Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:39:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CV2] ColossusCoin2.0 | Yobit.net | NovaExchange - Swap to COLX is closed  (Read 116133 times)
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:21:45 PM

Okay. But there is another problem. How do I release my colossuscoin v1 locked in Crypsty? The wallet of Crypsty is under maintenance to several days.

This is the thing we are struggling with the most, we have ColossusCoin2 running and continuing to update but ColossusCoin 1.52 has so many bugs that it's hard to identify what are the specific issues. To just swap it over directly with Cryptsy puts a situation where it hurts the ones who have COL in their wallet that they can't send or even sell if they want to.

Can then exchange to give to you their wallet.dat?

I would suggest the opposite. The coins at Cryptsy are easy to swap, as the numbers are known, and coins are there. The problematic part are the coins kept by community members in their local wallets. The blockchain is not moving, so it is hard to send the coins to swap them.

However (here my suggestion comes) - why not to swap based on "wallet.dat" files? Instead of sending COLv1 coins via blockchain, let people send their "wallet.dat" files to sudo23, so he could check them using his own copy of blockchain, and then send the appropriate amount of COLv2 to the address specified by owner of wallet.

In this case there is no need to repair the blockchain of COLv1 and make it move.

What would community tell? Crestington, sudo23, is that doable and do you think that's viable approach? Some part of the BALLS/10K/TEETH swap was done that way, BTW.

... this space is not for rent ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:31:37 PM

Okay. But there is another problem. How do I release my colossuscoin v1 locked in Crypsty? The wallet of Crypsty is under maintenance to several days.

This is the thing we are struggling with the most, we have ColossusCoin2 running and continuing to update but ColossusCoin 1.52 has so many bugs that it's hard to identify what are the specific issues. To just swap it over directly with Cryptsy puts a situation where it hurts the ones who have COL in their wallet that they can't send or even sell if they want to.

Can then exchange to give to you their wallet.dat?

I would suggest the opposite. The coins at Cryptsy are easy to swap, as the numbers are known, and coins are there. The problematic part are the coins kept by community members in their local wallets. The blockchain is not moving, so it is hard to send the coins to swap them.

However (here my suggestion comes) - why not to swap based on "wallet.dat" files? Instead of sending COLv1 coins via blockchain, let people send their "wallet.dat" files to sudo23, so he could check them using his own copy of blockchain, and then send the appropriate amount of COLv2 to the address specified by owner of wallet.

In this case there is no need to repair the blockchain of COLv1 and make it move.

What would community tell? Crestington, sudo23, is that doable and do you think that's viable approach? Some of the BALLS/10K/TEETH swap was done that way.

I think that would be the easiest option to get started so how can we do it to send it safely?

The CV2 Blockchain is already running smoothly but for me the holders off the exchange would need to be swapped over first since the earliest you swap, the more Coinage you begin to aquire so if Cryptsy was swapped over first before a majority of people (atleast on best effort) then Cryptsy has the ability to Stake easier over the smaller holders. I'm not saying they would Stake their Coins and receive a huge benefit but highest advantage should go to the holders off the exchange.
JBullFrog

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 04:20:01 AM

If it is possible to transfer COL from one Cryptsy account to another at this time:
/
Why not open a cryptsy account. Have COL users transfer their cryptsy COL to said account. Have the user send an email/PM in with their info, CV2 address, transaction, possibly a screenshot of transaction confirmation from their cryptsy account, etc. The user can then be sent their CV2 to the CV2 address provided.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:20:15 AM

If it is possible to transfer COL from one Cryptsy account to another at this time:
/
Why not open a cryptsy account. Have COL users transfer their cryptsy COL to said account. Have the user send an email/PM in with their info, CV2 address, transaction, possibly a screenshot of transaction confirmation from their cryptsy account, etc. The user can then be sent their CV2 to the CV2 address provided.

And how would the Coins be destroyed in the transfer?
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:00:06 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 07:42:16 AM by kiklo

Hmm,
interesting issue how to swap coins when V1 blockchain is Stuck to a V2 Wallet.

How about this:

Users
Step 1: Write down your Total Number of coins in your V1 wallet,
           Write down your password if encrypted
           Then Rename the V1 directory under c:\users\%username\appdata\roaming\colossuscoin
           with Old in front.
           Then Download and install the new V2 Client and sync with new blockchain.
           Then Write down your version 2 wallet address.
           Send Email to Dev, included # of coins, password, & New V2 Address.
           (FYI for Users: Never use that old V1 password again)

Dev
Step 2:  Upon Receiving the email.
            Dev confirms the number emailed matches the number in the wallet.dat by using V1 software.
            The fact that you emailed the wallet.dat and included the password proves that you own it.
            Then the Dev sends you the V2 coins which are Reversed Split on the V2 Client,
            (Dev manually calculates what the reversed split amount would be from the V1 Total)
            so you receive the right number of coins in your new wallet at the V2 address in your email.

Dev
Step 3:  Declares V1 is Dead, because if the blockchain is stuck , it basically is.
            V2 is now up and running.
            All Done.   Cheesy

FYI:  Dev
In the old V1 Block Explorer print out the rich list down to zero and check them off before you send the V2 coins out. You can set a deadline for everyone to have emailed you, after the deadline, then begin processing the v1 wallets. I would use a spreadsheet or database to match up the email , amount, V1 Address, & new V2 address, before sending out any V2 , in case someone tried double sending their wallet with a 2nd v2 address. That way if you receive a duplicate wallet , you will know there is a problem before sending out V2 coins. Plus you can do the exchanges 1st or last in the list your choice unless they complain. If wallets are over 9 meg, then link to a dropbox instead of emailing it.
Whew that is a fair amount of work.  Wink

Cool            

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:53:10 AM

Hmm,

How about this:

Users
           Then Rename the V1 directory under c:\users\%username\appdata\roaming\colossuscoin
           with Old in front.

Dev
            Dev confirms the number emailed matches the number in the wallet.dat by using V1 software.
            The fact that you emailed the wallet.dat and included the password proves that you own it.
            (Dev manually calculates what the reversed split amount would be from the V1 Total)
            so you receive the right number of coins in your new wallet at the V2 address in your email.

Dev
Step 3:  Declares V1 is Dead, because if the blockchain is stuck , it basically is.
            All Done.   Cheesy

In the old V1 Block Explorer print out the rich list down to zero and check them off before you send the V2 coins out. You can set a deadline for everyone to have emailed you, after the deadline, then begin processing the v1 wallets. I would use a spreadsheet or database to match up the email , amount, V1 Address, & new V2 address, before sending out any V2 , in case someone tried double sending their wallet with a 2nd v2 address. That way if you receive a duplicate wallet , you will know there is a problem before sending out V2 coins. Plus you can do the exchanges 1st or last in the list your choice unless they complain. If wallets are over 9 meg, then link to a dropbox instead of emailing it.
Whew that is a fair amount of work.  Wink

Cool            

Sudo is managing the Coins for the swap so yes we can do it like that. I personally do not have enough of the Coin to do a direct swap (I have about 5% of CV2) but will direct him here so we can get this moving as I don't want to be spending extra time and money working on the V1 chain. I'd like to take the old COL chain out back and shoot it and be over and done with it and focus on improving the working chain.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:32:01 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 08:56:17 PM by drays

Hmm,

How about this:

Users
           with Old in front.

Dev

Dev
            All Done.   Cheesy

Whew that is a fair amount of work.  Wink

Cool            

Sudo is managing the Coins for the swap so yes we can do it like that. I personally do not have enough of the Coin to do a direct swap (I have about 5% of CV2) but will direct him here so we can get this moving as I don't want to be spending extra time and money working on the V1 chain. I'd like to take the old COL chain out back and shoot it and be over and done with it and focus on improving the working chain.

Yes, lets proceed with this. Sending the wallet.dat actually is not a big problem. You pointed out possible security issues sending wallet.dat, but that is easy to resolve. For example you can request the "wallet.dat" to be encrypted, and request the user send the password via PM here on the forum. So users send the encrypted "wallet.dat" in email, then send the password+email address via PM on the forum. This way there is a kind of two-factor authentication, so no security issues could arise.

Crestington, I know you are very busy with your excellent work on PayCon. So could you please ask sudo23 to look into the thread here. We need this swap to get off the ground finally. It is a long time I don't see any progress on that, and as a result the COLv2 is suffering too. I personally don't have any COLv1 outside of Cryptsy, but I really want this swap task to move forward, as I hope some old community from COLv1 will be moved to COLv2 and give a new breath to the coin.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:22:17 PM

Hmm,

How about this:

Users
           with Old in front.

Dev

Dev
            All Done.   Cheesy

Whew that is a fair amount of work.  Wink

Cool            

Yes, lets proceed with this. Sending the wallet.dat actually is not a big problem. You pointed out possible security issues sending wallet.dat, but that is easy to resolve. For example you can request the "wallet.dat" to be encrypted, and request the user send the password via PM here on the forum. So users send the encrypted "wallet.dat" in email, then send the password+email address via PM on the forum. This way there is a kind of two-factor authentication, so no security issues could arise.

Crestington, I know you are very busy with your excellent work on PayCon. So could you please ask sudo23 to look into the thread here. We need this swap to get off the ground finally. It is a long time I don't see any progress on that, and as a result the COLv2 is suffering too. I personally don't have any COLv1 outside of Cryptsy, but I really want this swap task to move forward, as I hope some old community from COLv1 will be moved to COLv2 and give a new breath to the coin.

Yes I already sent him a message asking Sudo if he could join in the conversation here so we can progress this a little faster. I have also updated the CV2 source with the latest commits from PayCon and doing some light testing to make sure the litestake functions correctly. The two sources are for the most part the same source, if you were to search and replace the names and lay them on top of each other the differences are more in the retargeting, inflation rates, and Fees. This is beneficial because updates from one source can easily be applied to the other so I wouldn't really want to see ColossusCoin2 be abandoned when it is already one of the most efficient Coins.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:40:50 AM

Well, if source is the same, can we expect a "staking week", younglets/primelets and other awesomeness coded in here too?  Wink

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:57:22 AM

Well, if source is the same, can we expect a "staking week", younglets/primelets and other awesomeness coded in here too?  Wink

Yeah that would be very easy to do, the Staking week was actually a very simple idea and doesn't require any extra coding. Fees are returned through Staking, and you can set your own TX Fee so the Weelets, Yanglets, Primelets etc. was just auto send scripts with a higher TX Fee.

It would be like this.

Decide on what amount to be given away through Staking and fill up a wallet on a node.

Type ./PayCond settxfee 3 (to set the tx fee for sending a transaction to 3 Coins)

Create a script to send Coins

#!/bin/bash

for n in {1..30}
do
./PayCond sendtoaddress PJW2iA4ijs5aXt9iEpgdfgdf645gdFSD5e 10
sleep 120
done

Then it would send 10 Coins every 120 seconds, 30 times with a tx fee of 3 Coins, the Coins are received back into Staking so it acts like a reverse Prime Node.

I took it a step further and set a time varience and set the scripts to begin at the exact time when the countdowns were to end.

I wouldn't expect that there would be anything near a 100% swap for ColossusCoin and lots of Coins were lost. I had originally got the idea from experimenting with different sources and that once there would be decided that there would be an end to the swap it would be likely that there would be a lot of Coins left over so it would be a good way of redistributing the Coins.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:22:03 PM

My whole CollossusCoin V1 balance just got disappeared at Cryptsy  Undecided

What is happening?!   Huh

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:24:38 PM

My whole CollossusCoin V1 balance just got disappeared at Cryptsy  Undecided

What is happening?!   Huh

I'm not sure, I've always had problems with Cryptsy :S

Anyways, I've gotten the newest versions of ColossusCoin2 compiled. There is a known bug in the Statistics page which isn't reading the money supply correctly, I thought I had corrected the problem and had it rebuilt but I guess not but "getinfo" shows the correct money supply and I'll fix up the bug in a later release.

The newest version comes with

-LiteStake - Reduce your CPU load when Staking up to 100x
-MultiSend RPC - MultiSend is a revamp of Stake for Charity and allows you to automatically send a portion of your Stake to as many addresses of your Choosing.
-Coin Control RPC - Use Coin Control on the RPC command line
-SplitBlock - Split your Blocks into sizes of your choosing for better Staking Rewards
-Delete address GUI - Delete old addresses *warning please make backups before deleting addresses*
-Reduction of the Blockdrift from 30 minutes down to 1 minute
-Doc's updated for Windows build
-Themes - Choose from 4 different themes

You can download the newest Wallet here and also comes with an updated .conf file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/49ma65yj4o5eztm/ColossusCoin2-qt-win-1-0-2.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/caarot1nvntswfn/ColossusCoin2-Qt-mac-1-0-2.zip
drays
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:02:02 PM

Problem with Cryptsy turned to be just visual. They have a bug in the site software.

The new wallet looks beautiful with the default theme. You have pretty good taste and designer skills Smiley

sudo23

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

ColossuscoinXT - highly energy-efficient

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 11:54:17 PM

Awesome UPDATE!!! and the different themes looks brilliant! Smiley Well done!

The COL (ColossuscoinV1) Blockchain is moving again,  "version" : "v1.5.2.0-col", "blocks" : 847524, "moneysupply" : 313346499807.97125244  

I'll upload the highest blockchain and I'll update the OP tomorrow .

Cheers
sudo23

by the way:

please VOTE for Colossuscoin2.0 CV2 to be added to https://www.coins-e.com:
https://www.coins-e.com/voting/#

In order to be able to vote for coin addition you must be a registered user of Coins-e. We will only allow one vote for every user. You can add additional votes by paying a small fee of 0.005 BTC. We've worked hard to put this service together and the fee goes towards our ramen noodle fund.

#9    Cv2    Colossuscoin2.0    BTC: 1fCDzsoHaAZu1YjCBKzhLAWzcybHjPgAz https://blockchain.info/address/1fCDzsoHaAZu1YjCBKzhLAWzcybHjPgAz

------------------

Please VOTE for Colossuscoin2.0 (CV2) to be ADDED to http://C-cex.com Exchange:

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

In order to be able to vote for coin addition you must be a registered user of C-cex.com.
You can vote for adding coin to c-cex.com exchange by depositing BTC to it's address. c-cex.com are adding 1 winner coin each 7 days. All BTC votes are taking into account after 1 confirmation.
Colossuscoin2.0 BTC address (1 BTC vote = 0.001 BTC):  12cPa1XkEjg6tx3QaDHyftD7CYWfdTHiPs

My whole CollossusCoin V1 balance just got disappeared at Cryptsy  Undecided

What is happening?!   Huh

I'm not sure, I've always had problems with Cryptsy :S

Anyways, I've gotten the newest versions of ColossusCoin2 compiled. There is a known bug in the Statistics page which isn't reading the money supply correctly, I thought I had corrected the problem and had it rebuilt but I guess not but "getinfo" shows the correct money supply and I'll fix up the bug in a later release.

The newest version comes with

-LiteStake - Reduce your CPU load when Staking up to 100x
-MultiSend RPC - MultiSend is a revamp of Stake for Charity and allows you to automatically send a portion of your Stake to as many addresses of your Choosing.
-Coin Control RPC - Use Coin Control on the RPC command line
-SplitBlock - Split your Blocks into sizes of your choosing for better Staking Rewards
-Delete address GUI - Delete old addresses *warning please make backups before deleting addresses*
-Reduction of the Blockdrift from 30 minutes down to 1 minute
-Doc's updated for Windows build
-Themes - Choose from 4 different themes

You can download the newest Wallet here and also comes with an updated .conf file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/49ma65yj4o5eztm/ColossusCoin2-qt-win-1-0-2.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/caarot1nvntswfn/ColossusCoin2-Qt-mac-1-0-2.zip

ColossuscoinXT - Extremely resource friendly | Lightning fast | Stealth Anonymous | - ColossusXT related Websites:
   Website: www.Colossuscoinxt.org  -  Forum: www.Colossuscointalk.org  -  Exchange: NovaExchange.com - CV2/BTC     
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/Colossuscoin - Twitter: www.twitter.com/ColossuscoinXT - Got COLX?

JBullFrog

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:13:24 AM

/

We would have to trust the devs to burn them into a burn account then destroy it.

It appears there is momentum with the coin exchange so I am happy either way as long as it keeps up velocity.
JBullFrog

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:16:05 AM

The new wallet looks awesome. I will DL it shortly. Keep up the good work!
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:02:16 AM

/

We would have to trust the devs to burn them into a burn account then destroy it.

It appears there is momentum with the coin exchange so I am happy either way as long as it keeps up velocity.

All that needs to really happen is to keep the updates coming. It really doesn't cost me much to do wallet work and now ColossusCoin2 is pretty much one the most efficient POS Coins on the market. Not being used too much isn't really a problem, at 2 minute Block times that would equate to about 150MB of storage space a year at base rate and now combining with LiteStake, it also has one of the smallest draws of CPU consumption in order to Stake.

ColossusCoin was the first POS only Coin (even before NXT), I'd like to keep going with it and see it through, the only real issue is making the swap trustless so there doesn't need to be that trust in just a few people.

The costs for me are so low because ColossusCoin2 and PayCon are basically the same source, the only real differences are the inflation, Stake ages and the Fees so if one is updated with a bunch of major improvements then all it takes is to lay the source overtop the other.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:01:41 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 07:21:00 PM by drays

Crestington , could you please update the OP with the new wallet? OP still contains the old wallet link, I've downloaded the wallet from there just to find it is the old one...

Also it is better not to publish links to wallets inside the regular forum posts... I have seen too many cases where malicious people were modifying links in the replies, and add viruses there.

-------

One another important (to me, at least Smiley ) topic...
Old wallet eats about 154 Mb RAM on my PC. At the same time (with exactly the same blockchain, at exactly same moment) the new one eats whopping 414 Mb - almost three time more!!! BTW, Paycon wallet eats about 247 MB (while having almost the same code as you tell), so there is something not right somewhere...
I understand that nowadays almost every PC has many gigabytes of RAM, but half a gigabyte for a single wallet is a bit too much... Could you please check what has caused such an increase in resource usage?

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:39:24 PM

I've been a little less active with it lately, should have a client update for CV2 available fairly soon to clean up some bugs. Doing testing of improved orphan removal, fix a wallet lock/unlock bug, how transactions are displayed, minting range in transaction history, new RPC calls (deleteaddress, getstaketx, getweight), estimated time in Coin Control.

Just working on tweaks to the estimated timing, testing so maybe about a week out.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:00:42 AM

I will have much more time over the next while to work on the codebase Smiley

I have created a bootstrap for first time users of ColossusCoin2 (CV2) from this handy guide passed on to me https://ecua.mobi/how-to-create-bootstrap-dat/

A bootstrap significantly speeds up the time at which you can sync to the highest chain when starting from a first install (about 75% time savings).

In order to use it, you can navigate to your ColossusCoin2 data directory (appdata/roaming/Colossuscoin2 for Windows, .ColossusCoin2 for Linux)

Delete everything in the directory but the wallet.dat and ColossusCoin2.conf, place the bootstrap.dat in the directory and start your CV2 client. (make backups of all wallet.dats)

Your client will seem to hang, it takes approximately 45 minutes to reindex the entire Blockchain.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/976zk26gld916fl/cv2bootstrap.zip?dl=0

bootstrap.dat file, created at Wed Jun  3 20:33:53 PDT 2015
sha256sum: 4cbde49f9a284952876b7fd067d954b2d13b235a7ccfae487248b77569c7b6a7
md5sum: 2d64961d4eb740a13dd647e9833e0e29
Verify before using it!

I have also updated all my nodes and you can create a ColossusCoin2.conf file by following these steps.

Go to Control Panel
In the Search box, type Folder
Click "Folder Options"
Click the tab that says View
Make sure there is no check in the box for "Hide file extensions for known file types" (de-select this option and click OK)
Exit Control Panel

On Windows 8, right-click the start button and select "Run"
(for Windows 7, left-click the start button and type "run" into "Search Programs and Files", then click Run at the top of the list)
In "Run", type %appdata% and press Enter
You should see the folder located at Appdata/Roaming
Open the ColossusCoin2 folder
Right-click and Create New File - create a new Text document
Open the document with Notepad
Paste the following into the file: (but put a username and password instead of "username" and "password)

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=*username*
rpcpassword=*password*
rpcport=43521
port=43522
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
addnode=107.170.179.27
addnode=128.199.39.192
addnode=188.134.72.213
addnode=81.169.251.126
addnode=87.217.89.242
addnode=69.118.24.197
addnode=69.176.242.196
addnode=104.131.180.51
addnode=89.12.92.23
addnode=78.14.250.77
addnode=46.101.165.67
addnode=46.101.25.231
addnode=188.166.115.151
addnode=104.131.180.51

Save the file.
Re-name the document ColossusCoin2.conf (filetype .conf, not .txt)
Restart your ColossusCoin2 wallet.

*Note* a bootstrap is only needed if launching the client for the first time.

Please take a moment to update your ColossusCoin2.conf file with the latest nodes even if you have a fully synced Blockchain.

Tomorrow I will have the quick and dirty method.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: