Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:11:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beheadings and Bitcoin  (Read 3706 times)
Dondie (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

HUKOM BITAY! ✝✝✝

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:47:12 AM

After the beheading of American Journalist, European Journalist, now Japanese national

ISIS is  currently raising funds through Bitcoin http://bit.ly/1x0qDBU

Well, I know for a fact what bitcoin can do for us, but will it help ISIS destroy US? Should Bitcoin regulated for this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:52:40 AM

Well, I know for a fact what bitcoin can do for us, but will it help ISIS destroy US? Should Bitcoin regulated for this?

What the fuck? 

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Dondie (OP)

HUKOM BITAY! ✝✝✝

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:37:08 AM

What the fuck? 

Why? What did I say?

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:45:26 AM

Bitcoin is money, and money is just a tool. Money by itself has no morality and no sides.

If ISIS succeeds in whatever ISIS is doing it will not be because of the currency of their choice.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Dondie (OP)

HUKOM BITAY! ✝✝✝

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:49:09 AM

Bitcoin is money, and money is just a tool. Money by itself has no morality and no sides.

If ISIS succeeds in whatever ISIS is doing it will not be because of the currency of their choice.

But to raise funds, they use Bitcoin.

Bitcoin will be in the limelight negatively... again.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:50:14 AM

Don't say the 'eye cist' or 'ell quado' words online unless you want to be on the "watch" list. If you hear a knock on the door soon its probably some dudes in suits driving big black suvs.

Ok. So I watch too much tv.

Seriously though, key words will bring them to look at this page.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:59:39 AM

since they are in control of most the oil wells in syria and iraq its been estimated they are making 1-3 million dollars a DAY selling oil on the black market

this revenue has NOTHING to do with bitcoin

if anyone in the west is stupid enough to send btc to an ISIS address they will probably get a visit from a swat team shortly after so i wouldnt worry about more FUD in the news
Dondie (OP)

HUKOM BITAY! ✝✝✝

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 04:06:26 AM

since they are in control of most the oil wells in syria and iraq its been estimated they are making 1-3 million dollars a DAY selling oil on the black market

if anyone in the west is stupid enough to send btc to an ISIS address they will probably get a visit from a swat team shortly after so i wouldnt worry about more FUD in the news

Oh.. I thought you can deal anonymously through bitcoin?

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 04:08:26 AM

you need to do some more reading my old chum..............its not quite as simple as that
freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 04:43:09 AM

No need for organized regulation when companies and software like is present in the market:

http://www.coindesk.com/bonafide-raises-850k-build-reputation-system-bitcoin/

gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:32:05 AM

... but will it help ISIS destroy US? ...

really? did fox news tell you that?
do you know what it would take to 'destroy the US'? even if every army in the whole world joined forces to attack the US, the US is still the superior power and is likely to win. Not clear a cut unscathed win obviously, but is almost certainly the favorite to have the last person standing.

ISIS, probably dont even have the capacity to take down some of the police forces in the US, nevermind 'destroy the US'. True, they could carry out a 911 style attack, but if they did i think the US response would render them inoperable. whats taking so long now is the lack of political will to go at them 'hard', the concern for innocent victims and the lack of a simple identifiable target.

what any of this has to do with bitcion (even if ISIS or any criminal/terrorist uses it) is 0, just sensationalist nonsense.

ISIS use toyota jeeps too, should we do something with toyota about that?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:26:48 PM

Did you actually read the article?
It's pure speculation that IS is using Bitcoin.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 06:40:53 PM

Bitcoin is in the limelight of negativity everytime, no matter what. If it goes up, its a bubble, if it crashes, its a ponzi.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:18:23 PM

careful of the news it is full of propaganda

anything bitcoin is used for illegally is the same for money in fact money is the first choice then any other currency to help with the cause.

bitcoin is not anonymous as in you cannot hide your transactions it is all on the blockchain

again be careful of the media do your own research

Grin
LeMiner

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:20:03 PM

The most used currency for drugs and terrorism is still (and will continue to be) the US dollar.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:38:19 PM

After the beheading of American Journalist, European Journalist, now Japanese national

AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:45:07 PM

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
axel2078

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:50:28 PM

... but will it help ISIS destroy US? ...

really? did fox news tell you that?
do you know what it would take to 'destroy the US'? even if every army in the whole world joined forces to attack the US, the US is still the superior power and is likely to win. Not clear a cut unscathed win obviously, but is almost certainly the favorite to have the last person standing.

That's pretty naive.  We aren't the super force we once were and being the most hated nation doesn't help matters.

ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:54:44 PM

Now we just wait for the Bitcoin address for ISIS to be related to Gox and BitStamp, then we will have come full circle and we can all just leave.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:59:00 PM

And this is a bad thing?

All a three-letter agency has to do is make a small handful of donations and track the coins. Voilà! An ISIS BBQ.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: