Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:59:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Which BTC wallet are you using  (Read 51368 times)
compassion

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:08:03 AM

does anyone use/like bitcoinwallet.com?
moko666

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 04:12:28 AM

Just a question  Wink

Which BTC wallet  you are using?
coinbase , blockchain, btc-e, bittrex or any one else?
only blockchain is a wallet others are exchanges not wallet
i m using multibit. it fast, no need to download big blockchain and start easily
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:53:38 AM

i use blockchain wallet on my mobile for small amounts.
on my pc i use the latest bitcoin core. this is used to store my coins for a long time.
dsyahputera

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:42:59 AM

I don't, this is my first time hear that site.
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:36:39 PM

I don't, this is my first time hear that site.
me too. i wouldn't trust online wallets. there are lots of wallet thefts even with major online wallets such as blockchain.info. i'd recommend just an offline wallet on your pc, like electrum.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
BusyBeaverHP

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:01:11 PM

Reviews of wallets I've used in chronological order:

Coinbase: Started Feb 2014, after hearing from a friend about Mt. Gox's collapse. Wanted to get into bitcoins at its low point...

Good
+ Able to convert USD to BTC
+ Loads of features I haven't gotten around to fully appreciating
+ Good customer support
+ Also an exchange
+ Most trusted third-party wallet IMO

Bad
- Trusted third-party. It pretty obvious that Bitcoin's history of trusted third-parties makes a lot more sense when you add the prefix "un-" to the term. Let Coinbase be different.

Still in use?
YES, as one of the most trusted third-party wallet, an exchange, and loads of features I haven't gotten around to using, it's my go-to for purchasing large quantities of BTC.

Bitcoin QT: Started Feb 2014, after hearing from a friend about Mt. Gox's collapse. I might have bought a bit high, but I did my homework and concluded that I wanted to control my own private keys. Coinbase's coins lasted about 10 minutes after they were delivered and whisked away to QT.

Good
+ Full node
+ Vanilla wallet, easy to understand, simple to use
+ Non-deterministic keys

Bad
- Non-deterministic keys, no HD keys
- Full node eats up a lot of computing resources

Still in use?
YES, contributing to the network and my personal transactional security is two birds with one stone.

Mycelium: Started March 2014, wanted to trade bitcoins in person.

Good
+ Excellent, highly polished UI, simple to understand and easy to use

Bad
- Thin client with specialized servers means having to trust a relatively small set of nodes relative to the bitcoin network to relay transactions. A minor negative, nothing that would steal private keys.

Still in use?
YES, with excellent production value and ease of usage, Mycelium is my hot wallet.

Circle: Started July(?) 2014, despite all the flak that Jeremy Allaire's gotten from hyping Circle and his unpopular direction on bitcoin, Circle actually opened and I wanted to try out Coinbase's potential rival.

Good
+ The USD to BTC price has been, from my experience, always cheaper than Coinbase
+ Instantly purchase BTC via bank-linked account (Coinbase requires a Visa credit card, which I don't have)

Bad
- Not as established or feature-loaded as Coinbase
- Trusted. Third. Party.

Still in use? YES, I use them to insta-buy small quantities of BTC.

Electrum: Started July 2014. Wanted to practice offline signatures.

Good
+ SPV wallet == minimal resource footprint
+ HD wallet
+ Easy-to-use offline signature

Bad
- Thin client with specialized servers means having to trust a relatively small set of nodes relative to the bitcoin network to relay transactions. A minor negative, nothing that would steal private keys.

Still in use? NO, I've advanced to Armory. I still recommend this wallet for newbies who wants to practice offline signatures and just secure their wallets without having to play with the knobs and levers.

Bitcoin for Android: Started September 2014, after the developers implemented PIN security.

Good
+ Excellent backup security
+ SPV that uses bitcoin nodes, unlike specialized servers like the case of Electrum or Mycelium

Bad
- I had some issues during my course of usage that the developers were responsive to, and resolved them promptly. Since they were resolved, they won't be listed here.

Still in use? NO, after finding out back in November 2014 that this wallet created unencrypted backups on my phone for two months without my consent, I immediately dropped it and came back to Mycelium. The developers have since fixed this security mistake. I may come back to it later.

Armory: Started to actually use it in December 2014. I had installed Armory since the beginning of my bitcoin adoption, but avoided it due to the daunting complexity of Armory's loaded features. It wasn't until I understood more about the technicals of a bitcoin transaction that I started to remember Armory and those exact features I wanted.

Good
+ Full Node
+ Loads of technical features, from good coin control, to offline signatures, to encryption security control, Armory is for bitcoiners who knows what they're doing
+ Excellent encryption security

Bad
- UI could use some streamlining
- Full Node takes up a lot of computing resources

Still in use? YES. Armory is my favorite desktop bank by far.
dsyahputera

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:10:39 PM

Reviews of wallets I've used in chronological order:

Coinbase: Started Feb 2014, after hearing from a friend about Mt. Gox's collapse. Wanted to get into bitcoins at its low point...

Good
+ Able to convert USD to BTC
+ Loads of features I haven't gotten around to fully appreciating
+ Good customer support
+ Also an exchange
+ Most trusted third-party wallet IMO

Bad
- Trusted third-party. It pretty obvious that Bitcoin's history of trusted third-parties makes a lot more sense when you add the prefix "un-" to the term. Let Coinbase be different.

Still in use?
YES, as one of the most trusted third-party wallet, an exchange, and loads of features I haven't gotten around to using, it's my go-to for purchasing large quantities of BTC.

Bitcoin QT: Started Feb 2014, after hearing from a friend about Mt. Gox's collapse. I might have bought a bit high, but I did my homework and concluded that I wanted to control my own private keys. Coinbase's coins lasted about 10 minutes after they were delivered and whisked away to QT.

Good
+ Full node
+ Vanilla wallet, easy to understand, simple to use
+ Non-deterministic keys

Bad
- Non-deterministic keys, no HD keys
- Full node eats up a lot of computing resources

Still in use?
YES, contributing to the network and my personal transactional security is two birds with one stone.

Mycelium: Started March 2014, wanted to trade bitcoins in person.

Good
+ Excellent, highly polished UI, simple to understand and easy to use

Bad

Still in use?
YES, with excellent production value and ease of usage, Mycelium is my hot wallet.

Circle: Started July(?) 2014, despite all the flak that Jeremy Allaire's gotten from hyping Circle and his unpopular direction on bitcoin, Circle actually opened and I wanted to try out Coinbase's potential rival.

Good
+ The USD to BTC price has been, from my experience, always cheaper than Coinbase
+ Instantly purchase BTC via bank-linked account (Coinbase requires a Visa credit card, which I don't have)

Bad
- Not as established or feature-loaded as Coinbase
- Trusted. Third. Party.

Still in use? YES, I use them to insta-buy small quantities of BTC.

Electrum: Started July 2014. Wanted to practice offline signatures.

Good
+ SPV wallet == minimal resource footprint
+ HD wallet
+ Easy-to-use offline signature

Bad

Still in use? NO, I've advanced to Armory. I still recommend this wallet for newbies who wants to practice offline signatures and just secure their wallets without having to play with the knobs and levers.

Bitcoin for Android: Started September 2014, after the developers implemented PIN security.

Good
+ Excellent backup security
+ SPV that uses bitcoin nodes, unlike specialized servers like the case of Electrum or Mycelium

Bad
- I had some issues during my course of usage that the developers were responsive to, and resolved them promptly. Since they were resolved, they won't be listed here.

Still in use? NO, after finding out back in November 2014 that this wallet created unencrypted backups on my phone for two months without my consent, I immediately dropped it and came back to Mycelium. The developers have since fixed this security mistake. I may come back to it later.

Armory: Started to actually use it in December 2014. I had installed Armory since the beginning of my bitcoin adoption, but avoided it due to the daunting complexity of Armory's loaded features. It wasn't until I understood more about the technicals of a bitcoin transaction that I started to remember Armory and those exact features I wanted.

Good
+ Full Node
+ Loads of technical features, from good coin control, to offline signatures, to encryption security control, Armory is for bitcoiners who knows what they're doing
+ Excellent encryption security

Bad
- UI could use some streamlining
- Full Node takes up a lot of computing resources

Still in use? YES. Armory is my favorite desktop bank by far.
Currently I'm using Electrum because I don't have good internet connection. If I get better connection, I want to try Bitcoin QT and/or Armory, that sounds good.

By the way, nice review dude. More nice if you make your own thread Smiley
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:47:08 PM

By the way, nice review dude. More nice if you make your own thread Smiley

if you dont have good internet connection then you should try blockchain seriously very lite website design very lite website

dsyahputera

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:02:14 PM

- snip -

if you dont have good internet connection then you should try blockchain seriously very lite website design very lite website
I've tried Blockchain.info. I used that on my first time using Bitcoin. But now I've know the risk using online wallet. But I still think Blockchain.info is the best online wallet.
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 05:23:19 PM

- snip -

I've tried Blockchain.info. I used that on my first time using Bitcoin. But now I've know the risk using online wallet. But I still think Blockchain.info is the best online wallet.

You can also use btc-e for that bad internet cinnection, becauae this is also simple more than.that blockchain and secure. But its not recimmended because its a exchange site, which can scam you any site. You can also use coinbase fir securing your btc.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
leblanc

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:49:48 PM

anyone whos recommending blockchain is a bit naive.

if you dont recall all the horrible moments where most went and lost their bitcoin. amounts like 40 btc.

heres a huge list..do your homework

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2nkias/this_is_a_list_of_rbitcoin_users_who_had_their/

go with a desktop wallet 1st, then split your balance.
nachoig

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:46:56 PM

Another advice from advertising space:

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. EWallets are like banks -- a central organization has complete control over your money. You shouldn't put much money in EWallets.
locopao
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:50:17 PM

I personally use Multibit wallet and i am thinking of trying Electrum. I use electrum for clients' websites if they need to receive payments in BTC and i think is pretty simple (and safe) to use
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 05:38:12 AM

i like blockchain.info and using it at the moment and satisfied with it

--looking for signature--
BusyBeaverHP

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:01:47 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 01:10:56 PM by BusyBeaverHP

if you dont recall all the horrible moments where most went and lost their bitcoin. amounts like 40 btc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2nkias/this_is_a_list_of_rbitcoin_users_who_had_their/

I cannot even begin to fathom why people would:

A. Not only use such wallet with such history of incompetence and theft, but also...
B. Recommend them to newbies who do not know any better.

Case of the blind leading the blind.
fildza

Activity: 322

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 08:28:29 AM

Because it was an online wallet. If really want safe type wallet only offline wallet that are not connect to internet or paper wallet the only way

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Trevon

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:03:31 PM

I have only used blockchain.info so far. i don't have much funds to keep it in any offline wallet  Undecided

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:47:48 PM

I have only used blockchain.info so far. i don't have much funds to keep it in any offline wallet  Undecided
just make sure you use F2A and dont have 100 viruses on your pc , and you should be alright : ) would never trust anything over 0.1% of my btc on an online wallet tho.
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:29:17 PM

I'm using Multibit,

works fine for me, but I dont have much btc...
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:59:33 AM

I'm currently using Bitcoin Core.
but I already used Multibit and some online wallets.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: