Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:05:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi is among us  (Read 3179 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 11:28:14 PM

Of course he is!

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:21:20 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 04:20:27 PM by Billbags

I actually mentioned Satoshi being skynet before. Satoshi its a self programmed AI that can generate genius stuff such as blockchain.

Bitcoin is only general AI for now.

Smart contracts are single-minded even for (AI)'s; while some may have very advanced pattern recognition or legal thinking modules the "only" thing they care about is performing their contractual function. They might know major secrets, but if they are written to be quiet about certain aspects, they will remain quiet no matter what.

It can reach the point where your own pc, house, car or phone might be hired by a contract to check certain information. A high tech "wire tap" investigation of sorts built into the agreement of the contract. This would occur when the contract has started to think one of the parts is doing advanced cheating that it cannot detect online.

With respect to strong AI, Nick Szabo(as you can read in his blogs) is very close to the problem, and that's the issue. Like any good engineer/scientist, he sees problems everywhere. Yes, there are many problems before we get to strong AI. That's not news. There were many problems to resolve before people could pay a small sum of money and let a giant metal tube take them through the air to a destination halfway round the world without killing them - but those problems got resolved, one by one. Many problems do not amount to an impossibility, only a damn hard problem (which we knew strong AI was anyway).

You do see a lot of it in books and movies, some very well thought. Referring back to Nicks blogs, his other assertion, that the concept of the singularity is mostly a fantasy, Nick's main argument is that the singularity will only last "for a time", and that it will turn into a classic S-curve. He waves Feynman's name around as supporting evidence, but does not address the fact that intelligence (and artificial intelligence in particular) is not subject to the Malthusian laws which have caused other phenomena to follow S-curves. Yes, we only have access to so many particles, but the whole point of exponential AI is figuring out better ways to use the same number of particles. There may be a theoretical limit to how efficiently we can use those particles, but even so there are a lot of particles, and if we can manufacture even just human-equivalent computing matter in factories, that's already enough to achieve a singularity.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 07:26:20 AM

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:49:20 AM

It would be funny if we all eventually find out Satoshi's identity and it was nothing like anyone expected: I.E. not asian, not male
I don't think many people think he is Asian, more likely a Brit.

Satoshi Nakamoto Exposed

nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 02:29:00 PM

It would be funny if we all eventually find out Satoshi's identity and it was nothing like anyone expected: I.E. not asian, not male

What if he's not human?? there is already speculation on whether he is from the future or not..but even this is possible.!
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 02:51:13 PM

I'm British.  How would I know if I was Satoshi?  Does he have any distinguishing marks?
Yep instread of the india red marks above nose he has bitcoin logo there.

He also have a moustache like Hitler.

and he has a lot of gray in his hair.

selavy59

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:10:14 PM

I heard he was running a car wash just off the A20 here in the UK.
Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:22:07 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto Exposed

We never know Cheesy
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:09:31 PM

This was actually pretty funny...It didnt click until i read the the Sarah Connor part.
Well played

Don't get me wrong, I understand Bitcoin with smart contracts would only be general AI, the "Chinese Room" type but it is still is the foundation for the beginning of strong AI.

The Singularity (Strong AI):

The human brain doesn't need to build a smarter brain. It just needs to build something of equivalent smartness (which should be theoretically possible, there's no reason to believe the human brain is the upper bound for all generalised reasoning ability) on a substrate like silicon which is subject to Moore's Law (and thus gets inherently faster with time) and which is immortal and duplicable.

Build 1 functioning brain in silicon, and:

- 18 months later you can build one that's twice as fast using the same principles

- duplicate this brain and get the power of multiple people thinking together (but with greater bandwidth between them than any human group)

- run this brain for 100 years and get an older intellectually functioning human than has ever existed before

- duplicate whatever learning this brain has accumulated over 100 years (which, say, brings to the level of an Einstein) as many times as you have physical resources for (so, clone Einstein)
All those are paths to super-human AI from the production of a human-intelligence brain in a non-biological form.

So, if a human brain can make a computer brain, which is a reasonable assumption, then a human brain can make a brain smarter than itself.

Building a human brain in a non-biological substrate is not a miracle. It would be a miracle in the same way that transistors and penicillin are, not in the way that Jesus' resurrection is. I.e., a fantastic, happy, unlikely but possible event that will change the world for the better.

We know that human brains can be built in some way: we have the evidence for that claim inside billions of skulls. The question is then not to push the theoretical boundaries of computational capability beyond some theoretical level - but merely to achieve it again artificially.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:56:21 PM

Satoshi is an alien/ET and when he returns rides on his ship will cost 10 BTC, so make sure you have enough!

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:25:51 PM

I know bitcoin is created by 2 people: an American and an Englishman.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:28:10 PM

I know bitcoin is created by 2 people: an American and an Englishman.
How r u so sure of it?
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1122

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:30:47 PM

What if he's not human?? there is already speculation on whether he is from the future or not..but even this is possible.!

America has been discriminating against its Sasquatch minority for ages now.  They're living here undocumented and can't even get work permits or social security services.  But every last one of them was born in the USA, to parents born in the USA, and they ought to be treated as citizens!

Some say it's their own fault for not getting on board with the peace treaties as other native tribes did.  But, honestly  that was a century ago!  Can't we let bygones be bygones and welcome our native sons?

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:12:36 AM

It's time for this guy to get some responsability and come out of the closet as Nakamoto, then run for president of the USA.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:59:06 AM

He is probably dead, but his coins are a cancer on Bitcoin.

It is the one mistake he has made not resolving the issue of his million coins.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:49:26 AM

It isnt really a problem, its their coins he can do whatever, and there are enough coins for everyone anyway.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:08:50 AM

maybe he is present among us in this forum, perhaps the admin, maybe the owner, may only members, and perhaps he is leave a comment here .. anything is possible Smiley
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:17:43 AM

He probably wanted a nice round 20 million bitcoins, so he mined the first million into a bit bucket.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
finlon

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:22:10 AM

He probably wanted a nice round 20 million bitcoins, so he mined the first million into a bit bucket.

The early adopters probably earned much more than that. He would easily have gone for around 200 Million.

I still don't understand, why he doesn't want to comeback in now.

Coinna

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:47:29 AM

Does it matter ? He has done what he wanted to and could. And he is doing what he wants to and can. Time to respect his privacy friends. If his privacy wasn't so important to him he should be replying to this post. But he never did, right?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: