Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald’s might start accepting Bitcoin soon  (Read 7468 times)
Addition

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:56:56 AM

McDonald's have always had a history of marketing towards children for sustainable growth.

Crypto blockchain technology is future so I'm sure it's on their radar, as by rationale, to tomorrows adults blockchain tech will be standard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
A.F.K

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:08:42 AM

Is this not similar to house Subway began accepting Bitcoin; namey via franchisees? If I am not mistaken McDonalds could move in the same direction.
thriftshopping

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:14:41 AM

McDonald's have always had a history of marketing towards children for sustainable growth.

Crypto blockchain technology is future so I'm sure it's on their radar, as by rationale, to tomorrows adults blockchain tech will be standard.
I would say they have more of a history of marketing towards the masses. Their offering 'happy meals' is/was a way for them to get families to purchase multiple meals with their children.

Unfortunately bitcoin is not quite used by the masses 
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 04:28:10 AM

McDonalds will not be accepting BitCoin anytime soon. You'll be hearing about it tomorrow. They will be accepting apple pay, google wallet and something called soft card.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:00:07 AM

There is not really reason to wait for a confirmation when there i a small amount of payment especially when this happen with a mobile phone.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:07:43 AM

McDonalds will not be accepting BitCoin anytime soon. You'll be hearing about it tomorrow. They will be accepting apple pay, google wallet and something called soft card.

Give the mainstream time. I'm not sure if it would even be a good idea something like McDonalds started accepting bitcoin right now. They would likely get next to zero sales and probably only think there's no demad for it and end up removing the option.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:16:17 AM

Give the mainstream time. I'm not sure if it would even be a good idea something like McDonalds started accepting bitcoin right now. They would likely get next to zero sales and probably only think there's no demad for it and end up removing the option.

They would likely get next to zero sales

Why would that be ?

Honeybooboo

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:27:02 PM

Why would that be ?

Why do you think? How many bitcoin users are there? Not many. How many will go to mcdonalds. A tiny fraction of a percent. How many Mcdonalds restraunts are there? Gazillions. If they did accept bitcoin I'd bet most stores would likely never even get a paying customer.
galdur

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:35:30 PM

Why would that be ?

Why do you think? How many bitcoin users are there? Not many. How many will go to mcdonalds. A tiny fraction of a percent. How many Mcdonalds restraunts are there? Gazillions. If they did accept bitcoin I'd bet most stores would likely never even get a paying customer.

Since you know so much for a fact; please tell me

how many tiny fractions do you get when you divide a gadzillion by not many ?

Honeybooboo

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:50:24 PM

Why would that be ?

Since you know so much for a fact; please tell me

how many tiny fractions do you get when you divide a gadzillion by not many ?

I never said it was a fact just offered my opinion, but to answer your question you get next to zero, so that's why it's largely pointless.
galdur

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:58:33 PM

So, since next to nobody uses bitcoin now - in your opinion - then looking forward say a year do you figure a little more than next to nobody will be using it then ... fewer ... nobody at all ?

Do you think executives of big corporations typically try to plan ahead, be ahead of the curve if you will ?

juraj1301

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 01:04:36 PM

i hope so...it will make life easier because if we dont have money in pocket,we just use bitcoin Cheesy
Honeybooboo

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:06:12 PM

So, since next to nobody uses bitcoin now - in your opinion - then looking forward say a year do you figure a little more than next to nobody will be using it then ... fewer ... nobody at all ?

Do you think executives of big corporations typically try to plan ahead, be ahead of the curve if you will ?

People use bitcoin, just not the amount of people worthwhile for McDonalds to realistically roll it out worldwide, and if they do they'll probably just come to the conclusion that its not worth the hassle then get rid of it, which will be bad news for bitcoin. And if the execs were that forward thinking and ahead of the curve then why haven't they and every other corporation on earth started accepting it yet?
galdur

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:10:26 PM

People use bitcoin, just not the amount of people worthwhile for McDonalds to realistically roll it out worldwide, and if they do they'll probably just come to the conclusion that its not worth the hassle then get rid of it, which will be bad news for bitcoin.
And if the execs were that forward thinking and ahead of the curve then why haven't they and every other corporation on earth started accepting it yet?

People use bitcoin, just not the amount of people worthwhile for McDonalds to realistically roll it out worldwide

And if the execs were that forward thinking and ahead of the curve then why haven't they and every other corporation on earth started accepting it yet?

This moron has all the answers and knows what´s worthwhile for MCD, why is he asking me ?

On ignore. Totally contentless. Waste of time. Bye.

Honeybooboo

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:16:22 PM

People use bitcoin, just not the amount of people worthwhile for McDonalds to realistically roll it out worldwide, and if they do they'll probably just come to the conclusion that its not worth the hassle then get rid of it, which will be bad news for bitcoin.

People use bitcoin, just not the amount of people worthwhile for McDonalds to realistically roll it out worldwide

This moron has all the answers and knows what´s worthwhile for MCD, why is he asking me ?

On ignore. Totally contentless. Waste of time. Bye.

You are (trying) to make the point that McDonalds execs are likely so ahead of the curve, so I'm asking if that's the case why haven't they already done so, so I'm backing up my original point whilst refuting yours, so clearly you are the moron who cannot comprehend this and choose to ignore and run away from your opinions you cannot back up. The ignore button is for cowards, so well done.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

That was very good news, I still have faith that bitcoin

Just keep spreading the world and every fast food restaurant will implement bitcoin as the valid payment currency

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
KimNam

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:59:17 PM

if they accept bitcoin as payment method, that would be good news
because McD have a lot merchants around the world and one of biggest name in fast food industry Cheesy
maybe this can increasing number of people adopting and using bitcoin as daily payment
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:55:26 PM

Why would that be ?

That's true. Not a Gazillion, only 35,000 or so. And like I said, I work there and they have been accepting NFC payments about 2 years BEFORE Apple pay, but not many people pay with their phones, especially in drive through because the customer has to give me their phone to do the transaction because the NFC reader can't reach a retarded driver that can't pull up close enough to reach the reader with their phone. Will you give me your phone when you have to make a BitCoin transaction? Probably not!

Only what Apple does is cool, that's the society we live in.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 06:04:45 PM

if this Happens Bitcoin Will Rise Over 10,00$$ i think Grin

Bitcoin is already valued at greater than $10.00

galdur

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:12:36 PM

Why would that be ?

That's true. Not a Gazillion, only 35,000 or so. And like I said, I work there and they have been accepting NFC payments about 2 years BEFORE Apple pay, but not many people pay with their phones, especially in drive through because the customer has to give me their phone to do the transaction because the NFC reader can't reach a retarded driver that can't pull up close enough to reach the reader with their phone. Will you give me your phone when you have to make a BitCoin transaction? Probably not!

Only what Apple does is cool, that's the society we live in.

35,000 people are using bitcoin ? You can´t be serious.  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: