Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:35:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anarchists discussing bitcoin with regulators in NH , USA  (Read 730 times)
inBitweTrust (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:27:04 AM

Some of these videos made me laugh, cringe and cry with both of the regulators/legislators and anarchists comments.

Ian Freeman did the best job -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MGUjTJ2P0

The rest of the presentations were a bit emotional and erratic for my taste:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prDMV8t9Mis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEMuWKPAedU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SexG1AZZSSU

I have mixed feelings about talking to regulators and can empathize with arguments on both sides of the debate on whether or not these outreach attempts are productive. Regardless, all were entertaining and worth a watch.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 02:32:41 AM

Anarchists lobbying? That doesn't make any sense, any Anarchist would know that regulators aren't interested in limiting their reach as much as possible, Amir Taaki and Cody Wilson are working on proper solutions for this that don't require them.
inBitweTrust (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:42:57 AM

Anarchists lobbying? That doesn't make any sense, any Anarchist would know that regulators aren't interested in limiting their reach as much as possible, Amir Taaki and Cody Wilson are working on proper solutions for this that don't require them.

A lot of the freestaters in NH have taken a shotgun gun approach to their myriad of different  tactics. I don't necessarily agree with this approach but than again can see some use educating legislators/regulators and the people who watch the video as well about bitcoin or anarchist principles.

Additionally,many forms of anarchists like myself aren't against government and peaceful discussion of rules and regulations , but against the state or violent and coercive means at enforcing laws.

Your point is still ultimately valid and I do agree that projects like the Dark Wallet and Open Bazzaar are far more fruitful in what they will accomplish... but hey, not everyone is a developer either.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:45:49 AM

Im from liberty, but we have to be realistic, anarchocapitalism is delusional in practice and Bitcoin will never be big with some regulations at least at exchange level (thats why stuff like Gemini is good for bitcoin, regulated centralized exchanges are needed)
inBitweTrust (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 03:29:50 AM

Im from liberty, but we have to be realistic, anarchocapitalism is delusional in practice and Bitcoin will never be big with some regulations at least at exchange level (thats why stuff like Gemini is good for bitcoin, regulated centralized exchanges are needed)

Every republic in history has ended in failure with many on the brink of failure at the moment. Whether you realize it or not most humans follow the principles of anarchism within their family and social life, most of the time. The one exception in the US is how prevalent you guys beat your children which is definitely breaking the NAP and probably contributing to why many are so servile to authority figures.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 04:41:03 AM

When's the last time you beat your wife?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: