Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:01:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghillie Suit  (Read 2449 times)
xDGDZEx (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:28:21 AM

I bought this a few years ago just for kicks, and while it was fun to scare people with, I haven't really used it. I'm moving to Oregon in two weeks and I really don't want to take it with me.

While functional, this suit is not top-shelf quality. It's three pieces: pants, jacket, and hood. The pants have a drawstring elastic waist and the jacket's sleeves are really long. So unless you are gargantuan, this will fit you. I'm 6' 160 and it was a bit roomy.

Price is 5 btc shipped to the US only. I won't ship to CA or INT, it's just too much hassle for this particular thing.

I have heat under xDGDZEx.

I'm on btc-otc, and I'm also willing to use an escrow service (I have used btcrow in the past and had good experiences).

Bonus Tip -> Great to scare cats with!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:32:29 AM

can this be washed/cleaned? I'm interested in buying this as long as it does not have your bodily fluids/odor all over it.
xDGDZEx (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:40:36 AM

Haha to tell you the truth I never wore it outside, and only half a dozen times. But I'll check to see if there are washing instructions.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:44:56 AM

I'd be interested as well, if it wasn't a little big on someone 6 feet tall.  I'm much smaller than that, and relatively skinny.  

EDIT:  You look like the Swamp Thing.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
xDGDZEx (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:46:55 AM

There are no washing instructions, but the liner is nylon as far as i can tell, and the outside is jute I believe. No reason it cant be washed, but I would do it by hand, because I have a feeling that a washing machine would rip a lot of the threads out. You could try turning it inside out before washing, which might help, but yeah.
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:48:07 AM

There are no washing instructions, but the liner is nylon as far as i can tell, and the outside is jute I believe. No reason it cant be washed, but I would do it by hand, because I have a feeling that a washing machine would rip a lot of the threads out. You could try turning it inside out before washing, which might help, but yeah.

If you wash it, I'll buy it. Motherfuckers will never find me with my anti glare scope and ghillie rifle kit
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:49:10 AM

If you wash it, I'll buy it. Motherfuckers will never find me with my anti glare scope and ghillie rifle kit

No defense against an infrared scope, though.

Or trained dogs.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

xDGDZEx (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:49:20 AM

I'd be interested as well, if it wasn't a little big on someone 6 feet tall.  I'm much smaller than that, and relatively skinny.  

EDIT:  You look like the Swamp Thing.

Yeah the sleeve length (aka the liner) is elastic and not too long, but the threads extend much farther than that, thus covering most of my hands. Long story short, it's going to be loose on most everyone, because that's how it was made.
xDGDZEx (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:50:48 AM

Ok, I'll wash it and let you know how it turns out  Cheesy

Also, it has a rifle covering
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 01:06:08 AM

Ok, I'll wash it and let you know how it turns out  Cheesy

Also, it has a rifle covering

is it built in to the suit or separate? pics?
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 01:06:40 AM

Or trained dogs.

not worried about trained dogs at 1000+ yds
xDGDZEx (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 01:33:54 AM

xDGDZEx (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 01:37:43 AM

Ok, so lolwut has first dibs, and I am washing it right now.
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 01:44:16 AM

Swa...swa... SWAMP MONSTER!!!

(Sorry for the lack of video, but there was no video that caught the entire Family Guy scene.)
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 01:58:19 AM

hell yeah.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:13:39 AM

Motherfuckers will never find me with my anti glare scope and ghillie rifle kit
inb4 "2012 lolwut attacks"
Mr. Coinman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:47:15 AM

Ghillie Suit? All I see is one gigantic nugget of weed...

lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 04:08:22 AM

Motherfuckers will never find me with my anti glare scope and ghillie rifle kit
inb4 "2012 lolwut attacks"

Grin
LD-ZOGY8

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 10:00:37 AM

...and I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you nosey kids!
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 01:47:53 PM

Or trained dogs.

not worried about trained dogs at 1000+ yds

Even if you can hit a stationary target at a klic, shooting at that distance has about a 2 second travel time, and real targets have a habit of staying in motion after the first shot.  Even professionals don't like to have to perform at that range.  And good luck hitting a dog at more than 100 yards.  Once that trained doberman where you are, you've got about ten seconds to hit him & his littermate before they are on you at a starting range of 100 yards, whether or not they are deliberately trained or just a feral pack.  Boast about your skills like that and I'm going to have to call bullsh*t.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: