Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:17:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guesses on when we'll break $10  (Read 7932 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 06:15:00 AM

Have'n a beer watching the game  Smiley

10$ will either appear next week, or in 4 months

I think its very likely we will be seeing a short term down trend from here. much like 7.20 to 5, this time the 9.50 high will stabilize at 7$ 8$

but in the long term and mid term  bitcoin is defiantly going for a never ending bull run.

Its not unreasonable to think an EXTREME price correction on the up side will happen in the next few years, it really wouldn't take much to set off the bomb that is bitcoin

That is something someone who doesn't understand how markets work would say.

Bitcoin long-term is bullish, but to say it will be "never ending" is just silly.

Money will flow in to bitcoin and out of bitcoin.....rinse repeat....at what rate this happens is anyone's guess.

I still believe the recent ~50% run up in price since 2 months ago is all speculation.

I mean how many more merchants accept bitcoin from then until now? What like 20?

Bitcoin is still in its infancy. More of a steady rise in price over long-term is healthier for the bitcoin economy.

look go to Google
type in "never ending bull run"
click images
the very first image is me cheering

i am not kidding, do it

I'm sorry can't do it mate. I've already done the research on how markets work. There is no "never ending bull" market. That's like saying the price can only go up. Even in hyperinflation the bull run ends. DUhhh
Never ending bull run

I'm sorry I wont wake you up from your crazy never ending bull market wet dream lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 06:15:54 AM

I think its very likely we will be seeing a short term down trend from here. much like 7.20 to 5, this time the 9.50 high will stabilize at 7$ 8$

but in the long term and mid term  bitcoin is defiantly going for a never ending bull run.

Its not unreasonable to think an EXTREME price correction on the up side will happen in the next few years, it really wouldn't take much to set off the bomb that is bitcoin

Bitcoin long-term is bullish, but to say it will be "never ending" is just silly.

Money will flow in to bitcoin and out of bitcoin.....rinse repeat....at what rate this happens is anyone's guess.

I still believe the recent ~50% run up in price since 2 months ago is all speculation.

I mean how many more merchants accept bitcoin from then until now? What like 20?

Bitcoin is still in its infancy. More of a steady rise in price over long-term is healthier for the bitcoin economy.

look go to Google
click images

i am not kidding, do it

I'm sorry can't do it mate. I've already done the research on how markets work. There is no "never ending bull" market. That's like saying the price can only go up. Even in hyperinflation the bull run ends. DUhhh
Never ending bull run

I'm sorry I wont wake you up from your crazy never ending bull market wet dream lol
AHHH HAHAHAHHAHAHA!
 Cheesy

bitcoinplaza

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 07:56:27 AM

Third time's the charm?  Perhaps after recovering from this dump (which is not impossible, given that we recovered from the dump from 9.5 to 7.3) we will finally break $10.

What do you think?  This month, or is 9.49 the 2012 high?

my prediction : $10 value will be reached and exceeded on 3 August 2012 at 15.45 GMT

bitcoinplaza

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 09:58:12 AM

Third time's the charm?  Perhaps after recovering from this dump (which is not impossible, given that we recovered from the dump from 9.5 to 7.3) we will finally break $10.

What do you think?  This month, or is 9.49 the 2012 high?

my prediction : $10 value will be reached and exceeded on 3 August 2012 at 15.45 GMT

I was wrong ! Wink

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 11:05:17 AM

look go to Google
click images

i am not kidding, do it

Spoken like someone who truly doesn't understand hyperinflation.  Smiley
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 01:26:59 PM

look go to Google
click images

i am not kidding, do it

Spoken like someone who truly doesn't understand hyperinflation.  Smiley

We have staginflation not hyperinflation. Hyperinflation is often used as a metaphor by libertarians to bitch about the current system but strictly speaking hyperinflation is a brief phenomena when it really occurs because people do get sick of it.  
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 02:06:43 PM

Um, yesterday! It will hit $10 yesterday.   I really want to win this car. Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 03:02:07 PM

We have staginflation not hyperinflation. Hyperinflation is often used as a metaphor by libertarians to bitch about the current system but strictly speaking hyperinflation is a brief phenomena when it really occurs because people do get sick of it.  

Short short, go tell it to the germans, it lasted 4 years Sad

But you're right we're not in an hyperinflation system. Not yet at least
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:20:56 PM

The suspense is killing me ......have we hit $10 already ?  Grin

Bitrated user: Mick.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:08:14 PM

This was only less than 1.5 years ago.

Bitcoin moves fast!  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

zuerdemon

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:11:23 PM

Yes, funny, now we have will Bitcoin hit $1000 threads. In another 2 years it might be funny as well
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:20:22 PM

Please bury this topic, I don't even want to see it.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:29:33 PM

Yes, funny, now we have will Bitcoin hit $1000 threads. In another 2 years it might be funny as well

Since the thread started, Bitcoin increased in value 37 times over and its still very much at the geeks and early adopters stage.  In 2 years it would be surprising if Bitcoin was worth less than $10000 and that assumes that it still is at early adopter stage.  Even if only one small country in the world adopts it, Bitcoin will shoot over $100,000 per coin.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:31:19 PM

The suspense is killing me ......have we hit $10 already ?  Grin

epic resurrection of thread! you got the resurrecta-fu!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:35:17 PM

The suspense is killing me ......have we hit $10 already ?  Grin

no, it's just a wet dream. in a dream. and when we wake up it's $4.20 again and I'm able to buy all the bitcoins which I ever wanted to buy.

the inception scheme.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:53:59 PM

Since the thread started, Bitcoin increased in value 37 times over and its still very much at the geeks and early adopters stage.  In 2 years it would be surprising if Bitcoin was worth less than $10000 and that assumes that it still is at early adopter stage.  Even if only one small country in the world adopts it, Bitcoin will shoot over $100,000 per coin.

How do you justify that last statement when Bitcoin is already more valuable than the base money supply for most small countries?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:12:10 PM

Memories...

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:34:54 PM

Obligatory:

via Imgflip Meme Maker
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:49:53 PM

One big negative story from the media and we will again be seeing bitcoins selling below $100

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:10:47 PM

How do you justify that last statement when Bitcoin is already more valuable than the base money supply for most small countries?

Well, it's probably more apt to compare bitcoin to M2, not M0. It won't support the same leverage ratios as fiat, so it'll just deflate (gain purchasing power) instead.

But that said, I think getting into 5-digit territory will be MUCH more difficult and take MUCH longer than getting from 3-digits to 4. People have to realize that at a "market-cap" in the $30B range (ie, ~$2500/BTC), it's still just a toy in terms of global relevance.....just like today. All but small countries' M2 is considerably higher, still valued less than hundreds of corps and dozens of individuals, etc. But scale one more order of magnitude into $200B territory, and things change. That would put it in the M2 ballpark of significant nations, and the "market-cap" would be similar to that of the world's most valuable companies. Quite a different story.

TL;DR: Bitcoin can easily scale another order of magnitude on the dynamics that have brought it to where we are today. But after that, it gets MUCH harder.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: