Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:00:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reach out for the white spots!  (Read 9438 times)
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 07:39:26 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2012, 03:48:51 PM by phelix

The Farsi translation is now in the MultiBit release at:

multibit.org

this is awesome. this needs to hit arabic Iranian blogs...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jim618
Legendary

Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 08:49:14 AM

Farsi (or Persian as it is called in the West) is a distinct language to Arabic. (they do look quite similar to Westerners I must admit - I cannot tell which is which).

There is a small bounty on the Arabic MultiBit translation work - it is 30% done at the moment.
Arabic has a huge number of speakers - 300 or 400 million - and includes the rainbow arc of the south Mediterranean coast so it would be useful to have it available.

I am no expert, but apparently Arabic is a family of about 15 distinct-but-similar languages. There is a 'Standard Modern Arabic' which everyone understands so that would be what you would want a translation into.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
phelix
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 03:51:23 PM

Farsi (or Persian as it is called in the West) is a distinct language to Arabic. (they do look quite similar to Westerners I must admit - I cannot tell which is which).

There is a small bounty on the Arabic MultiBit translation work - it is 30% done at the moment.
Arabic has a huge number of speakers - 300 or 400 million - and includes the rainbow arc of the south Mediterranean coast so it would be useful to have it available.

I am no expert, but apparently Arabic is a family of about 15 distinct-but-similar languages. There is a 'Standard Modern Arabic' which everyone understands so that would be what you would want a translation into.

I would recommend everybody to learn English (with my mother tongue being German) - but until that happens I guess translations really are important.

chedder

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:41:51 PM

why would i care if people who have nothing i want and dont speak any language i speak use bitcoin or not? if iran suddenly vanished i probably wouldnt even notice.
iran is the worlds largest producer of the spice safron, international safron prices are way higher then in iran because they cant export it easily.   if you could flip iranian safron you'd be a millionaire.
mintymark

Activity: 286
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:59:45 PM

People have said that its hard to download the standard client. [In Iran] [possibly elsewhere too. ]

I made a torrent file, not sure if this helps.

This is the magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8AD4F7C839B65BEEB03B582CA843E7A704995FEC&dn=bitcoin+0+7+0&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce

Is this helpful ? I am not sure.

[[ All Tips gratefully received!!  ]]
15ta5d1N8mKkgC47SRWmnZABEFyP55RrqD
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 07:24:45 AM

Bitcoin project on GitHub has been mirrored:

Step 1: Done. Hourly pulls of website git (https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.github.com.git) from github. See http://btcmirror.is/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

matmar10

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 03:32:09 PM

As I understand it, gold and silver markets are well established inside the bazaars of TIRoIR. If I were an Iranian national, I'd set up a BTC exchange and immediately convert all the Rial I receive in exchange for BTC into gold and/or silver. Alternatively, since the construction sector is still active, you could convert Rial into industrial copper stores, e.g. copper pipes, etc...

Both still have high internal demand, so you could liquidate the metal holdings if needed. Export of your gold/silver might be tricky as I believe there are rules prohibiting silver/gold export via personal carry?

====

Be doostane Iraniha: salaam o inshallah omidvaram ke Iran behtar mishe! (-:

giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 04:47:33 PM

I just received 184.82089mɃ. Is that what's left over of my 200mɃ sent to a bounty to translate to Arab? I'm confused.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
jim618
Legendary

Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 05:56:52 PM

Hi Giszmo, from the amount it is your refund for the Hindi, which was only partially done.

I have written up the details at:
http://multibit.org/bounties.html

I posted the URL on the multibit thread but forgot to post it here. Sorry.

Bounties work but they are a bit time consuming to do (as you can see from that bounties page!).
Also, the most prolific translators do not want the BTC - they just want to see the software in their mother tongue. (MBH, who did most of the Arabic, donated his share back to multibit.org. Thanks!)

There are a few translators who have not yet sent me a bitcoin address for me to send their share to but that is no big deal. The BTC is not going anywhere.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 06:10:07 PM

why would i care if people who have nothing i want and dont speak any language i speak use bitcoin or not? if iran suddenly vanished i probably wouldnt even notice.
iran is the worlds largest producer of the spice safron, international safron prices are way higher then in iran because they cant export it easily.   if you could flip iranian safron you'd be a millionaire.
Who control the spice, control the universe!

giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 10:57:29 PM

Iran is the worlds largest producer of the spice safron, international safron prices are way higher then in iran because they cant export it easily.   if you could flip iranian safron you'd be a millionaire.

Wow. Saffron really is "the spice". Wikipedia seams to be a bit outdated with prices of USD 1,000 – 10,000 per kg while Alibaba.com quotes are much lower (while exceeding the total annual Saffron production in offers from China alone?!) but still it seams to be the most expensive spice in the world.

So while there is a monetary and an import embargo in place, how about export? Somehow in one hour of googling I couldn't find any easy to read source of whether or not ships with Saffron could freely travel and unload in foreign harbors or not. Here and there I read about an EU oil embargo but even this is super poorly documented in Wikipedia. WTH?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
phelix
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 11:38:22 AM

Iran is the worlds largest producer of the spice safron, international safron prices are way higher then in iran because they cant export it easily.   if you could flip iranian safron you'd be a millionaire.

Wow. Saffron really is "the spice". Wikipedia seams to be a bit outdated with prices of USD 1,000 – 10,000 per kg while Alibaba.com quotes are much lower (while exceeding the total annual Saffron production in offers from China alone?!) but still it seams to be the most expensive spice in the world.

So while there is a monetary and an import embargo in place, how about export? Somehow in one hour of googling I couldn't find any easy to read source of whether or not ships with Saffron could freely travel and unload in foreign harbors or not. Here and there I read about an EU oil embargo but even this is super poorly documented in Wikipedia. WTH?

sounds like a business idea: smuggling saffron
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: