Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:45:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Which BTC wallet are you using  (Read 51358 times)
memai

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:13:33 PM

I am using Coinbase . I do not know how well it but so far it's still good. Because I need to use my BTC for spending fast.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:48:37 PM

I'm using only Bitcoin Core. I don't trust exchanges, online wallets and third party wallets (even if they are open source). Using full node also gives me the pleasure of becoming a part of Bitcoin world.

I used to lost money in inputs.io, thanks to tradefortress. Undecided
I tried coinbase and blockchain.info at the beginning, but never use them again after this incident.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:54:38 PM

And be sure that you’ve read information about safe and secure storage of bitcoins.
Remember that protecting your money is your responsibility.
So it totally depends on you and how you manage your wallet and private keys.
loan4

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:23:43 PM

Hey, I am using Blockchain wallet.
Slaxt

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Gone......

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:29:07 PM

Just a question  Wink

Which BTC wallet  you are using?
coinbase , blockchain, btc-e, bittrex or any one else?

I have funds i will be trading or spending in the blockchain.info wallet, i hold a few hundred dollars worth on Btc-e for obvious reasons. Bittrex i only hold crapcoins. I also have a electrum wallet that i keep a half decent amount in, did used to hold more on blockchain.info but to many storys recently and don't want to risk it with any reasonable amount.

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
hugs1BTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:46:30 PM

Cold wallet for stash and blockchain for everyday use Wink
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:46:12 PM

I use blockchain.info

Grin

I hope you mean just for your hot wallet, used for small purchases.  Cold storage is still best way for your main storage.

Blockchain does have some good things such as being able to access anywhere so that is great.  It does have two factor so security is not bad.  But it in no way is cold storage.

It is not just not bad. They have had critical mishaps last year and was lucky not to have lost thousands of customer's BitCoins. I would avoid it as much as possible.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

notalin

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:45:21 AM

I am using Coinbase Bitcoin Core 0.10.0
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 01:50:36 PM

So which one is it?  Coinbase wallet or Bitcoin Core wallet?

Both are completely different from one another.  Coinbase is a web wallet and Bitcoin Core is a desktop wallet.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 02:05:01 PM

So which one is it?  Coinbase wallet or Bitcoin Core wallet?

Both are completely different from one another.  Coinbase is a web wallet and Bitcoin Core is a desktop wallet.

He may have missed an "and" there. Roll Eyes Coinbase to store small amount and Bitcoin Core to store bigger amount.

LOBSTER

Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:05:22 PM

Trezor
Ledger Wallet
Armory
Paper Wallets
Greenaddress
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:54:58 PM

So which one is it?  Coinbase wallet or Bitcoin Core wallet?

Both are completely different from one another.  Coinbase is a web wallet and Bitcoin Core is a desktop wallet.

He may have missed an "and" there. Roll Eyes Coinbase to store small amount and Bitcoin Core to store bigger amount.

i don't see the point of having small amount on coinbase and a big one on bitcoin core, because if they steal from coinbase it mean that your pc is likely infected, which mean that they will steal your btc from core too...

what i'm saying is that having two hot wallet is only giving more bitcoin to thieves

like i said above, not a good strategy, unless you hold a very small amount on both

better to have only one hot wallet(not on site, but locally, in this case leaves core and discards coinbase), the rest of your saving in a cold storage/other dedicated machine(the latter will give you the possibility to have two hot wallet)
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:41:19 PM

I"m using Core 0.9.3? I think that's right. Is there any advantages of upgrading my wallet? I thought that it auto updated on its own but I guess I'm wrong Tongue
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 12:07:18 AM

On Android: Mycelium

On iOS: breadwallet

On desktop/laptop: Electrum

For all you people still using blockchain.info wallet on your mobile devices: seriously, give breadwallet (iOS) or Mycelium (Android) a try. They're both so, SO much better. You don't know what you're missing until you've seen the difference.

No more "signing inputs" for 5-10 seconds (seriously, WTF!?) before sending a simple transaction. No more retarded menu options where you have to search how the hell to copy an address into your clipboard, or paste one from your clipboard into your address book. No more buggy fee input boxes. No more syncing with a webserver that in fact holds your actual wallet. Enough already!
Don't get me wrong - the blockchain.info website is great, both the block explorer as well as the web wallet. But the mobile apps are a disaster.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
CoolRunnings21

Activity: 295

Nenávist má sestru, to je závist.

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:34:22 AM

I use blockchain.info. It is really easy and I have never had problems with it.

If you are new it is 100% the way to go.

NDotSO / Bourák
Muhammed Zakir

Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 06:02:21 AM

i don't see the point of having small amount on coinbase and a big one on bitcoin core, because if they steal from coinbase it mean that your pc is likely infected, which mean that they will steal your btc from core too...

what i'm saying is that having two hot wallet is only giving more bitcoin to thieves

I didn't get your point. Coinbase is an online wallet, so storing some Bitcoins in it will help you to send Bitcoins everywhere. You obviously won't be able to take Bitcoin core with you all time.

About hacks: Coinbase can be hacked without hacking your PC. However, it is not the case for desktop/phone wallets. Splitting the Bitcoins in two or more wallets are good but storing in a place where you don't have access to private keys is far less secure.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:10:10 AM

I didn't get your point. Coinbase is an online wallet, so storing some Bitcoins in it will help you to send Bitcoins everywhere. You obviously won't be able to take Bitcoin core with you all time.

About hacks: Coinbase can be hacked without hacking your PC. However, it is not the case for desktop/phone wallets. Splitting the Bitcoins in two or more wallets are good but storing in a place where you don't have access to private keys is far less secure.

ah yeah if you talk about other device such a smartphone then yes, but in that case i prefer to have bitcoin core(or whatever it is called) for mobile, i can't trust online wallet at all
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:55:04 AM

Trezor
Ledger Wallet
Armory
Paper Wallets
Greenaddress

You are using Trezor, which means that you are in the possession of quite a good number of Bitcoins. Out of the list you have posted here, which one is the most secure, according to you?
hubtm.ro

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:02:54 AM

coinprism  Grin
financetalks

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 11:41:23 AM

ah yeah if you talk about other device such a smartphone then yes, but in that case i prefer to have bitcoin core(or whatever it is called) for mobile, i can't trust online wallet at all

It's called Bitcoin Wallet
But, since it use Simplified Payment Verification (SPV). It's less secure than full node

And, looks like it's less open than Bitcoin Core
So, can you trust it ?

SPV client works fine for me.

It's good for making fast payments. I can trust it, of course for small amounts only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: