Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:33:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 9x Ant S2 - no minimum price - once in a lifetime occasion  (Read 3218 times)
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

So you changed the end of the auction last minute to be earlier while I was asleep?  I think you kind of screwed yourself as I probably wasn't the only one who was going to wait until near the end to place a final bid...

I'll take however many units I managed to get at .16 though.

EDIT: and if anyone backs out of theirs, I'll take more at .2 as well.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:17:28 PM

Honestly I don't even know if they will sell them that cheap. I bid 0.30BTC for one but everybody else bid less than 0.20BTC, they might not want to sell that cheap. Considering these things were like $4000 when new.

spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:43:02 PM

So you changed the end of the auction last minute to be earlier while I was asleep?  I think you kind of screwed yourself as I probably wasn't the only one who was going to wait until near the end to place a final bid...

Sure, this whole time zone thing completely blew up in my face.

Anyway, there are valid bids for all the units, I'll post results in a couple of hours as soon as I'm back home.

spiccioli.

ps. yes, new they were not cheap, like any other money-printing machine since the first asic was made.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:54:23 PM

ps. yes, new they were not cheap, like any other money-printing machine since the first asic was made.
+1.   I remember paying $1250 (iirc) for a september-batch 25GH bitfury started kit. Its now worth <$20 (if you dont consider the raspberry pi that came with it)[quote

author=quakefiend420 link=topic=943558.msg10367144#msg10367144 date=1423152712]
So you changed the end of the auction last minute to be earlier while I was asleep?  I think you kind of screwed yourself as I probably wasn't the only one who was going to wait until near the end to place a final bid...

[/quote]

If i actually had the leading bids on 7 units, I'd be happy to transfer 2 of them to you - 5 units was my target (I had expected a bit more price war up to 0.25-0.3/unit by the auction end), and i only have so much BTC to cover shipping.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:15:42 PM

+1.   I remember paying $1250 (iirc) for a september-batch 25GH bitfury started kit. Its now worth <$20 (if you dont consider the raspberry pi that came with it)

If i actually had the leading bids on 7 units, I'd be happy to transfer 2 of them to you - 5 units was my target (I had expected a bit more price war up to 0.25-0.3/unit by the auction end), and i only have so much BTC to cover shipping.

Sure, I'll take them.
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:32:43 PM

Ok,

no winning bid for the whole lot, all bids for the whole lot are way lower than bids for some units, so we have this:

These are the bids and the units (and I hope I've not made errors here as I did with time zones ...)

I'm not sure about klondike_bar since he put lower bids after a while, so if his higher bid is still valid, he won the first 4 units, followed by adaseb with 2 and blackheart13 with 3.

Otherwise, we have adaseb with 2 units, blackheart13 with 4, adaseb again with 1 and klondike_bar with 2.

adaseb bids have an OR between them,  I'm not sure he wants just one for each speed or 1 overall, in which case things change again and we have adaseb with 1 unit, blackheart13 with 4, klondike_bar with 3 at .20 and 1 at .17

Please klondike_bar and adaseb tell me what is your intention.

As soon as we know klondike_bar's and adaseb's answer I'll ask winners to send me a private message with Name and Surname, so that I can forward it to Michigan colo with the number of units won (faster units will go to higher bidders).

I'll then send you, through a PM message, a bitcoin address where you can pay me, after I get your payment I'll authorize Michigan colo to ship the units.

Thanks.

spiccioli

spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:38:52 PM

Unit rank (from faster to slower):

wf7
wf9
wf11 (at 1TH)
wf4
wf8   (at 900 GH)
wf5   (at 850 GH)
wf3
wf6
wf10  (at 800 GH)

spiccioli

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:27:35 PM

Ok,
no winning bid for the whole lot, all bids for the whole lot are way lower than bids for some units, so we have this:

These are the bids and the units (and I hope I've not made errors here as I did with time zones ...)

I'm not sure about klondike_bar since he put lower bids after a while, so if his higher bid is still valid, he won the first 4 units, followed by adaseb with 2 and blackheart13 with 3.

Otherwise, we have adaseb with 2 units, blackheart13 with 4, adaseb again with 1 and klondike_bar with 2.

adaseb bids have an OR between them,  I'm not sure he wants just one for each speed or 1 overall, in which case things change again and we have adaseb with 1 unit, blackheart13 with 4, klondike_bar with 3 at .20 and 1 at .17

Please klondike_bar and adaseb tell me what is your intention.

As soon as we know klondike_bar's and adaseb's answer I'll ask winners to send me a private message with Name and Surname, so that I can forward it to Michigan colo with the number of units won (faster units will go to higher bidders).

I'll then send you, through a PM message, a bitcoin address where you can pay me, after I get your payment I'll authorize Michigan colo to ship the units.
Thanks.
spiccioli

looking at the list, my understanding is that the winning bids are based from the bottom upwards, something like this (my first skim of the list to try and cluster bids by user and desired unit speed):

adaseb 2@0.27 (specified for 1TH units)
blackheart 4@0.25
adaseb 1@0.25 (specified for <1TH units)
klondike 3@0.20 (specified for 1TH units)
klondike 2@0.17 (for <1TH units)
quakefiend 5@0.16

going back over that in a bit more detail to try and sort out the different speeds

1TH units (3 available)                    900GH units (2 available)                         800-850GH units (4 available)
adaseb 2@0.26                            blackheart 2@0.25                                        adaseb 1@0.25
blackheart 1@0.25                                                                                        blackheart 1@0.25
                                                                                                                  klondike 2@0.17

if the "dutch auction" style is used, the list likely simplifies as:
1TH units (3 available)                    900GH units (2 available)                         800-850GH units (4 available)
adaseb 2@0.23                            blackheart 2@0.21                                        adaseb 1@0.19
blackheart 1@0.22                                                                                        blackheart 1@0.18
                                                                                                                  klondike 2@0.17

obviously things are complicated slightly by the fact that the auction was effectively 3 different categories

ps: my bid of 0.35/ea was if shipping was included. obviously its not so im paying the shipping atop my bid prices.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:36:40 PM

obviously things are complicated slightly by the fact that the auction was effectively 3 different categories

That's why I wanted to sell them as a lot. Wink

But since we're selling them as single units we can also say:

adaseb 3@.273  (.3+.27+.25)/3
blackheart 4@.25
klondike_bar 2@.20

It means adaseb gest the three fastest units (and pays a little more to have them)
blackheart the following 4 (2 at 900GH,  1 at 850 GH and 1 at 800 GH)
klondike_bar the two at 800GH

but let's be honest, where can you buy a 800GH unit for 44 USD?

Guys, for me it is the same, I won't retire on a tropical island after this auction, so, please reach an agreement between you and let me know.

spiccioli
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:41:32 PM

If any of the winners drop out, I'd like to say that I would pick up their bid. I was one of the ones waiting to place at the final minute.
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:52:30 PM

If any of the winners drop out, I'd like to say that I would pick up their bid. I was one of the ones waiting to place at the final minute.

Yeah I'd say I'm in for the same thing.  Heck I'd have done 0.37-0.4BTC for a 1TH one (not knowing shipping is always hard, an originating zip and shipping weight is always nice!).

But I've witnessed a lot of auctions on this forum, and they rarely go as planned.  Not really the best medium or framework for such an endeavor.  

As things can go south fast if an "auction injustice" is perceived by any non-winners, best of luck to spiccioli on figuring this all out!  Put some hard guidelines out there how you will proceed and include deadlines if buyers don't come though, and stick to it!  All you can really do.

ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:57:49 PM

Yeah I'd say I'm in for the same thing.  Heck I'd have done 0.4BTC for a 1TH one.

But I've witnessed a lot of auctions on this forum, and they rarely go as planned.  Not really the best medium or framework for such an endeavor.  

As things can go south fast if an "auction injustice" is perceived by any non-winners, best of luck to spiccioli on figuring this all out!

Beginning with placing an auction in the correct place.

Agreed. Good luck!
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:59:37 PM

Yeah I'd say I'm in for the same thing.  Heck I'd have done 0.37-0.4BTC for a 1TH one (not knowing shipping is always hard, an originating zip and shipping weight is always nice!).

As things can go south fast if an "auction injustice" is perceived by any non-winners, best of luck to spiccioli on figuring this all out!  Put some hard guidelines out there how you will proceed and include deadlines if buyers don't come though, and stick to it!  All you can really do.

I'm trying to be as fair as I can.

It is difficult though because of language barriers and time-zones.

I've never made a world-wide auction, even the idea of "today" has to be clearly defined which is something you don't think about until after you realize that "today" means nothing on global scale.

Smiley

spiccioli
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:48:09 PM

Hello

Sorry about the confusion but I only wanted to buy 1 unit. Because I never had these miners before and have no idea how loud they are.

I put a max bid per category

1X1.0TH @ 0.30 BTC

or

1X0.9TH @ 0.27 BTC

or

1X0.8TH @ 0.25 BTC

So if I bid the highest for the 1.0TH miner I would pay 0.30 BTC, if I won that then the other 2 would go to someone else.

Sorry about the confusion.

The correct order seems to be more like

adaseb 1 0.30
blackheart13 4 0.25
klondike_bar 3 0.20
klondike_bar 2 0.17
quakefiend420 5 0.16
klondike_bar 2 0.16
mchouston 9 0.15
btcshiner 9 0.13
blazedout419 9 0.12
crowetic 9 0.11

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:54:58 PM

klondike_bar 2*800GH@.20
please reach an agreement between you and let me know.

spiccioli
done. Im sending a PM now to see what we can do about shipping cost/method

blackheart13

Activity: 426

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:54:26 PM

Sending pm to setup deal.
Thanks
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:55:25 PM

i'll be a dick and say: it should be a minimum bid for a miner(the psu can go for 50$ or more...)
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:57:36 PM

klondike_bar 2*800GH@.20
please reach an agreement between you and let me know.

spiccioli
done. Im sending a PM now to see what we can do about shipping cost/method

So we have:

- klondike_bar bid 4@.35 as void since it included shipping, which cannot be included in such a low bid

- adaseb, two out of three bids void, he takes just one 1TH unit at .30 (please adaseb PM me you name surname and address)
- blackheart13 4 at .25 (please blackheart13 confirm to us you still want your 4 units)
- klondike_bar wants 2 800 GH units at .20 (whithout shipping)

Let's see what blackheart13 decides before letting anyone step in and/or going down the list.

Regards.

spiccioli
blackheart13

Activity: 426

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:00:21 PM

Hi,
yes I want the 4.  A pm has been sent. 
Thanks
spiccioli (OP)
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:07:06 PM

Hi,
yes I want the 4.  A pm has been sent. 
Thanks

Ok, answered.

so:

- 1 1Th unit to adaseb
- 2 1Th and 2 900 Gh ones to blackheart13
- 1 850GH and 1 800GH one to klondike_bar

2 units remaining, please quakefiend420 tell us if you want them.

Regards

spiccioli
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: