Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STRONG BUY  (Read 3260 times)
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 10:52:51 PM

Permabull logic:

Longs on bitfinex have been staying at more than $15 million for AGES (since when price was at $500-600 or more).
They have been taking ridiculous beatings but still manage to be at $15 millions now.
Shorts have been right since forever since we have been crashing for months, they are around $4.4 million now and they should all panic close because of little bounces creating a panic squeeze that is supposed to turn into the start of the next bubble or some shit.

Perhaps you need to consider the possibility that the USD Swaps includes LTC as well.   Roll Eyes.  For someone who thinks they have all the answers you certainly don't seem to really think your assumptions and conclusions through.

And what is this "crashing for months"?  Might want to review your understanding of the word crash.
Considering how much money is on LTC swaps, yeah I can only imagine how many millions out of those $15 millions are dedicated to LTC. Like, who wouldn't have kept a long position on LTC since like july or something?
LTC price price dropped from more than $11 to $1 since longs have been at more than $15-20 millions. Whoever would have been so foolish to keep a long position in LTC that long would have been 100% margin called.

And what is this "crashing for months"?  Might want to review your understanding of the word crash.
So this doesn't look like a crash to you?

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:11:15 PM

Considering how much money is on LTC swaps, yeah I can only imagine how many millions out of those $15 millions are dedicated to LTC. Like, who wouldn't have kept a long position on LTC since like july or something?
LTC price price dropped from more than $11 to $1 since longs have been at more than $15-20 millions. Whoever would have been so foolish to keep a long position in LTC that long would have been 100% margin called.

And they only dropped to like 10MM when BTC sank to $160, so why wouldn't it have all been margin called down to near zero?  Your argument is that we should ignore the BTC shorts (which we know for a fact are BTC) because there are some 15MM in longs when we don't even know how much of that is actually against BTC.  You then claim that LTC longs would have been liquidated going $11 -> $1, yet make no account for the fact that longs only went to $10MM going from $600 -> $160.

It'd be nice if you stopped pretending the "bulltard" logic was complete fallacy but somehow your broken logic based on wild assumption is the real truth.

So this doesn't look like a crash to you?

No, below on 16.10.1987 is a crash.  Post that date is post crash.  Saying BTC has been "Crashing for months" is illogical.

NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 11:20:34 PM

And they only dropped to like 10MM when BTC sank to $160, so why wouldn't it have all been margin called down to near zero?  Your argument is that we should ignore the BTC shorts (which we know for a fact are BTC) because there are some 15MM in longs when we don't even know how much of that is actually against BTC.  You then claim that LTC longs would have been liquidated going $11 -> $1, yet make no account for the fact that longs only went to $10MM going from $600 -> $160.
-I didn't say we should ignore shorts. I said that in the current numbers they do not influence the price as much as inca is trying to show, at least not in the larger picture. Especially considering that longs are a lot more (and he is ignoring them while always talking about the shorts).
-I said that I seriously doubt any significant portion of those USD swaps are used for LTC, considering how much little money is on the LTC swaps.

Simple as that.

No, below on 16.10.1987 is a crash.  Post that date is post crash.  Saying BTC has been "Crashing for months" is illogical.

*pic*
I never thought I would read that.
If the chart I posted is not "crashing for months and months" I don't know what to say to you.
Is "severe and ridiculously scary downtrend" better to you? Is this what we are doing? Discussing about definitions of what "crashing" means?

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:28:56 PM

I don't ignore the long interest. It is half what it was earlier in 2014 and near the lowest levels for nearly a year.

Whereas short interest is highly correlated with the price and in a much higher range.

You ignore that coin supply is limited, regardless of the price per coin. There are only so many coins available for btc swap. You haven't been around long enough to see a bullish move in btc yet..
NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 11:38:09 PM

I don't ignore the long interest. It is half what it was earlier in 2014 and near the lowest levels for nearly a year.

Whereas short interest is highly correlated with the price and in a much higher range.

You ignore that coin supply is limited, regardless of the price per coin.  You haven't been around long enough to see a bullish move in btc yet..
You don't know how much I have been around. I know a little thing or two about BTC and BTC trading, in case you were wondering, I didn't enter this game the same date (8 january 2015) of the creation of an account with the word "trollin" in it.
This doesn't mean that I am here to post mindless trolling with this account (aside from a few pics and gifs for fun that is  Smiley). I am here to post my opinions on bitcoin backed by concrete arguments and anybody is welcome to question them and discuss about them  Smiley

I am perfectly aware of bitcoin price history and a lot of my threads are exactly about them  Smiley

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:43:28 PM

You ignore that coin supply is limited, regardless of the price per coin.  You haven't been around long enough to see a bullish move in btc yet..
You don't know how much I have been around. I know a little thing or two about BTC and BTC trading, in case you were wondering, I didn't enter this game the same date (8 january 2015) of the creation of an account with the word "trollin" in it.
This doesn't mean that I am here to post mindless trolling with this account (aside from a few pics and gifs for fun that is  Smiley). I am here to post my opinions on bitcoin backed by concrete arguments and anybody is welcome to question them and discuss about them  Smiley

I am perfectly aware of bitcoin price history and a lot of my threads are exactly about them  Smiley

Well use your original account then instead of hiding behind a cowardly troll sock puppet alt.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:45:45 PM

-I didn't say we should ignore shorts. I said that in the current numbers they do not influence the price as much as inca is trying to show, at least not in the larger picture. Especially considering that longs are a lot more (and he is ignoring them while always talking about the shorts).

I paraphrased.  And again with your busted ass logic.  You don't know the ratio comprising the outstanding USD swaps so you cannot know how influential one or the other is.  You're sitting there making fun of bulltards for making assumptions and then back that up with your own assumptions as if somehow yours are better than theirs.

-I said that I seriously doubt any significant portion of those USD swaps are used for LTC, considering how much little money is on the LTC swaps.

So your assumptions and doubts overrule the assumptions and doubts of others.  Got it.

I never thought I would read that.
And I never thought someone who's so dedicated to trolling that they created a named account for it would be so terrible at it.

If the chart I posted is not "crashing for months and months" I don't know what to say to you.
Is "severe and ridiculously scary downtrend" better to you? Is this what we are doing? Discussing about definitions of what "crashing" means?

No, it's not. Further, selectively sizing/croping a picture in attempt to bolster your argument is a pretty amateur way to try and validate your statement.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:47:14 PM

Well use your original account then instead of hiding behind a cowardly troll sock puppet alt.

+1
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:48:49 PM

traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:20:16 AM

Full name and address please, or else you're a coward.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:35:29 PM

+1

YOO HOO, DROPT!!!

IT's ONLY ME:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914671.msg10043922#msg10043922

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: