Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:00:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your picks for "sleeper" coins?  (Read 4893 times)
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 05:42:40 AM

Check VPN Coin

As a general rule, any coin not closely connected to a Gen 2.0 platform is a waste of time...
No standalone coin is gonna go to a serious market cap in 2015 (unless it has a REAL revenue stream from something).

But VPN has has some serious technology and, obviously, an Elite Dev...
That's why they were invited to join SuperNET along with other coins with Elite Devs like VRC and BBR and BTCD.

Notice the common thread: jl777 is stockpiling the rarest thing in crypto = Elite Devs.

Most "devs" here are cut-and-pasters or wallets wranglers with no meaningful development background...
You know, the guys that put blinking lights on wallets... that hype and fool the rubes every time.

There was an interview on soundcloud with this opal coin developer and the developer was like 10 years old..  Maybe there's some prodigy geniuses out there but I suspect, like the point you raised, there's a lot of copy and paste developers out there.

https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/4-jan-15-interview-with-whit#t=2:47

Whit will still be writing 1337 kodez when I am dead and buried from old age, so I'm not about to say anything bad about him  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:44:49 AM

Unobtanium, what else!?
It's a fuckin monster.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 05:45:31 AM

I think NEM is probably the best pick for the next big thing  Cheesy

There are many unique features that are new to NEM, such as:

- first use of Proof-of-Importance (PoI) as a consensus algorithm
- first use of eigentrust++ in a cryptocurrency for securing the P2P network
- encrypted messaging
- first use of remote (proxy) harvesting (harvesting is our analog of mining)
- first use of transaction spam protection
- first crypto with an address book on launch
- first crypto with multisig on launch
- first crypto with 1oz 999 pure silver coin to be minted at the Perth Mint, given to every stakeholder (along with matching assets, essentially creating a silver-backed currency in addition to the main currency, XEM)
- first crypto with an egalitarian distribution to over 1500 individuals
- 4 exchanges confirmed to add NEM at launch (BTER, Poloniex, Bittrex, and BTC38)
- NEM Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO; https://forum.nemcoin.com/ideas/nem-community-fund-(aka-nemtopia)/) for managing a community fund where everyone can vote and voting is based on importance scores (used as a part of PoI)
- open source client (https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient) and future open sourcing of the core server
- test-driven development with over 3000 unit tests in the core alone
- SHA3, curve Ed25519
- 60s block time with low variability due to a 60 block weighted, moving average
- progressive transaction fees

Additionally, more information can be found on our wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEM_-_New_Economy_Movement
and
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-cryptocurrency-doesnt-want-to-beat-bitcoin-it-wants-to-beat-the-economy

I'm one of the NEM devs, so I could be biased, so please read more and judge for yourself  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 06:03:43 AM

- encrypted messaging
- first crypto with 1oz 999 pure silver coin to be minted at the Perth Mint, given to every stakeholder (along with matching assets, essentially creating a silver-backed currency in addition to the main currency, XEM)
- 4 exchanges confirmed to add NEM at launch (BTER, Poloniex, Bittrex, and BTC38)
- NEM Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO; https://forum.nemcoin.com/ideas/nem-community-fund-(aka-nemtopia)/) for managing a community fund where everyone can vote and voting is based on importance scores (used as a part of PoI)
- open source client (https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient) and future open sourcing of the core server
- SHA3, curve Ed25519
- 60s block time with low variability due to a 60 block weighted, moving average

Additionally, more information can be found on our wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEM_-_New_Economy_Movement
and
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-cryptocurrency-doesnt-want-to-beat-bitcoin-it-wants-to-beat-the-economy

I'm one of the NEM devs, so I could be biased, so please read more and judge for yourself  Smiley

That is pretty historic.  I think soon people might just realize what they are looking at and just how different it is from the start to all other blockchains. 

MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:44:48 PM

kore

0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:23:40 PM

- encrypted messaging
- SHA3, curve Ed25519

and

+1
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:12:24 AM

NODE coin is starting to wake up.
MEPHuk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:25:46 AM

Holding some FTC, hoping it shoots up now that it is no longer shackled to BTC-E.

anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:09:47 AM

Xqn/myst.

twitter @antiiclimax
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:15:50 AM

nxt is going to be big contender this year compared to the other coins. its just waiting for that click event when someone decides to build a useful app on top of it.
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 11:00:45 AM

NEOS - Marketcap is a joke / syntaks best dev / php wallet basis for real world adaption

VIA - Peter Todd treechains FTW

and some coins I can`t talk about at the moment   Grin

ybcoin

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:39:59 PM

Though YBCoin already has the 16 spot on the market cap, I believe that once the English community engages the coin we will rise to a top 10 position.

Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:45:05 PM

My bet is on AppleByte, launched on May 1, 2014.The digital currency supporting the arts.

A real user community, 12,900+ on Twitter & 11,700+ on FB.
Currently rated number 5, on CoinGecko in terms of user community size and support.

Through the Twitter tipping app, launched two months ago, over 350 artists have been tipped more than 100,000 AppleBytes by their fans.
Just launched a new music download site, where you can buy music with applebytes.

Has strong industry recognition:

A nice twitter acknowledgement from a friend in NYC

GoCoin Chairman & Co-founder, Brock Pierce twitter acknowledgement

For success longterm a coin must have a real, growing user community, not just traders on an exchange.

AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

AppleByte (ABY) is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex

I am going to look into this coin thanks for the info it has alot of followers on twitter are they legit? lol

Will check facebook also and if it has a big following will be giving this some of my time it is so cheap  Shocked

EDIT: checked this coin on facebook has a really good following definitely worth a closer look

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
atlantic miner

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:44:54 AM

good idea to buy a couple hundred of each coin while they are cheap and just forget about them a few months at a time. sure fire investment strategy.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:00:48 PM

bitswift

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:21:25 PM

NEM will be amazing but I'm not sure whether it qualifies as a sleeper or not. Lots of people are giving it attention.

New coins should be more than just another one sitting there waiting to be pumped or murdered. The ones that'll surprise people are the ones working on real world applications far beyond this forum. There aren't very many.
One Six

Activity: 281

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:55:05 AM

Vericoin and Monero.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:09:47 PM

NXT,VTC and MYR

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:40:55 PM

What coins do you think have the potential to be huge, but have very little attention from the cryptocommunity as a whole?

People are going to respond telling you the coins they invested in usually for a short term profit.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 03:58:42 PM

I think the most promising of them all and one of few that could potentially outlive Bitcoin if the worst came to worst is Ripple. I very rarely hear people talk about XRP and up until recently I didn't think much of it myself. But after Googling around a bit, it seems to me that it's one of the most solid projects out there and it's quietly gaining ground.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: