Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:22:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spreadcoin Scam alert!!!  (Read 5642 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mstang83

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:44:20 PM

Another reason is that if you keep solo mining and mining to one address and never receive or send coins,your address is hiden from BE.
BE will never detect such an address.

I just checked my solo mining address that I have never sent or received from and every mined block shows up in the blockchain. Isn't that how the blockchain is suppose to work? If a person can manipulate the blockchain, then the blockchain technology is broken.

horizontalcareer (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:19:25 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 05:32:02 PM by horizontalcareer

Another reason is that if you keep solo mining and mining to one address and never receive or send coins,your address is hiden from BE.
BE will never detect such an address.

I just checked my solo mining address that I have never sent or received from and every mined block shows up in the blockchain. Isn't that how the blockchain is suppose to work? If a person can manipulate the blockchain, then the blockchain technology is broken.
Could you please tell me your address ? I want to check it by myself.

Hatch

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:17:00 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 06:36:52 AM by Hatch

(Yawn) Do you have something new to point out?

Spread isn't Sync, and there are at least TWO DIFFERENT Spreadcoin block explorers linked on the OP.

And my quote from earlier should still address your top 100 holdings theory...

LOL!!!
If that is your main criteria for being a "ponzi shitcoin", PLEASE pass me some o' that top 5, $15,000,000 market cap, XPY ponzi shit?!?!?!
 Cheesy

NEXT...
horizontalcareer (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:08:53 PM

It seems more and more people aware of this scam.The price is falling down.

Hatch

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:30:46 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 05:44:58 PM by Hatch

It seems more and more people aware of this scam.The price is falling down.

LOL what scam? Regardless, I'd be fine with a little lower price for awhile. Maybe big farms go somewhere else for a bit! Grin
usairx

Activity: 206

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:41:40 AM

I already own some BTC, much more in value than I do in anything else.
So, I'm trying to diversify a little, that's all.
I thought about putting some into SPREAD, but then these facts weigh into my decision
horizontalcareer (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:13:35 AM

I already own some BTC, much more in value than I do in anything else.
So, I'm trying to diversify a little, that's all.
I thought about putting some into SPREAD, but then these facts weigh into my decision
Tens of my relevant posts ware deleted . Sad Sad Sad

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 09:14:33 AM

What ”facts”? Look closely and you'll find that the hysterical shrieks are from sockpuppets conducting a tactical FUD campaign.

Cheers

Graham
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 05:19:26 PM

While some of the evidence is circumstantial, you must admit, it is pretty damning.

- Mr. DRKclone easymined over 80k during the first month. (Too bad he didn't lose SPR's original code instead. Roll Eyes Tongue )

- 400 66 coin SPR blocks were flashmined during the first 65 minutes after launch and the difficulty barely budged. If this was a minting/difficulty exploit, there are likely other flashmines hidden thoughout the blockchain.

Btw, did you see him lose his wallet.dat ?

Was he using his hard drive as a door stop ?

Did the dog eat it ?

Was it used as ass wipe ?

Did he enable TRIM on his hard drive so he could test if it actually worked ? eg. make deleted data unrecoverable.

Every single altcoin in history with PoW was mined by the devs. The difference is, this one wasn't dumped and forgotten. There are 1,779,378 SPR minted to this moment and you guys bitch about 80-90k coins. That's 5% of all the coins (it will be ~4.3% in a month). I'd say that amount isn't posing any danger. From the hundreds of DRK clones this one at least made the effort of having a custom algo, come up with a method that seemingly renders pool mining worthless and working on having improved masternodes.

Did you mean 15% ? And even that is a conservative guess. Or lets try a more accurate number like.. 50-60% of the coins owned by just a handful of people.

Custom crippled algo is more like it.

Okay, you should not be allowed to use the terms "crippled algo" or "crippled miner" unless and until someone who knows their shit backs you up Tongue

I know my shit and I am backing myself up. Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=821738.msg9404892#msg9404892

As you can see with my neo-scrypt .conf mod success story, the miners were set up from every conceivable angle.

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:52:16 PM

HA, called this shit awhile ago

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:03:33 AM

So how would y'all feel about a coin that launched with nothing but a daemon and a GUI client that knows how to mine?  And a dev that really and truly doesn't give a shit about making money?  Seriously, consider a dev who doesn't give a shit about exchanges, market valuation, reddit channels, social media, promotion, getting the credit, and doesn't even have any apparent interest in making money?  What if he also didn't give a shit about GPU miners, block chain explorers, etc, except to politely thank anyone who created one?

'Cause I think that's what Bitcoin was around 2009.   Sure, Satoshi mined the hell out of it - probably owns about a million coins or a little more.  But he didn't give a shit about selling them for money.  He cared about securing the blockchain. It's six years later, and not only did Satoshi never pump and dump, he never sold a single coin as far as anyone can tell.

The difference between that kind of launch and a typical altcoin launch is absolutely stunning.

BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 12:39:19 PM

So how would y'all feel about a coin that launched with nothing but a daemon and a GUI client that knows how to mine?  And a dev that really and truly doesn't give a shit about making money?  Seriously, consider a dev who doesn't give a shit about exchanges, market valuation, reddit channels, social media, promotion, getting the credit, and doesn't even have any apparent interest in making money?  What if he also didn't give a shit about GPU miners, block chain explorers, etc, except to politely thank anyone who created one?

'Cause I think that's what Bitcoin was around 2009.   Sure, Satoshi mined the hell out of it - probably owns about a million coins or a little more.  But he didn't give a shit about selling them for money.  He cared about securing the blockchain. It's six years later, and not only did Satoshi never pump and dump, he never sold a single coin as far as anyone can tell.

The difference between that kind of launch and a typical altcoin launch is absolutely stunning.

You actually hit the nail on the head there +1

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:14:31 AM

this seems relevant now. lol... bump
dinu108

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:47:09 AM

Wait what happened to spreadcoin? why the sudden dump?

Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:14:08 PM

Wait what happened to spreadcoin? why the sudden dump?

eh, just the wallet with 40% of circulation dumped 6% of its assets today. I wasn't here to see how that wallet accumulated that 40% so I can't say much of it being a scam, but the original poster here was claiming that there was an exploit that the dev had which involved instamining. Super interesting. Goes to show you can't even trust legendary users sometimes.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: