Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:45:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald’s might start accepting Bitcoin soon  (Read 7468 times)
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 05:50:18 AM

If they do it will be yet another place where Bitcoin can be spent to further reduce the price. I don't why this news excites holders.
You mean it would be better for Bitcoin if nobody actually uses it?  Undecided

Get a grip. Bitcoin will only rise if it's being put to use, not if people are just sitting on it and waiting passively for something magical to happen. Then again, whenever you spend bitcoins, make sure to buy back on the market or exchange. That's how you spend bitcoins and avoid price reduction (from merchants dumping bitcoins) at the same time.

Why would an ordinary customer do that? Bitcoin offers no advantage over traditional payment. More merchants mean casual holders only get a chance to cash out.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Towlie

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:05:51 AM

If they do it will be yet another place where Bitcoin can be spent to further reduce the price. I don't why this news excites holders.

Get a grip. Bitcoin will only rise if it's being put to use, not if people are just sitting on it and waiting passively for something magical to happen. Then again, whenever you spend bitcoins, make sure to buy back on the market or exchange. That's how you spend bitcoins and avoid price reduction (from merchants dumping bitcoins) at the same time.

Why would an ordinary customer do that? Bitcoin offers no advantage over traditional payment. More merchants mean casual holders only get a chance to cash out.

Buying back bitcoins is a good way for enthusiasts to keep the coins flowing but even if merchants just sell them straight on using a payment processor someone is still buying them so the money is still flowing in and out of bitcoin.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:11:06 AM

Buying back bitcoins is a good way for enthusiasts to keep the coins flowing but even if merchants just sell them straight on using a payment processor someone is still buying them so the money is still flowing in and out of bitcoin.

Someone is buying them but the demand is lower and lower. Thats one of the reasons you see price moving only one way.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:50:39 AM

Someone is buying them but the demand is lower and lower. Thats one of the reasons you see price moving only one way.
Agreed that the demand is getting lower and lower..but if McD starts accepting BTC.. the demand will grow.. and other brands will soon start accepting BTC..which will only do good for BTC.
callBit

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:16:08 AM

So disappointed...it was not btc Sad
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 07:21:22 AM

if this Happens Bitcoin Will Rise Over 10,00$$ i think Grin
Why makes you think the price will rise so much if McDonald's starts to accepting bitcoin, McDonald's would just have to dump all those coins daily to pay suppliers or employees.
Now if they start to pay their employees in BTC and their suppliers accept BTC they would have no reason to dump and yes the price would probably rise, but not to 10k a coin, that's wishful thinking at this early stage.

McDonald`s

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:15:03 PM

dont worry we will be adding btc next year
mercistheman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:26:36 PM

I'll have a double BTC burger please... hold the lettuce
MEPHuk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:10:24 AM

Dammit, i want my BTCig Mac or to buy at BTCurger at BTCurger King :p

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:15:48 AM

so what mcdonald accepted after all?
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:08:36 PM

apple pay or something like that.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
malykii

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:34:19 PM

I would eat a crappy chicken sandwich sand fries from them to support this if it happens.  I know people say this drives the market down, but long term this is turning into a legit alternative currency option.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:36:55 PM

I would eat a crappy chicken sandwich sand fries from them to support this if it happens.  I know people say this drives the market down, but long term this is turning into a legit alternative currency option.

I promise to go up to my local mcdonalds and eat some of their fries, this is probably the only thing that wont kill you?
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 02:42:26 PM

This would be pretty freaking cool if it did happen.

I can see it now. Me and my buddies are chonged as hell. Broke as hell but we got some BTC. We are munched out for some food. So we go to McDonalds and buy our munchies with Bitcoin. Then we all chuckle in disbelief that our Magic Internet Monies bought us hardcore munchies. Sweeeet.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:39:06 AM

apple pay or something like that.

if they did an exclusive  deal with apple-pay or some other crypto  i will not eat their shit again
not that its worth eating anyway ,but we all make stupid choices sometimes Cheesy
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:42:23 AM

Would eat some crappy potatoe fires from them too if they had accepted Bitcoin.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:09:47 AM

Would eat some crappy potatoe fires from them too if they had accepted Bitcoin.

i think they should jump on it ,think of the userbase and its all profit from a new community of food eaters
people on localbitcoins would meet in mcdonalds to do trades etc and likely have buy food or drinks there

if burgerking or KFC does it first it will just make them look silly adding it 6 months later ,mcdonalds should be the leader of the pack and then the rest will follow
mitus-2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:50:32 AM

considering that McDonald's credit cards payment's processing is the fastest in the world, no one would prefer BTC over cards.
the name speaks for itself...it's FAST food
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:52:17 AM

considering that McDonald's credit cards payment's processing is the fastest in the world, no one would prefer BTC over cards.
the name speaks for itself...it's FAST food

its not always fast ......ive had to wait 3 minutes sometimes when theyre run out of bigmacs or fries Sad
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 08:53:33 AM

Or it allows people to go from casual holders to active Bitcoin currency users.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: