Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:05:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Open Draft] Betmarket -- distributed prediction market  (Read 1632 times)
Ukigo (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 05:55:18 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2018, 10:52:13 AM by Ukigo

Hi all !

4) What else Huh

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TimJBenham

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 10:27:26 AM

OPEN CHALLENGES aka weak points of the concept :

5) How to decide the event outcome without necessity to have human  referee/judge ?

Without (super)human level AI I don't see how that is possible. For example, a boxing match is decided by the judges, who are human. If you want to bet on it then you are at least relying on the judges, unless you have a super-AI that can say, "The judges scored it 112-110 for Rodriguez but I am awarding it to Lopez instead". I think that would cause more disputes than relying on humans!

Some event outcomes could be defined in terms of observable events on the web. For example, instead of betting on whether Miami Heat will beat the Trail Blazers you can bet on whether Yahoo! sport will display a greater score for MH than TB at such and such an URL at such and such a time. This removes the site operator's discretion but introduces problems of its own.

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 07:35:40 PM

OPEN CHALLENGES aka weak points of the concept :

5) How to decide the event outcome without necessity to have human  referee/judge ?

Without (super)human level AI I don't see how that is possible. For example, a boxing match is decided by the judges, who are human. If you want to bet on it then you are at least relying on the judges, unless you have a super-AI that can say, "The judges scored it 112-110 for Rodriguez but I am awarding it to Lopez instead". I think that would cause more disputes than relying on humans!

Why not let the miners decide as referees. They will not be dishonest or lazy,
lest they damage the coin they just mined.

Main purpose of this coin/block chain must be betting, of course. Bitcoin miners would be
mostly uninterested.
TimJBenham

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 11:47:22 AM

Some event outcomes could be defined in terms of observable events on the web.
Sure! Just observe the event outcomes posted to a noncommercial prediction market such as Ideosphere's Foresight Exchange.

Just layer Bitcoin on top of another site that already decides outcomes.

Sounds great. What happens when the admin of the noncommercial prediction market discovers he can make big munnies by posting bogus outcomes?

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
agorism

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:02:31 AM

http://forum.truthcoin.info/index.php
A forum for a prediction market on a blockchain
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: