Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:36:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitch of the death nerve: Goodbye Monero  (Read 1961 times)
rikkejohn (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:01:21 AM

I won't miss you, or the declining number of shills and saps.

Poloniex will.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 06:38:40 AM

While I am certainly no fan of this coin, what brings on this prediction.

~BCX~

I would like a f****** answer to this question as well.

I don't get the hate for Monero.  Mild to severe irritation with rptelia & the band o merry men I 100% GET.  Trust me.

But saying monero = rptelia is like saying litecoin = bcx.

Again.  I don't get the hate.  It's PoW (I know BCX & others think POS is dumb).  Its a new codebase to bitcoin that solves shit like the block size limit that makes bitcoin about to choke on a stupid tipping game.  It resolves the anonymity issue inherent to the bitcoin clones.  It serves as a backup PoW currency that doesn't have the bitcoin codebase.  It's fair(ish).  It's fast.  Its the only PoW coin I know of that's been built fro scratch & the current devs are trying to get it up to snuff.

The release curve has punished early adopters and late adopters (ones in the middle - if it survives will benefit).

I own some but I don't think I'm all that emotionally invested.  IT's just something that actually makes sense to me (ring signatures, alternate codebase, CPU PoW, dynamic block sizes, etc) to have.  If it halves in value again twice I'll shrug, buy a FEW more and still follow the development with interest.  Because like I said - the attributes make sense to me.

Like I said ... just not getting the hate.  Why not hate on darkcoin?  Or NXT?  Or hell ... paycoin if you want to talk about another pump and dump.

I swear to god next person who uses that term ... risto may be arrogant but he isn't stupid enough to pick something with Monero's emission curve to pump then dump.

So again .... why the hate?  Esp from BCX?  (BTW I was really disapointed that you weren't able to back your threats up - unlike most of the crybabies in crypto I believe if it can be destroyed it should be.  Just sad you turned out to be a bag full of hot air instead of the real deal)

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:50:16 AM

wtf is monero?
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:54:11 AM

Oh look more FUD.

Its posts like these that convince more and more that Monero is a winner.
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:46:16 AM

Again.  I don't get the hate.  It's PoW (I know BCX & others think POS is dumb).  Its a new codebase to bitcoin that solves shit like the block size limit that makes bitcoin about to choke on a stupid tipping game.  It resolves the anonymity issue inherent to the bitcoin clones.  It serves as a backup PoW currency that doesn't have the bitcoin codebase.  It's fair(ish).  It's fast.  Its the only PoW coin I know of that's been built fro scratch & the current devs are trying to get it up to snuff.

You say you don't get the hate - and then you go on to gush about Monero like it is an original coin and not a clone of Cryptonote/Bytecoin. I am not saying it's not a good clone  or that it doesn't add anything new but, really, your post sums up the Monero arrogance that people here, hate.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:26:08 AM

wtf is monero?

Glad you asked

Monero (XMR) is a new privacy-centric coin using the CryptoNote protocol (see below for more information). The open source reference implementation of CryptoNote was coded from scratch based on the CryptoNote reference implementation, and is not a fork of Bitcoin.

Monero aims to be a fungible and untraceable digital medium of exchange. It intrinsically has a higher degree of privacy than Bitcoin or any of its various forks. It was launched on April 18, 2014 (preannounced and no premine/IPO/etc.).

More information: Why Monero matters, The Three Pillars of Monero
Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:17:42 AM

Monero-hating is so 2014...Move on.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:19:35 PM

Again.  I don't get the hate.  It's PoW (I know BCX & others think POS is dumb).  Its a new codebase to bitcoin that solves shit like the block size limit that makes bitcoin about to choke on a stupid tipping game.  It resolves the anonymity issue inherent to the bitcoin clones.  It serves as a backup PoW currency that doesn't have the bitcoin codebase.  It's fair(ish).  It's fast.  Its the only PoW coin I know of that's been built fro scratch & the current devs are trying to get it up to snuff.

You say you don't get the hate - and then you go on to gush about Monero like it is an original coin and not a clone of Cryptonote/Bytecoin. I am not saying it's not a good clone  or that it doesn't add anything new but, really, your post sums up the Monero arrogance that people here, hate.

Monero is a fork of Bytecoin, not a clone like Dashcoin.  We've been over this before.  If you could learn to tell the difference, that would be super!

Monero devs have added in a lot of great new stuff, and plenty more is on the way.

EG: they quickly fixed the 'troll block' vulnerability, put in some spiffy new kind of checkpoints (sorry BCX  Cheesy), launched a webwallet, and the database is working.  Plus I2P is on the horizon.

Bytecoin is hardly ever updated, and like CryptonoteCoin, is pretty much abandonware at this point.  Neither has changed since Sept of last year!   Cheesy  All the innovation is happening in XMR, BBR, and XDN.

Let's go over it one more time, just to make sure you retain it this time.

Monero = FORK of Bytecoin
Dashcoin = CLONE of Bytecoin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:03:59 PM

Um.  I'm aware of the bytecoin scam.  Essentially I maDe the assumption that Monero was the leading contender for a legitimate coin with ongoing development and support inside the cryptonote Category.  For awhile boolberry was also in the race and I'm open for other contenders.

If a new cryptonote comes out that gains traction (oongoing development,  broad community recognition, non scam, etc.  Then I will be happy to view the good things I listed as being the alt coin besides monero.

If you know of such a coin point me in the right direction.  Olease.   Until then Monero is the bitcoin of cryptonote.  There's still time for that to change and I'll be happy to support an alternative that overtakes monero. 
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:28:08 PM

Oh look more FUD.

and yet it is not.  convinced yet?
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:02:13 PM

We like XMR and you like Bitcoin Mixers, this conversation is not going anywhere unlike Monero.

And then there was Shadowcash...
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:19:21 PM

Oh look more FUD.

and yet it is not.  convinced yet?

I was entirely convince after doing some research on Monero. The FUD about Monero is...well FUD nothing more. Monero from where I am standing, is a solid decentralize anonymous electronic cash with veteran experienced developers.    
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:33:59 AM

Oh look more FUD.

and yet it is not.  convinced yet?

We like XMR and you like Bitcoin Mixers, this conversation is not going anywhere unlike Monero.

hypothetically,

i'm interested in buying something that requires anonymity
the seller is someone who accepts monero

i then buy bitcoin with cash then purchase monero with my cash bitcoin then send the monero to the other user who sells it for bitcoin and then sells the bitcoin for cash.  wow anonymity sure is hard.

or i just mix some of my stash and send it away.. transaction complete.

and don't tell me to just keep the monero stash.  it's hard enough spending bitcoin today
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:30:42 AM

It will not die, but drop where it belongs. The recent hype must have been a produce of some crazy insider IRC.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:33:09 AM

Is it dead again Smiley?
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:31:37 PM

hypothetically,

i'm interested in buying something that requires anonymity
the seller is someone who accepts monero

i then buy bitcoin with cash then purchase monero with my cash bitcoin then send the monero to the other user who sells it for bitcoin and then sells the bitcoin for cash.  wow anonymity sure is hard.

or i just mix some of my stash and send it away.. transaction complete.

and don't tell me to just keep the monero stash.  it's hard enough spending bitcoin today

Why do you have to buy bitcoin just to buy monero if you have a stash? Is it because you required an extra step just to make it look harder?  Shocked

And you dont even have to go through exchanges Monero Club.

Anyway, monero isn't even an year old yet. See you in a year or two.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: