Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:29:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] is intersango.com robbing my money ????  (Read 2453 times)
jadokus123 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 05:00:01 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2012, 04:50:17 PM by psy

Hello,

I have an account at intersango.com. for 4  months.
i did some payments before withouth any problems.

on July 16th 2012 a want to transfer 29.5555 bitcoins (200 eur) to a bitcoin-adres on a silkroad account.
That transaction was not successful but they did write it off my intersango.com-account.

so i have been in contact with intersango.com, he said that there are technical faults  in there system,
he said, if I gave the transaction data/request ID, he will sort it out.

A minute later, i got another message from intersango.com that they will close my account because it is illegal to transfer money to silkroad.

I have never known that it was illegal to mention silkroad, otherwise I would not do that.

after that I have several times try to contact intersango.com but they fail to respond back!
the last respons from intersango.com was on the 18th of july.

intersango.com got my 29.5555 bitcoins and i want it back!

What should I do now Huh

somebody ?

regards ben.

ps, sorry, my english is not very good, i am from holland.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wheeler

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 05:55:03 PM

I'd just be patient for now.  I've found them to be very reliable guys, but you probably did put them in a tough situation by mentioning the silk road transfer.  Now they are aware that it is almost certainly for illegal purposes, and as a company trying to legitimise bitcoin, you've put them in a bind.

Give them time, I'm sure they will respond soon enough.
VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 06:11:39 PM

Hello,

I have an account at intersango.com. for 4  months.

on July 16th 2012 a want to transfer 29.5555 bitcoins (200 eur) to a bitcoin-adres on a silkroad account.
That transaction was not successful but they did write it off my intersango.com-account.

so i have been in contact with intersango.com, he said that there are technical faults  in there system,

A minute later, i got another message from intersango.com that they will close my account because it is illegal to transfer money to silkroad.

I have never known that it was illegal to mention silkroad, otherwise I would not do that.

after that I have several times try to contact intersango.com but they fail to respond back!

What should I do now Huh

somebody ?

regards ben.

Contact them again and try to solve this matter in private for a week.
But if there's no response, you should post this in Trading Discussion, maybe you'll get bigger exposure.

Discussion about doing business with Bitcoin. Best trading practices, delivery methods etc. Scamming accusations also go here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0

Post screenshot, chat log, email log, everything you can provide there.

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 06:15:19 PM

I'd just be patient for now.  I've found them to be very reliable guys, but you probably did put them in a tough situation by mentioning the silk road transfer.  Now they are aware that it is almost certainly for illegal purposes, and as a company trying to legitimise bitcoin, you've put them in a bind.

If they've assumed it's illegal for everyone just because it's illegal in some places, they are untrustworthy idiots.
If they froze your account because you transferred to Silk Road, please let us know.
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 06:16:47 PM

Some time ago there was a guy in identical situation like yours, and I think Intersango seized his funds and closed his account citing their TOS that forbids you from doing anything illegal (which is dumb, sending money to SR is not illegal). I can't remember how it resolved in the end though.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 06:17:13 PM

Hello,

I have an account at intersango.com. for 4  months.

so i have been in contact with intersango.com, he said that there are technical faults  in there system,

What should I do now Huh

somebody ?

regards ben.

silkroad address'es are anonymous and not recycled

there is no way they could have known that address belonged to silkroad UNLESS you paniced and told them as soon as the coin didnt show up (SR transfers can take a couple of hours to appear )

next time ,transfer to your own wallet first ,then silk road Cheesy
jadokus123 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 07:27:09 PM

If they've assumed it's illegal for everyone just because it's illegal in some places, they are untrustworthy idiots.
If they froze your account because you transferred to Silk Road, please let us know.
hello jwzguy,

they didnt froze my account yet, i can still login.

but they simpley dont reply when i contact them and i want my 200 euro,s back !

i accept it if they want to close my account, no problem,  but they have to refund my 200 euro,s !

now i gott the feeling they are robbing me.

regards,   ben.
wheeler

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 07:28:48 PM

I totally understand that not everything on Silk road is illegal in every jurisdiction etc., but putting myself in their shoes, by being vigilant/proactive against such (direct) transfers, they are taking away the "drugs/guns" bullet that many a politician/regulator would love to shoot them with.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 07:30:50 PM

Mmhh aren't they involved in the bitcoinica "thing"?  Roll Eyes suspect...

jadokus123 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 07:37:48 PM

hi wheeler,

i know now, it wasnt smart to mention silkroad,
but i really didnt know it was ilegal.

i will give all the time of the world, no problem,  but they have to reply !
if they dont reply i get a bad feeling, do u know what i mean ?

they may close my account and dont do business whit me anymore,
but they must refund my 200 euro,s !

regards ben.
flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 07:43:49 PM

I'm currently thinking about which exchange to use, too. Intersango would have been quite a good choice, if that bitcoinica drama hadn't been. I think it's best to avoid intersango currently until the dust among bitcoinica has settled?
jadokus123 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 07:46:04 PM

I totally understand that not everything on Silk road is illegal in every jurisdiction etc., but putting myself in their shoes, by being vigilant/proactive against such (direct) transfers, they are taking away the "drugs/guns" bullet that many a politician/regulator would love to shoot them with.

hi,

i tought it was never possible to link a bitcoinadress on silkroad ?

i mean, they cant proof by seeing the bitcoinadress, that its a bitcoinadress from silkroad ?

or am i wrong ?
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 08:05:11 PM

What he wants to do with his bitcoins is up to him and if intersango want to act like holier than thou(which would be funny considering their thieving results of bitcoinica) then they should just payout the bitcoins to the user and refuse dealing with the person thereafter.

Simply being allowed to close accounts and keep the money/bitcoins IS THEFT no matter how you want to look at it.

Do yourself a favour and read the everything about intersango/bitcoin consultancy/bitcoinica and when/if intersango return your coins simply never ever deal with these crooks again.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 08:20:43 PM

What he wants to do with his bitcoins is up to him and if intersango want to act like holier than thou(which would be funny considering their thieving results of bitcoinica) then they should just payout the bitcoins to the user and refuse dealing with the person thereafter.

Simply being allowed to close accounts and keep the money/bitcoins IS THEFT no matter how you want to look at it.

Do yourself a favour and read the everything about intersango/bitcoin consultancy/bitcoinica and when/if intersango return your coins simply never ever deal with these crooks again.
Couldn't agree more.
smithy

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 08:52:35 PM

Tough luck junkie.
jadokus123 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 08:57:53 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2012, 09:11:00 PM by jadokus123

Tough luck junkie.
thank you smithy, your to kind Smiley, maybe is drugs not the only thing you can buy on sr.
how old are you ?

regards ben.
jadokus123 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 09:34:55 PM

hi.

i got a message from intersango.com.

i think its going to be allright now, ill just have to wait for a few days.
i am a little bit reliefd now.

regards ben.

ps.....here is the message that intersango.com sent me ;

July 21, 2012, 9:15 p.m. Donald

ATTN ADMIN - #31459

Hi,

We were having issues earlier in the week with our backend bitcoind. While we temporarily were able to solve the problem we later realised it was a problem that required a new hardware configuration to be permanently solve.

The new hardware has been procured and the issue was solved early yesterday. We now have to manually process the effected transfers that were not sent during that time.

Please allow some time for our administrator to resolve the issue.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 11:39:57 PM

hi.

regards ben.

ATTN ADMIN - #31459

Hi,

We were having issues earlier in the week with our backend bitcoind. While we temporarily were able to solve the problem we later realised it was a problem that required a new hardware configuration to be permanently solve.

The new hardware has been procured and the issue was solved early yesterday. We now have to manually process the effected transfers that were not sent during that time.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango

I hope you get your funds but what Intersango says and what Intersango does is two galaxies apart.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
jadokus123 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 10:31:36 AM

yesss, Smiley Smiley Smiley

problem resolved,

intersango completed the transaction.

thanks everybody for the input here Smiley.

kind regards, ben.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:40:28 PM

hi.

regards ben.

ATTN ADMIN - #31459

Hi,

Sincerely,
Team Intersango

I hope you get your funds but what Intersango says and what Intersango does is two galaxies apart.

Things are NOT running smoothly at intersango ,i am waiting on my GBP deposit to be credited to my account since friday .........(4 days from one uk bank to another )

Hi,

We have been having some difficulties with our UK bank which has been delaying some payments and as a result of a technical error on their end we have not been able to send out payments for the past 2 days. We are expecting these issues to be resolved on Monday.

We know that this inconveniences many people and would like to apologise. While we have a couple incidents with our bank (due to technical problems on our bank's end) we have been working to decrease the resolution time of such issues.

Metro bank has been very supportive of us and despite these issues they have provided a much better service and we have had far less down time in the past two months then ever in our history. We have been told that we will not experience an unexpected and unexplained closure and we have no longer had to spend fortunes or spend hours a week on the phone and have multiple week long issues. With previous banks we were lucky to simply get responses. These banking issues are part of the reason we feel so strong about bitcoin in the first place.

Due to the support of Metro bank Intersango has finally been able to support its staff and has no fear about it's future. Again we are sorry for the inconveniences but I assure you that we are doing everything we can.

All payment Inquiry tickets will be left open and dealt with when this issue is resolved (hopefully Monday)

Sincerely,
Team Intersango

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: