Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guesses on when we'll break $10  (Read 7932 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 12:19:01 PM

Ask Pirate.

This.  Pirate = the bitcoin price.

Rubbish, of course. If Pirate = price then price would be exactly where you have (unsuccessfully) been predicting it's going to be.

Pirate, or someone, is trying desperately to control the price... but isn't.

This is what I looks like to me. When it hits 9 there is a COMEX style smackdown but underlying pressure is there to bring it back up again.

exactly, like gold/silver on comex. good analogy. except the bitcoin world is a lot faster and also mtgox is not paper-bitcoin, meaning pirate might run out of treasure to sell.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 10:22:41 PM

Probably pretty soon.  Like 2 days.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 10:32:47 PM

Monday or Tuesday.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 11:26:13 PM

13 days. My magic crystal ball prediction.

Regardless, I don't really care. I want price stability more than an extra dollar-value on all my coins... Tongue

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 11:26:19 PM

Within 3 days it's very likely that we'll break $10. It's a major psychological barrier and the market is very bullish. The bulls are eager to crush $10. (Almost) everyone wants to see this happen, simply because it's epic.

I also think that Bitcoin could possibly take it without crashing back to single digits. We might overshoot, we might overshoot big time actually, but breaking $10 is not too much yet. It's destined to happen and the more people realize that, the sooner it will be broken.

Honestly I feel that we're currently in a bear trap. At $10++ it might switch to a bull trap eventually but right now I strongly feel we're in a bear trap.

Hold on to your seats guys.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 11:38:46 PM

Coming soon:

(BFL)^2 < 0
Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 12:14:54 AM

I want price stability more than an extra dollar-value on all my coins... Tongue

I think the coins have to be worth a lot more to achieve any long term stability. If marginally "rich" folks can move the price more than a few cents with a small fraction of their money, well... stability is a pipe dream.
That much is true. I just feel jumping up too quickly is not going to result in good things for anyone...
A lot of sentiment I see looks too blindly bullish. Which scares me a little. That's about it.

The show must go on!

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 12:28:27 AM

Re: Guesses on when we'll break $10

Just as soon as a few more deposits clear for me  Kiss

p.s. might not make it in over the weekend..

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 12:53:24 AM

Have'n a beer watching the game  Smiley

10$ will either appear next week, or in 4 months

I think its very likely we will be seeing a short term down trend from here. much like 7.20 to 5, this time the 9.50 high will stabilize at 7$ 8$

but in the long term and mid term  bitcoin is defiantly going for a never ending bull run.

Its not unreasonable to think an EXTREME price correction on the up side will happen in the next few years, it really wouldn't take much to set off the bomb that is bitcoin

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 03:42:37 AM

I think its very likely we will be seeing a short term down trend from here. much like 7.20 to 5, this time the 9.50 high will stabilize at 7$ 8$

but in the long term and mid term  bitcoin is defiantly going for a never ending bull run.

Its not unreasonable to think an EXTREME price correction on the up side will happen in the next few years, it really wouldn't take much to set off the bomb that is bitcoin

For consistency a correction like from 7.2 to 5 would be either 6.6 for a relative calculation or 7.3 for absolute. My bet is on 6.6 Wink
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 03:47:39 AM

For consistency a correction like from 7.2 to 5 would be either 6.6 for a relative calculation or 7.3 for absolute.

Actually, using the start and end of the rally and a relative calculation:

10^(((log(5)-log(2))/(log(7.22)-log(2)))*(log(9.7)-log(5)) + log(5)) = 8.02
10^(((log(3.87)-log(2))/(log(7.22)-log(2)))*(log(9.7)-log(5)) + log(5)) = 7.03

If things go the same way, we will sustain a crash to 7 but stabilize at 8.  That is if 9.7 is the high for this rally, which I very much doubt!

(BFL)^2 < 0
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 03:51:57 AM

cool you actually came up with a formula to match adams prediction  Grin
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 04:20:14 AM

For consistency a correction like from 7.2 to 5 would be either 6.6 for a relative calculation or 7.3 for absolute.

Actually, using the start and end of the rally and a relative calculation:

10^(((log(5)-log(2))/(log(7.22)-log(2)))*(log(9.7)-log(5)) + log(5)) = 8.02
10^(((log(3.87)-log(2))/(log(7.22)-log(2)))*(log(9.7)-log(5)) + log(5)) = 7.03

If things go the same way, we will sustain a crash to 7 but stabilize at 8.  That is if 9.7 is the high for this rally, which I very much doubt!

thats the big question

is the rally over!?

If the rally is over, then we can expect to slowly make our way to a stable 8

but with pirate40 and so many other variable in play who the hell knows.

We could wake up Monday morning to find the 15$ mark was demolished. Pirate40 Totally out of coins, Dreaming it ill go back down. A Strong up-ward force Shooting bitcoin AS high as it can go looking for a "top", add to that headlines reading "Bitcoin's second bubble" and someone asks "what the hell is bitcoin, is it a scam?".

what is the "top" on that shit, at what price will you sell out?

fuck man I will NEVER sell out, not at 5$ not at 5000$.

we are sitting on a time bomb, it could go off today, it could go off 10 years from now, but its fucking ticking that's for sure

beckspace

Activity: 931

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 04:27:49 AM

That's my exit strategy, man!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 04:38:28 AM

That's my exit strategy, man!

what your going to sell high? you sell high, I'll buy low

"exit strategy" what a dummy

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 05:00:16 AM

That is something someone who doesn't understand how markets work would say.

Bitcoin long-term is bullish, but to say it will be "never ending" is just silly.

Money will flow in to bitcoin and out of bitcoin.....rinse repeat....at what rate this happens is anyone's guess.

I still believe the recent ~50% run up in price since 2 months ago is all speculation.

I mean how many more merchants accept bitcoin from then until now? What like 20?

Bitcoin is still in its infancy. More of a steady rise in price over long-term is healthier for the bitcoin economy.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 05:24:51 AM

Bitcoin long-term is bullish, but to say it will be "never ending" is just silly.

Money will flow in to bitcoin and out of bitcoin.....rinse repeat....at what rate this happens is anyone's guess.

I still believe the recent ~50% run up in price since 2 months ago is all speculation.

I mean how many more merchants accept bitcoin from then until now? What like 20?

Bitcoin is still in its infancy. More of a steady rise in price over long-term is healthier for the bitcoin economy.

look go to Google
type in "never ending bull run"
click images
the very first image is me cheering

i am not kidding, do it

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 05:49:19 AM

look go to Google
click images

i am not kidding, do it

I'm sorry can't do it mate. I've already done the research on how markets work. There is no "never ending bull" market. That's like saying the price can only go up. Even in hyperinflation the bull run ends. DUhhh

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 06:08:39 AM

look go to Google
click images

i am not kidding, do it

I'm sorry can't do it mate. I've already done the research on how markets work. There is no "never ending bull" market. That's like saying the price can only go up. Even in hyperinflation the bull run ends. DUhhh

hehe

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 06:13:16 AM

look go to Google
click images

i am not kidding, do it

Never ending bull run

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: