Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:38:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty[PAID OUT] : a bitstream for better utilizing the Cairnsmore1 157-294.5btc  (Read 21917 times)
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:19:18 PM

3 ppl agreeing on the escrow is just not enough, imho. I have nothing agaist zephir, nor can I say anything for him. Just havent paid that much (or any) attention to he's doings in the bitcoin world. So ramp up some more support and I'll change the post.

Make that 4, I agree.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Glasswalker

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 02:23:34 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2012, 02:55:19 PM by Glasswalker

Cross post from main cairnsmore thread:

Ok, I've changed my mind... This is a little against my better judgement. I'm releasing the bitstream that accompanies the new glasswalker controller that enterpoint released. Keep in mind I have not tested this myself yet. I won't be able to do that until later tonight when I get home from work. I will confirm once I've done that.

But if any of you who are a bit more technical want to dive in and flash this along with the new controller, and let me know how it works, I'd appreciate it. As Enterpoint said, it should work in 3 of the 4 positions. the 4th may or may not work, and may be flaky.

It should mine stable at 175Mhash/s on the chips it does work on (I've tested it on one position for over 24h at a stable 175Mhash/s on my board).

In the meantime Enterpoint is still poking at the problem from the controller side, and I'm re-writing the UART core entirely from scratch which should fully solve the problem, so between the two we should have a stable bitstream very soon. Then we can just worry about driving the hashrate up to the max attainable. Then following that I'll move my focus back to my 100% "from scratch" bitstream which should offer much improved performance.

In addition, one last tidbit. I've begun work on a "from scratch" opensource version of the controller bitstream as well, with some advanced features. That should both be useful for this bitstream, and my future, but also having the opensource controller out there should help any other developers with this in the future. That one is a ways off though, it's low priority and I'm only working on it in my down cycles between the other bitstream work.

Oh and I missed the final bit, I've forked off MPBM as I prefer it to cgminer. I have added cairnsmore support to it in the form of a custom module. It's still reporting hashrate wrong, but I hope to fix that soon. This version of MPBM was tested with this released bitstream.

Here is the link to the bitstream: http://www.btcsyn.com/bitstreams/glasswalker_untested.zip
Here is the link to MPBM github: https://github.com/pmumby/Modular-Python-Bitcoin-Miner
(you want the "testing" branch)

Let me know how these work for you.

EDIT:

Quick update, here's the source. As said it's useless to most in this state, but here it is as per the license. This does not include my new fixes to my newest version, this is the exact version of the code which resulted in the 175Mhz bitstream linked above.

When I get my final version out it will include all the fixes, and hopefully be in a more easily "buildable" state, as well as include documentation on how to build. how to install, and how to run.

EDIT2:

Helps when I post the link:
http://www.btcsyn.com/bitstreams/cairnsmore_os_175_source_temp.tgz

EDIT3:

See this post on the main thread for some (very vague) instructions. I'll post better instructions once it's tested:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78239.msg1056016#msg1056016

Another note from Yohan. The first ~50 boards suffer a bit more from the line noise than the remaining boards. My dev board is #1 (first board) so I may have poorer results than those of you with serial numbers above ~50. Hopefully the combined efforts from Enterpoint on the controller, and myself in rewriting the UART will fully solve the problem once and for all, resulting in nice stability on all boards.

BattleDrome: Blockchain based Gladiator Combat for fun and profit!
http://www.battledrome.io/
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 03:52:02 PM

3 ppl agreeing on the escrow is just not enough, imho. I have nothing agaist zephir, nor can I say anything for him. Just havent paid that much (or any) attention to he's doings in the bitcoin world. So ramp up some more support and I'll change the post.

Hi Isokivi,

sorry if I got it wrong: you as the thread owner and bounty initiator should have done the escrow, but AFAIR you refused to do that and since some of the folks here know and trust me, I took the initiative. That might have been premature, but anticipating the bitstream to be ready this week it was not too early. If you changed your mind and want to take the responsibility, I'll be glad to send you the collected coins or give you the private key to the existing address.

Otherwise (as already stated somewhere) having 50 CM1 boards I have a personal vital interest that the advanced bitstream shows up as fast as possible and the bounty gets paid. If you need to check whether you want to trust me, just visit my mining bond thread (see my sig) and read the second post.

Thanks, Zefir

Isokivi (OP)

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 04:07:00 PM

Hi Isokivi,

sorry if I got it wrong: you as the thread owner and bounty initiator should have done the escrow, but AFAIR you refused to do that and since some of the folks here know and trust me, I took the initiative. That might have been premature, but anticipating the bitstream to be ready this week it was not too early. If you changed your mind and want to take the responsibility, I'll be glad to send you the collected coins or give you the private key to the existing address.

Otherwise (as already stated somewhere) having 50 CM1 boards I have a personal vital interest that the advanced bitstream shows up as fast as possible and the bounty gets paid. If you need to check whether you want to trust me, just visit my mining bond thread (see my sig) and read the second post.

Thanks, Zefir

All I would like to see is that the majority of pledgers agree that you are "ok" to do the escrow, got no other problems with this.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Slipbye

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 04:31:54 PM

I'm happy for Zefir to hold escrow for my bounty. I'm away from my wallet till the weekend so i'll have to send the coins over on sunday.
Lethos

Activity: 476

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 01:40:12 PM

I've added my 5btc to that account and sent my PM to Zefir.

roomservice

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 01:42:06 PM

Another 10 btc just rolled into the bounty address.

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen again, and again. It has to happen. Nice night."
Isokivi (OP)

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 03:45:09 PM

Zefir's escrow status added to bounty terms post.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 03:58:34 PM

Thank you for the support. And thanks to all contributors so far, we just entered the three-digit range (113BTC as of writing).

Keep it rolling!

Cranky4u

Activity: 810

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 11:17:14 PM

Thank you for the support. And thanks to all contributors so far, we just entered the three-digit range (113BTC as of writing).

Keep it rolling!

2BTC bounty sent....as small time operator thats a big % for me...comon CM1 owners...1BTC per board will not send you bankrupt

spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 08:40:00 AM

Keep it rolling!

2BTC bounty sent....as small time operator thats a big % for me...comon CM1 owners...1BTC per board will not send you bankrupt

Sent my 10BTC a couple of days ago.

spiccioli
simon66

Activity: 423

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 01:23:43 AM

I can't start a Kickstarter because I'm canadian, Kickstarter only works for US residents with a US SSN. You can't start a kickstarter if you're not. You can only contribute to a kickstarter from outside the US.

A bitcoin friendly kickstarter type site was one of the many projects I had planned for the Syndicate to develop and launch, but it's a long way off at this stage Smiley

As for the bounty group starting a kickstarter, the problem there is the one starting the kickstarter would be "responsible" for delivering on any promises. Might be a bit tricky to get around the limitations.

Ummm kickstarter isn't US only. I'm Canadian too and I can set up a kickstarter campaign right now.
Glasswalker

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 01:56:55 AM

Ummm kickstarter isn't US only. I'm Canadian too and I can set up a kickstarter campaign right now.

Since I haven't actually tried to do it, I won't directly dispute you, if you have first hand experience of this, then I guess I stand corrected.

But I sourced my information posted here directly from the Kickstarter policies pages.

Specifically their policies on Eligibility requirements at: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/creators#EligRequ

First heading titled "Am I eligible to start a Kickstarter project?"

Quote:
To be eligible to start a Kickstarter project, you need to satisfy the requirements of Amazon Payments:

—You are 18 years of age or older.
—You are a permanent US resident with a Social Security Number (or EIN).
—You have a US address, US bank account, and US state-issued ID (driver’s license).
—You have a major US credit or debit card.

Projects must also follow the Kickstarter Guidelines.

That's the reason I said it was US only. I actually have several projects I'd LOVE to run over Kickstarter, so if you are right maybe I'll do that lol Wink

Also on an unrelated note, My 125Mhz version doesn't appear to work. I just got home, and I'm actually staying home from work Monday/Tuesday (I will be working from home, but I'll have cycles in-between to work on the bitstream, and having direct access to my dev board will help) to try and get some serious progress on the bitstream. I'll post more when I have more info.

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 02:28:18 AM

Since I haven't actually tried to do it, I won't directly dispute you, if you have first hand experience of this, then I guess I stand corrected.

But I sourced my information posted here directly from the Kickstarter policies pages.

Specifically their policies on Eligibility requirements at: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/creators#EligRequ

First heading titled "Am I eligible to start a Kickstarter project?"

Quote:
To be eligible to start a Kickstarter project, you need to satisfy the requirements of Amazon Payments:

—You are 18 years of age or older.
—You are a permanent US resident with a Social Security Number (or EIN).
—You have a US address, US bank account, and US state-issued ID (driver’s license).
—You have a major US credit or debit card.

Projects must also follow the Kickstarter Guidelines.

That's the reason I said it was US only. I actually have several projects I'd LOVE to run over Kickstarter, so if you are right maybe I'll do that lol Wink

Also on an unrelated note, My 125Mhz version doesn't appear to work. I just got home, and I'm actually staying home from work Monday/Tuesday (I will be working from home, but I'll have cycles in-between to work on the bitstream, and having direct access to my dev board will help) to try and get some serious progress on the bitstream. I'll post more when I have more info.

When /if you release a 200MHs per FPGA bitstream, will you be doing up a PDF on how to "install" said bitstream? In a similair vain to what enterpoint has for their controllers...

Glasswalker

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 03:06:43 AM

When /if you release a 200MHs per FPGA bitstream, will you be doing up a PDF on how to "install" said bitstream? In a similair vain to what enterpoint has for their controllers...

Short answer: yes. Smiley

Long answer:
Initially I will likely push out "development" versions that will be lacking in support and documentation, mostly because I'm still busy "finalizing" things. But yes, once I do achieve a "complete" and "successful" bitstream, I will then take the time to fully test it, and document the procedure well, including exact versions of software/files used in the process.

ebereon

Activity: 397
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:13:25 AM

Makomk's 190Mh bitstream have qualified for the bounty!

760Mh on 8 of my 10 boards, the 2 boards are not stable on the 0/1 pair and running the 180Mh bitstream on this pair. I think that is no bitstream issue, it's hardware.

I have allready donated some btc to him, thats why i'm not donated to the threads bounty wallet address.

eb
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:20:21 AM

He says "the bitstreams in the following archive are overclocked bitstreams. This means that they run the FPGAs on your board outside of their specified limits. This may void your warranty, damage your hardware, and/or cause cats and dogs to sleep together. Use at your own risk.".

I don't know if this is something I want to run on my board.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
ebereon

Activity: 397

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:34:10 AM

He says "the bitstreams in the following archive are overclocked bitstreams. This means that they run the FPGAs on your board outside of their specified limits. This may void your warranty, damage your hardware, and/or cause cats and dogs to sleep together. Use at your own risk.".

I don't know if this is something I want to run on my board.

I don't know where the specified limits are for an spartan6lx150, but it's surely not at 190Mh?! And you can't rise the voltage with the bitstream only.

It's up to you, just use the shipping bitstream ....
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 02:14:03 AM

760Mh on 8 of my 10 boards, the 2 boards are not stable on the 0/1 pair and running the 180Mh bitstream on this pair. I think that is no bitstream issue, it's hardware.

I have allready donated some btc to him, thats why i'm not donated to the threads bounty wallet address.

eb

I couldn't get the 160 to run for more than a few dozen shares.
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 03:01:31 AM

eb

pdf "how to" guide of what bitstreams used, config, how to flash, etc...?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: