Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] Anti-Arrest Vest  (Read 5197 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 04:34:16 AM

Any sniper worth their salt can pick off that fat head at two klicks, even with a slight cross-breeze a blowin'.
Then you need an invisibility vest but I couldn't find any picture... Duh!

Fine! Don the invisible vest, and they'll pull out this.

Sound Cannon
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 04:36:15 AM

The Active Denial System (ADS) is a non-lethal, directed-energy weapon developed by the U.S. military,[1] designed for area denial, perimeter security and crowd control.[2] Informally, the weapon is also called the heat ray[3] since it works by heating the surface of targets, such as the skin of targeted human subjects.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

Grin
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 04:37:23 AM

The Active Denial System (ADS) is a non-lethal, directed-energy weapon developed by the U.S. military,[1] designed for area denial, perimeter security and crowd control.[2] Informally, the weapon is also called the heat ray[3] since it works by heating the surface of targets, such as the skin of targeted human subjects.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

Grin

Beat me to it... literally had this in my clipboard:

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 10:58:59 AM

^ Wonder if they get good reception with that thing?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 11:12:11 AM

^ Wonder if they get good reception with that thing?

It burns off your skin. What kind of reception would you give it? A standing ovation?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 01:03:47 PM

I wonder if a portable Faraday cage would protect against microwaves. This coupled with an active anti-noise cancellation system could be an interesting addition to the anti-arrest/urban survivor vest.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 01:12:59 PM

I wonder if a portable Faraday cage would protect against microwaves. This coupled with an anti-noise cancellation system could be an interesting addition to the anti-arrest vest.

http://physicsb-2009-10.wikispaces.com/file/view/Tesla18Dalek10003Ft.jpg/126371831/Tesla18Dalek10003Ft.jpg
Not a cage in the standard sense, but you could use fine mesh such as screen wire to get the desired effect, assuming the microwaves are in the 2.4Ghz range.

For those experimenting with microwave oven parts, the recommended protection is a suit made of screen wire for your body, and a tin can with the sharp edges trimmed off and lined in soft fur to contain your man parts.

Microwave cannon

This thing can do cool stuff like light up fluorescent bulbs from upwards of 10 feet away.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 01:19:13 PM

I'd much prefer an antiarrest vest that responds in much the same way, but instead activates 100 of these in all directions:

http://bitlasers.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=31
HEY! now theres a better idea.. blind the crap outta everyone around you
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:03:41 PM

I'd much prefer an antiarrest vest that responds in much the same way, but instead activates 100 of these in all directions:

HEY! now theres a better idea.. blind yourself the instant you turn it on to test it

FTFY. Wink
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:21:01 PM

HEY! now theres a better idea.. blind yourself the instant you turn it on to test it

FTFY. Wink
yes well, It shoots outwards so as long as your not around mirrors its should be good...

Don't laze me bro!!!
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 02:22:21 PM

It will only take about 45min to move out of the way wearing that shit.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:35:05 PM

FTFY. Wink
yes well, It shoots outwards so as long as your not around mirrors its should be good...

Don't laze me bro!!!

You don't need a mirror to be blinded by a reflection from a 1.8W blue laser, let alone 100 of them. Smiley
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:41:44 PM

FTFY. Wink

Don't laze me bro!!!

You don't need a mirror to be blinded by a reflection from a 1.8W blue laser, let alone 100 of them. Smiley

If you have that many lazes I'd assume they don't need to be high powered because all of them combined will be low powered.. I've stared at low powered lasers as a kid no harm done Tongue
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:53:14 PM

If you have that many lazes I'd assume they don't need to be high powered because all of them combined will be low powered.. I've stared at low powered lasers as a kid no harm done Tongue
Do you have any idea how powerful 1.8 watts of concentrated laser energy is? For comparison, a cheap laser pointer will be between 3 and 5 milliwatts. 1800 milliwatts will burn on contact with a variety of materials, including skin, rubber, wood, and more.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:15:07 PM

Do you have any idea how powerful 1.8 watts of concentrated laser energy is? For comparison, a cheap laser pointer will be between 3 and 5 milliwatts. 1800 milliwatts will burn on contact with a variety of materials, including skin, rubber, wood, and more.

Isn't it more accurate to use amps instead of watts? watts is a meta-measurement Tongue
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:29:38 PM

Isn't it more accurate to use amps instead of watts? watts is a meta-measurement Tongue
Nnnnooo...... No. Amps is watts divided by volts, and light doesn't have "volts" as such.

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:40:17 PM

Pizza Delivery Man Fitted With A Collar Bomb

Why not use a real bomb?

Mutually assured destruction saved the world a lot of headaches. Yes, early adopters would perish, but once it gets wide acceptance, I bet it would statistically be less harmful than getting arrested.

I can imagine a peaceful world where everyone has a fission bomb attached to their necks.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:49:52 PM

Nnnnooo...... No. Amps is watts divided by volts, and light doesn't have "volts" as such.
What if i have low amps and high volts? or high volts and low amps? I'm saying watts is too ambiguous to use as a measurement tool, im almost not sure why anyone still uses it as a measurement.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 04:10:43 PM

What if i have low amps and high volts? or high volts and low amps? I'm saying watts is too ambiguous to use as a measurement tool, im almost not sure why anyone still uses it as a measurement.
You can't measure light with amps, it doesn't work. You could measure the amount of power it takes to drive the laser diode, but that isn't necessarily relevant.
They are different units, used in different applications. Amps is a measure of current, which is a rate of flow, and exists as an effect of voltage (electromotive force).

A watt is a measurement of energy, which is power (one joule) over a period of time (one second).

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 04:38:45 PM

Watt is the SI unit of power, regardless of whether it is electricity, light, or heat. When a laser is rated at 1.8W, that is the actual power output in light, which means that at 445nm there are 4x10^18 photons leaving the laser diode each second each with an energy of about 4.46x10^-19 J. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's not correct.

Edit: Rereading I think I get what you're saying, which is that the watt is a derived unit and not a base unit, while the amp is. That doesn't mean the amp is a more accurate or better way of rating the light output though, any more than you would rate a 5000W propane heater in amps instead of watts.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: