Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:25:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dead chain on AntMinerS2?  (Read 1426 times)
audricd (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:01:57 PM

Hello.

Ive been using this S2 for a couple of weeks now. Very happy about it.. Until now. I was casually checking the admin web interface for temperatures, as I do everyday, and saw this:
http://s1.postimg.org/u5pikpl9r/screenshot_192_168_1_39_2015_02_05_22_23_34.png

A few minutes before that (unfortunately i dont have a screenshot for that) i could swear i saw the chain above that one with a status like ------x----x---x-- or something around those lines. inactive chips and 2 or 3 dead ones. Ive been resetting a few times the unit to check if by some miracle it would fix (ex windows user, still have that habit) but nein.

So, any thoughts? Has this happened to any of you before? Is there something that can be done?

Thanks.

MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:13:55 PM

If you could, please power the unit off. Open the cover, then reseat each Hashing PCB and the Control PCB to make sure.  Then power it back on and see if it fixes the issue.  May have to shut it down a few times.

if you are seeing some X's, it could be the firmware bugs but if it is completely gone or all ----- with 0 temperatue, power cycle has a chance of fixing it.

If not, please try to insert this trouble hashing PCB into a different slot and see if the whole -------- travel with the card or remain with the slot.  If it travel with the hashing PCB, we may be able to offer you the replacement Hashing PCB.  If it remains with the slot, then your backplain may be damaged

Hello.

Ive been using this S2 for a couple of weeks now. Very happy about it.. Until now. I was casually checking the admin web interface for temperatures, as I do everyday, and saw this:

A few minutes before that (unfortunately i dont have a screenshot for that) i could swear i saw the chain above that one with a status like ------x----x---x-- or something around those lines. inactive chips and 2 or 3 dead ones. Ive been resetting a few times the unit to check if by some miracle it would fix (ex windows user, still have that habit) but nein.

So, any thoughts? Has this happened to any of you before? Is there something that can be done?

Thanks.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
audricd (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:48:59 PM

thanks for the uber fast reply -i wish more companies had the same quality service..

so i followed your instructions, and i assumed by resetting while powered off you meant plug out and plug in again each board? thats what i did anyways and apparently that did the trick!

Im still puzzled about what did this? my unit does not move whatsoever so I do not understand how come plugging out and back solves anything? or is it a software bug that made a board not working and a manual intervention was required?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:16:45 AM

thanks for the uber fast reply -i wish more companies had the same quality service..

so i followed your instructions, and i assumed by resetting while powered off you meant plug out and plug in again each board? thats what i did anyways and apparently that did the trick!

Im still puzzled about what did this? my unit does not move whatsoever so I do not understand how come plugging out and back solves anything? or is it a software bug that made a board not working and a manual intervention was required?

the contacts are usually 'springy' so if for ay reason they stick and/or the board shift slightly, the connection may be lost. reseating helps get a new tight mating on the connectors

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
audricd (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:17:54 PM

I dont know if its the same "bug" or issue but something similar else happened:
the system detected 0 chains! That was quite a scare! But like last time, i unplugged and replug the main board and rebooted it. They all re appeared magically.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: