Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:11:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible scam at MtGox: Withdrawals are not processed  (Read 9435 times)
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:31:35 PM

This could be done for many reasons, and each time such verification is triggered by the Bank who requires it. I cannot go into specifics but we had at several occasions (a very few occasions) Banks that REFUSED to proceed a withdraw even if the client was Verified and was withdrawing the money to his/her account. Each time without a clue on the reasons.

Sue the bank?

Signature space available for rent.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GuinnessBIT

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:35:16 AM

It looks like Mt. Gox is responding, but if they learn anything look at all the frustration by customers here trying to get their money.

According to Mt. Gox's website :

Withdrawals typically take 2-5 full business days to reach your bank, provided that you have included all required information such as your full name and address as it appears on your bank statement.

So, I requested a withdrawal on July 17th.    After not hearing anything for a week, despite paying an outrageous $25 dollar wire transfer fee, I submitted a ticket.
To submit the ticket, I have to logon with my account,  and create an another "Support ID".
After creating this account which is linked with my ID and email, I submitted a ticket.

I got a reply that stated

Thank you for contacting us. Before we may action your request we require the following information:

Mt.Gox account number (E.g. MTG#####X):
First/Last Name:
Bank/Institution Name:
Amount/Currency:
Transaction ID:
Date/Time the transfer was made:

So I supplied all that information even though both accounts should be linked and they could look it up.

Finally I submitted the ticket only to be told:

Usually it will take 12 business days for the International wire transfer withdrawal to be processed.

At the very least, it's not consistent.    However, its very frustrating and all you users out there trying to get money from Mt. Gox should be warned that it is not a smooth process.

I still have not received my money.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:48:22 AM

It looks like Mt. Gox is responding, but if they learn anything look at all the frustration by customers here trying to get their money.

Withdrawals typically take 2-5 full business days to reach your bank, provided that you have included all required information such as your full name and address as it appears on your bank statement.

So, I requested a withdrawal on July 17th.    After not hearing anything for a week, despite paying an outrageous $25 dollar wire transfer fee, I submitted a ticket.
To submit the ticket, I have to logon with my account,  and create an another "Support ID".
After creating this account which is linked with my ID and email, I submitted a ticket.

Thank you for contacting us. Before we may action your request we require the following information:

First/Last Name:
Bank/Institution Name:
Amount/Currency:
Transaction ID:

So I supplied all that information even though both accounts should be linked and they could look it up.

Usually it will take 12 business days for the International wire transfer withdrawal to be processed.

At the very least, it's not consistent.    However, its very frustrating and all you users out there trying to get money from Mt. Gox should be warned that it is not a smooth process.

it could be worse ,Intersango is now Keeping DEPOSITS as well as withdrawls so you cant take money out ,cant get them to credit money to your account they already accepted and cant buy any BTC since they deny recieving money they recieved a week ago and say their account is under investigation (4th or 5th DIFFERNT excuse this week now of why the deposits are not being added to the Intersango acount)
GuinnessBIT

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 06:23:58 AM

Could be worse is not what I want to hear.   If its not easy to get money in/out, then the run up in price lately is artificially inflated and bound to fall.... hard
Sant001

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:46:51 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2012, 09:24:04 AM by Sant001

Dear all,

I requested 2 withdrawals with MtGox on 05.07.2012 and 06.07.2012 totalling almost 1500 EUR. MtGox decided to avoid paying me and refuses to give a detailed explanation about what is going on.

“2012/07/05 08:55:21 Withdraw Status: confirmed 1,000.00000 € 452.15020 € Withdraw to account DEUTSCHE POSTBANK AG”

“2012/07/06 09:28:49 Withdraw Status: confirmed 459.58000 € 0.00206 € Withdraw to account DEUTSCHE POSTBANK AG”

(I have also taken a screenshot that documents my withdrawals, which you can find here: http://postimage.org/image/9j2khpkxl/)

According to their website, the whole withdrawal process can take up to 5 working days. I have double checked my bank info and I am 100% sure that incorrect information are not the cause of the delay. I have also verified my account with them, even though I have never been asked to do so. Screenshot: http://postimage.org/image/evbink5tz/

Here is the message history with support. As you can see I am not given any serious reason for the delay, they just keep using their standard-answer which is an unbearable situation for me. Even though the chances of getting my money are very low now, I have still reported them with the Japanese chamber of commerce and their local police for fraud.

If you want to review my whole discussion with their "support" please kindly check these Screenshots:

http://postimage.org/image/4h42p9m49/
http://postimage.org/image/8p977gn6f/

As you see they are not making any serious efforts in helping me. Since almost 3 weeks have passed now, I gave up on getting my money back and try to warn as many people about MtGox as I can.

I strongly believe that MtGox is a highly fraudulent operation.

I would recommend to never put serious amounts of money there, as I did :-((

I'm sorry to hear your withdraw is delayed and hope you can get your money soon.

On the other hand, is there alternative ways to withdraw money from Gox?

For instance could you generate a redeem code on their website and sell it locally in Germany? Is there a marketplace to trade these codes and is this allowed by their TOS?
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 08:58:24 AM

First/Last Name:
Bank/Institution Name:
Amount/Currency:
Transaction ID:

Hello,

We are sorry to hear of your frustation.  Due to the volume of international wire withdrawal requests that have increased from the Dwolla delays, international wire withdrawals are taking longer than 2-5 business days to process at the moment.  However, once they are processed, they should be in  your account in 3 business days.  We have updated our Support page to reflect this change.  Should you have any further questions, our support team will be happy to answer them. 
Frankie

Activity: 206

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:04:15 PM

I also find it very troubling. I think their delays explain the persistent 2-4% premium with prices on Mt.Gox, and this gap in turn only encourages more people to deposit coins and attempt to cash out.

I would not be surprised if they are low on liquidity.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:11:26 PM

From support
Usually it will take 12 business days for the International wire transfer withdrawal to be processed

This is likely not what you want to hear but the two statements aren't in conflict.  It takes them 12 days to PROCESS your withdraw and then 2-5 business days for the international wire to clear your bank.  4 days is the most common.  So 12 + 4 = 16 days.    You likely will get your money ... in 2 to 3 weeks.  Also yes MtGox prices are consistently 2% to 4% above other exchanges and the illiquidity of outgoing USD is part of the problem.  Lots of buyers and less (relatively speaking) sellers leads to higher prices.

Then again I am a competitor offering same day wire service (yes same day) so take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Ilikeham

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 07:52:24 PM

I admit, I rarely see any good news posted about Gox over the year plus I that have read these forums and traded with BTC. I don't care if they are big, it seems the best way to work with them is work around them.

Business issues are one thing but the lack of good communication up and down the food chain within the company makes me shudder.

I'm just going to keep staying away.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 08:31:35 PM

As mentioned in this thread. Trading MtGox redeemable codes are possible.

In the marketplace forum there are several threads dealing with stuff like this, esp. the Currency exchange subforum.

Edit, I'm not sure if this thread belongs in the 'Scam Accusations' thread. As far as I am concerned, MtGox pays out on all withdrawal requests, but sometimes it seems to take a far too long time, esp. from the customers viewpoint. There are many speculations as to what causes the delays.

- Fractional reserve ?
- Holding client funds to earn interest ?
- Legit investigations by a third party (bank, police, tax authority..) ?

As long as we don't see any stats from MtGox, we don't know if 3% or 15% of Gox's customers are affected by the withdrawal issues.

At this point, the quickest way to convert mtGox USD to money in your bank account seems to be trading the MtGox redeemable codes.
Frankie

Activity: 206

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 11:27:53 PM

As long as we don't see any stats from MtGox, we don't know if 3% or 15% of Gox's customers are affected by the withdrawal issues.

It appears to be close to 100%, no?  Has anyone had a speedy withdrawal from Mt.Gox?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 11:34:48 PM

Glad to buy or sell MT GOX USD CODE if anyone would like expedite the transfer.

Dwolla
ING p2p
Western Union p2p
Chase QuickPay
Paypal

Thx.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: