Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:57:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Toronto is world's best city: The Economist  (Read 1038 times)
(oYo) (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 01:48:49 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-montreal-best-places-to-live-economist-says-1.2937517

Is it true? IDK, but it does feel good posting something positive for a change. Positive for Torontonians that is, not so much for the people of Jakarta, Indonesia.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 02:42:55 AM

Bullshit. Almost nobody gets 'protection of life' authorizations to exercise their fundamental right to effective self-defense. Indefensible prior restraint, some animals are more equal than others, bullshit.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:09:32 AM

I grew up in Toronto. Lived there for 35 years. I loved it. It is a great place to live if you like arts culture night life...that sort of thing. Many people I know with teaching degrees move there because there are so many jobs, unlike other canadian cities. There is a lot that is good. It is safe and easy to get around.

I chased a girl out west to Vancouver one winter, and as soon as I arrived, mid-january, and stepped outside to smell the ocean and feel the warm air, I never even considered going back. When I lived in Toronto, I never even thought of the awful weather. Toronto is hot n humid all summer, and freezing with tons of snow and slush all winter. It's polluted, the air stinks. It's noisey, and people are kinda cold hearted and mean.

Toronto is ok, but the West is the Best. You can't go skiing in the morning and play golf in the afternoon in T-dot. And every time I see the mountains (every day) I say "That aint no CN tower!"

Verdict; enjoy toronto when you are young and single, retire out west.
(oYo) (OP)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 06:23:27 AM

I grew up in Toronto. Lived there for 35 years. I loved it. It is a great place to live if you like arts culture night life...that sort of thing. Many people I know with teaching degrees move there because there are so many jobs, unlike other canadian cities. There is a lot that is good. It is safe and easy to get around.

I chased a girl out west to Vancouver one winter, and as soon as I arrived, mid-january, and stepped outside to smell the ocean and feel the warm air, I never even considered going back. When I lived in Toronto, I never even thought of the awful weather. Toronto is hot n humid all summer, and freezing with tons of snow and slush all winter. It's polluted, the air stinks. It's noisey, and people are kinda cold hearted and mean.

Toronto is ok, but the West is the Best. You can't go skiing in the morning and play golf in the afternoon in T-dot. And every time I see the mountains (every day) I say "That aint no CN tower!"

Verdict; enjoy toronto when you are young and single, retire out west.

Indeed. Vancouver is awesome. I lived there for 7 years, but inevitably moved back to Toronto. It was the rain that eventually drove me nuts. Non-stop rain in the months of November and March was depressing as hell and just proved too much for me to handle. In the months of December and April when the sun finally did show its face, I was like, "What's that bright yellow thing in sky?" Well, plus my family lives here. Other than that, I miss beautiful B.C.

rosh

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:44:18 AM

Jakarta is the most dangerous.
That sounds very believable.  Smiley
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:12:15 AM

Jakarta? I thought cities like Rio or Johannesburg are more dangerous
What metrics do they use to track violence?

Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:15:58 AM

And da abudhabi is the best city is too Smiley
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:26:04 AM

It is not entirely true. Norway and Sweden, according to Gini coefficient and HDMI are the best countries. Oslo and Stockholm are the best cities.
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:37:01 AM

Of course, Toronto is one of the best city in the world.
It's climate, location, diversity, security and many other virtues are favorable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: