guys with backgrounds in technology here and i am the furthest thing from any of that.

Time will tell i guess.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:18:11 AM

No one suggested you being competition to him and frankly your response is quite telling.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Kialara

Activity: 549
Merit: 788

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:43:26 AM

And Essimo's photos appear to share the same ICC profile as WoodCollector's. This is quite telling as well, no?

http://metapicz.com/#landing

And I may be reaching here, but... (I enhanced the saturation to be certain this was a blue lighter, and not a black one)

markj113
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:35:46 PM

Looks like I was correct, Busted lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: