Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:57:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will 2015 be bitcoin’s year?  (Read 2786 times)
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:42:44 AM

2015 would a important year for Bitcoin: to live or to die.

Most accurate response in this entire topic.

and false too  Grin

Bitcoin will live for few years at least as hot sauce...every year is important for BTC..as it is still pretty much in early stages..

avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:52:14 AM

and false too  Grin

Bitcoin will live for few years at least as hot sauce...every year is important for BTC..as it is still pretty much in early stages..

I think you're correct. It's still in the first phase.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:57:32 AM

for those in bitcoin for the fiat it'll be a great year, for those in bitcoin for initial concepts promise.....bitcoin will be dead to them.

What are the initial concept's promises?
I guess he means, anonymity, avoiding taxes, destroying governments, whipping your ass and all the other things, that were never promised by anyone, but are just, what some people want Bitcoin to do.

well thats a pretty bad guess, and wrong on every point.

the idea of bitcoin was an alternative to the banks controlled fiat, to take the greedy money changes out of the equation, one of the main reasons for decentralisation, whats the point of an alternative to the greedy banks if we ourselves given the same power act the same way?

lets not even begin at the whitepapers original mircotransctions point re reason for bitcoin over the banks, something the btc powers to be flipped on ages back  Cry
We don't have the power to freeze accounts.
We don't have the power to print as many Bitcoin as we want.
We don't have the power to reverse a transaction.

So, about what power are you talking about?

Could you please just cut this use of general terms, that means nothing and tell us, what exactly do you mean?

define what u mean by we, ie you're not part of the collective in any of my 'we' replies

your power points reply aren't even in the context of my post so i'll reply similarly;

"We don't have the power to freeze accounts."

can and has been done, one of the reason for an infamous btc fork.

"We don't have the power to print as many Bitcoin as we want."

can on several different level, and has been done for real before, again hence on of the infamous previous forks.

and currently is being done in a kind of way by various exchanges and other third parties through various financial product; you'd reply oh but thats no real bitcoins, but the products is just as real as those found in fiat (and all crypto nutjobs accuse fiat of being printed limitlessly).

"We don't have the power to reverse a transaction."

again can and has been done before ie again look at a previous infamous bitcoin fork.

However in context my whole point about being the greedy bankers is most people now in crypto are in it for the FIAT, not in it to make frictionless money, not in it to give people control over their money for better or for worse, but simply to buy a token and try and sell it to the next sucker for a higher FIAT price.

all makes the point of bitcoin redundant.

Your only example about how the power was misused, is a bug that was fixed, so forged coins can not be used anymore?
So, we should stop fixing bugs and just use the first version of Bitcoin-QT Satoshi released?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:33:38 AM

for those in bitcoin for the fiat it'll be a great year, for those in bitcoin for initial concepts promise.....bitcoin will be dead to them.

What are the initial concept's promises?
I guess he means, anonymity, avoiding taxes, destroying governments, whipping your ass and all the other things, that were never promised by anyone, but are just, what some people want Bitcoin to do.

well thats a pretty bad guess, and wrong on every point.

the idea of bitcoin was an alternative to the banks controlled fiat, to take the greedy money changes out of the equation, one of the main reasons for decentralisation, whats the point of an alternative to the greedy banks if we ourselves given the same power act the same way?

lets not even begin at the whitepapers original mircotransctions point re reason for bitcoin over the banks, something the btc powers to be flipped on ages back  Cry
We don't have the power to freeze accounts.
We don't have the power to print as many Bitcoin as we want.
We don't have the power to reverse a transaction.

So, about what power are you talking about?

Could you please just cut this use of general terms, that means nothing and tell us, what exactly do you mean?

define what u mean by we, ie you're not part of the collective in any of my 'we' replies

your power points reply aren't even in the context of my post so i'll reply similarly;

"We don't have the power to freeze accounts."

can and has been done, one of the reason for an infamous btc fork.

"We don't have the power to print as many Bitcoin as we want."

can on several different level, and has been done for real before, again hence on of the infamous previous forks.

and currently is being done in a kind of way by various exchanges and other third parties through various financial product; you'd reply oh but thats no real bitcoins, but the products is just as real as those found in fiat (and all crypto nutjobs accuse fiat of being printed limitlessly).

"We don't have the power to reverse a transaction."

again can and has been done before ie again look at a previous infamous bitcoin fork.

However in context my whole point about being the greedy bankers is most people now in crypto are in it for the FIAT, not in it to make frictionless money, not in it to give people control over their money for better or for worse, but simply to buy a token and try and sell it to the next sucker for a higher FIAT price.

all makes the point of bitcoin redundant.

Your only example about how the power was misused, is a bug that was fixed, so forged coins can not be used anymore?
So, we should stop fixing bugs and just use the first version of Bitcoin-QT Satoshi released?

ok now ur just arguing for the sake of it.

the irony of bitcointalk is half the post are bitching about the wealthy elite while the other half is all about how to become them  Undecided
Whitehouse

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:52:08 AM

and false too  Grin

It's all speculation, but I think bitcoin has a long life left yet, but it could go tits up if something far superior came along, though if that was going to happen it likely already would have. I think 2015 will be another relatively disappointing year regarding the price but it'll have a few ups and downs and a lot of merchants getting involved but this wont necessarily be reflected in its fiat value.

Hot Sauce? What does that even mean?

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:29:00 AM

Hot Sauce? What does that even mean?

it's pretty tasty actually, did you seriously never try?

i personally like hot sauces made of habaneros because i like the citrus-like flavor. But others are nice too.
Raeg

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:33:58 AM

Sadly I do not think 2015 will be bitcoin's 'year'. I think we'll see gains but it'll be a similar story to last year. Personally I think it'll take a 2-3 years for bitcoin to break into the mainstream but I hope it happens much sooner. I have patience, though.
Q7

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 12:07:35 PM

and false too  Grin

I don't know what others think but I think bitcoin is still at the early stage and each and every year we are making progress. It's definitely not a do or die kind of thing.

specgamer

Activity: 252

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:20:21 PM

Last year was absolutely devastating for bitcoin. Sinked from above $1200 to below $250. I  won't make any prediction but I do think this is a rebound year for bitcoin as countries in Asia, ex. China are making big moves. I certainly hope it will be. Wink

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Berau

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:53:40 AM

Let's hope the miners are happy this year Smiley

Otherwise we have no hope Sad
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: