Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you leaving?  (Read 2024 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 12:58:19 PM

Here are some people telling us about their departure:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34724.0
I have been warning you tards long enough. When will you learn?
For like 2 months I have been warning many of you that the price will fall and that you should sell your bitcoins. Even during the recent run to $8.70

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=26738.0
Saying goodbye!
I must admit that some of my posts here were a deliberate attempt to drive down Bitcoin's exchange rate...It was because I thought the current value (under $10) hinders proper development of what a decentralized currency could have been.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92424.0
Why bitcoin is in big trouble and is ultimately doomed!
I dont expect bitcoin to even survive 6 months, at least not if you expect the coins to be worth anything or to be traded in any substantial amounts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108333.0
My response to the community
I'll be seriously looking at my life and exiting from the community with my sincerest apologies.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76322.0
A letter to the community from Matthew N. Wright
It has been a very fun run, lots of juice scandals, nerd gossip, name calling, and even the SA trolls have provided me with some epic laughs, but I think for the betterment of my future, the magazine's future, and Bitcoin's future, I will be retiring as forum troll.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309409.0
Bye bye bitcoin
My last bitcoin finally sold! It's a relief. Bitcoin is doomed to fail.

That last one was October 11, 2013...Bitcoin price was $125

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:02:52 PM

From the people I know no one is even considering leaving Bitcoin.

The only people who are leaving are just upset that they lost money.
Skeksis

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:16:06 PM

We cannot be too harsh on people wanting to leave. Some people are just weak hands and are not cut out for the life of a bitcoiner. We also must remember that the guy who started this left a very long time ago  Wink.

Here are some people telling us about their departure:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76322.0
A letter to the community from Matthew N. Wright
It has been a very fun run, lots of juice scandals, nerd gossip, name calling, and even the SA trolls have provided me with some epic laughs, but I think for the betterment of my future, the magazine's future, and Bitcoin's future, I will be retiring as forum troll.

Trolls never leave. He's probably still amongst us (and maybe so is satoshi).  Cheesy.
12345mm

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:22:54 PM

well ... year + long loosing market ... hundreds or thousands of thefts and "hacks" ... dropping in price from a completely artificial high of 1200 perpetrated by mtgox using a *billion* fake dollars to jack the price through the sky and rob the planet of 650,000 btc ... and prior to that basically 0 mainstream news or mass adoption was occurring outside of the silk road (used entirely for illegal black market purposes) means that the vast majority of people involved in bitcoin from mid 2013 onwards to today have either lost up to 80something% of their initial investment , or been outright robbed for 100% of their money ... soooo the masses of people who were needed for wide scale adoption to occur have been fucked over fucked over and then fucked over again ... who isn't leaving or wanting to leave if only they could get their money back ?

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 01:53:43 PM

It's ok to leave Bitcoin.  It'd be quite maniacal and borderline obsessive to check the price, chart, news, your wallet balance constantly.

What's not ok though, is leaving and never coming back.   Cool

Who doesn't leave gold bars in the safe, their diamonds locked up in a chest, their bank account or Paypal balanced unchecked for a couple days, weeks, months...

Leaving is perfectly okay...as long as you have your wallet backed up when you ultimately return. Wink

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 02:12:44 PM

Did you see someone who is leaving Bitcoin? I mean dropping out from Bitcoin.

I did, recently I saw two persons who are leaving Bitcoin, they wrote down what they experienced, One of them said he had thinking this for whole night,and finally decided to leave: sell all the coins and withdraw the deposit,he is tired of watching the price all the day.

The other one said he is a innocent student and made some money from Bitcoin including Alts IPO, Trading, BTT accounts business. He wrote down the whole experience in Bitcoin,But now,he said he want to fall back, frauds from community are boring him,so he decided to leave.

I fell a lot of regrets,after reading their story, are the number of people of the community is falling? Bitcoin is a letdown for some people?

That's not impact to btc price. Maybe they are just one person with 2 accounts Roll Eyes
And they just leaving on the forum maybe they still use btc now.

Probably..I dont really care that ppl leaving BTC..My plan is to make ppl adopt it..those ppl who have never heard of it or heard of the upsides of BTC. There might be few ppl leaving but I think BTC is just getting started..! Wink
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 05:26:38 PM

I did, recently I saw two persons who are leaving Bitcoin, they wrote down what they experienced, One of them said he had thinking this for whole night,and finally decided to leave: sell all the coins and withdraw the deposit,he is tired of watching the price all the day.

The other one said he is a innocent student and made some money from Bitcoin including Alts IPO, Trading, BTT accounts business. He wrote down the whole experience in Bitcoin,But now,he said he want to fall back, frauds from community are boring him,so he decided to leave.

I fell a lot of regrets,after reading their story, are the number of people of the community is falling? Bitcoin is a letdown for some people?

yep, pretty much. it is dying. well.....except the 150.000 users on reddit.

@Elwar

Gold.  Cheesy

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:58:57 PM

Thousands of people are getting retired every day. They quit their working life, and nobody's complaining or wondering anything about it.
Coming and going, starting and stopping, that's just life.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:06:01 PM

Can someone write a poem about Bitcoin?

"Ode to the Hashrate" or something like that...

There once were two men from Nantucket,
Who kept all their coins in a bucket,
They bitched about math and said f$*% it.
The rest of us said they can suck it.

this belongs in Best Of BitcoinTalk That is why I quoted it.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:15:25 PM

Bitcoin is not a community, it is a currency. It is math.

If you were looking for something more from math like companionship you are not getting in the real world, you are in the wrong place.

Maybe you should go to a liberal community like moveon or huffingtonpost where people will give you kudos or pats on the back. Or stick with Facebook and accumulate many 'Likes'. They will be worth a lot some day.

Bitcoin operates around a community of people who find utility in it.  Don't underestimate the community aspect, without it, there is nothing Wink
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 06:37:02 PM

If little girls cannot hack the pressure of making money and being behind tech that gives a chance of freedom, then they will not be missed as they like being controlled.

They will be back though without a doubt in my mind and probably gutted when they do for obvious reasons

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:56:55 PM

If little girls cannot hack the pressure of making money and being behind tech that gives a chance of freedom, then they will not be missed as they like being controlled.

They will be back though without a doubt in my mind and probably gutted when they do for obvious reasons

"chance of freedom" ? what freedom? I saw many people from here who said "hurrah !" to Coinbase regulation/ Even this "regulation" will report them to IRS.

I saw people who "salute" the gather an island (same as "Bilderberg) EVEN the BTC hard core was fighting against "Bilderberg" and globalization Smiley

So, there is a LOT of hypocrisy here. Let's say it straight: nobody cares and don't give a shit on BTC. Everybody wants quick money and nothing more Smiley

Otherwise you would invest in decentralized services and you won't use shit exchanges like Coinbase, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, BTC-China of whose shareholders are the SAME people !
nextblast

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:38:48 AM

Yes I saw some friends left the community, but in general people left bitcoin world << people flow in bitcoin world
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:56:44 AM

Im staying. The best is to come. When people start leaving in despair they start missing the good shit.
nikona

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:02:45 AM

I have been in to Bitcoins for more than 3 years now. Yes... I have seen people leaving... but it was mostly as a result of being conned or having their coins stolen.

Same here. heard people leave because they had their coins stolen, but no one because of the price swings.

I still dont know how ppl r getting their coins stolen.. Use offline wallets guys..if u have a big amount of money.!
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:26:04 AM

Why would people leave when Bitcoin is cheap! (Kidding, guys Tongue ). Anyway, I'm kinda exploring options right now.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:36:37 PM

I have been in to Bitcoins for more than 3 years now. Yes... I have seen people leaving... but it was mostly as a result of being conned or having their coins stolen.

Same here. heard people leave because they had their coins stolen, but no one because of the price swings.

I still dont know how ppl r getting their coins stolen.. Use offline wallets guys..if u have a big amount of money.!

It depends on the number of transactions you make per day.
Using offline wallets can be painful if there are a lot of transactions to be processed.

ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:21:29 PM

If people were leaving they would just leave. Something tells me that for those that do leave or get out now they'll regret doing so in the future. T?hat is up to them, though.

haha yeah right and I am sure they will come back after seeing bitcoin prices rose to $ 1,000 haha

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:36:19 PM

It depends on the number of transactions you make per day.
Using offline wallets can be painful if there are a lot of transactions to be processed.

I like to do some moves weekly in the market and its really really annoying having to go to my bitcoin qt wallet and get my coins back to an exchange everytime i want to invest, but its the secure way, no way im leaving my coins at an exchange.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 05:44:40 PM

I like to do some moves weekly in the market and its really really annoying having to go to my bitcoin qt wallet and get my coins back to an exchange everytime i want to invest, but its the secure way, no way im leaving my coins at an exchange.

Your Bitcoin QT wallet should be for your spending money...not your savings.

Keep your savings in cold storage.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: