Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:57:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Help to get my Radeon 5970's mining properly  (Read 6155 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 09:55:15 PM

Windows binary:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-2.5.0-win32.zip

Download this one. It's the only binary for windows.
Unzip the files and start CGMINER, it will automatically detects the values for your graphic cards.

If it configures all your cards, then you could tweak the settings for best results, but for that i cant help. I'm a new at this things for now.
But if it detects all your cards then ask for help on the CGMINER thread that ckolivas or other member can help you.

opened it, gave error that ADL & OpenCL devices # were different

logged in to pool and it is only mining with ONE core on ONE card. I have two cards each dual core in the system

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Azrael_PT

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

Par Pari Refertur

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 10:05:52 PM

Sorry, cant help you.  Huh

Try to ask some help on the thread.

Just one question.

You want to mine and use the computer or you only want to mine?

If you only want to mine you could use BAMT.

http://bamter.org/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65915.0

Donations: 16WPtSGFtj7wH2TxQi5tZfdxtAG84zPVwD
CEX.IO
420 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 10:30:19 PM

Sorry, cant help you.  Huh

Try to ask some help on the thread.

Just one question.

You want to mine and use the computer or you only want to mine?

If you only want to mine you could use BAMT.

http://bamter.org/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65915.0

just mine

Azrael_PT

Par Pari Refertur

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 10:46:08 PM

So use BAMT and your problems will go away.

CEX.IO
420 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 11:12:42 PM

So use BAMT and your problems will go away.

do u know if i can run that off CD instead of USB key

Azrael_PT

Par Pari Refertur

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 11:36:51 PM

I don't think so because of the configuration.
If your Bios permits you booting from an SD card and you have a SD card reader you cab use it.

CEX.IO
420 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 11:47:25 PM

I don't think so because of the configuration.
If your Bios permits you booting from an SD card and you have a SD card reader you cab use it.

already ahead of you, now setting my settings for 5970's, looks like i have to manually set all the core speeds? i set to 725 which is my stock 5970

420 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 11:56:05 PM

FINALLY! Both cards with both cores are mining, each core 320Mhash
fans loud so i'm wondering how low % i can set the fans and still be safe. of course at stock that should be quite possible. default is 100% fan

fabrizziop

Activity: 506

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:58:06 AM

Normally I have to install 11.6 drivers full, then uninstall them, then install 12.1 drivers and then install 2.1 SDK. If not, OpenCL devices aren't detected.
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:01:00 AM

I've found that most of my OpenCL related issues go away when I use SDK 2.5. It's been much more stable for me. And then I use 11.12 because I run CGminer. I need to be on 11.12 because 11.6 doesn't support headless gpu's, and 11.7-11.11 have the 100% cpu usage bug.
420 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:14:36 AM

I've found that most of my OpenCL related issues go away when I use SDK 2.5. It's been much more stable for me. And then I use 11.12 because I run CGminer. I need to be on 11.12 because 11.6 doesn't support headless gpu's, and 11.7-11.11 have the 100% cpu usage bug.

what do you mean headless gpu?

ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:50:56 AM

Gonna be a long post... I am going to assume you have just 1 5970 in your system.

For this I'm going to just go through the steps I use to set up my miners with a software over/under clock/volt on the Phoenix 2 miner. Things you will need...

11.12 or 12.1 driver. Looks like you are using Windows XP x64.
Here is 11.12 and 12.1. Take your pick. Both as far as I have seen do not exhibit the CPU bug. You don't need the catalyst control panel, it'll just hog system memory

Both of these come with 2.6 SDK though, which is bad for the Radeon HD 5000 series. You will want the 2.1 SDK. You can install it right along side of the 2.6 SDK without any issues. You can download it Here but really you don't need this whole package. It comes with samples and helpers and a bunch of other useless junk that you don't need. You can instead just install the required package, which is here. This is hosted on my dropbox, so if you are paranoid about 3rd party, you can get the exact same msi by downloading the Full Package but instead of installing it, you extract the contents somewhere (It's a self-extracting executable) and navigate to ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-xp64\Packages\Apps\ATIStreamSDK_Dev_xp64a and run ATIStreamSDK_dev.msi to install SDK 2.1.

Next you may want to verify that your SDK's are properly installed. Another handy tool I use is GPU Caps Viewer which you can download Here. Just scroll down to the Win32 installer to start downloading. After you install and open it, go to the OpenCL tab up top and you will see a dropdown box at the upper right. If you followed this guide word for word, you should have "1: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing" as the first item and "2: ATI Stream" as the second item. If you only have "1: ATI Stream" this is fine, just note it. If you don't have an "ATI Stream", something went wrong. Try rebooting and seeing if it appears after rebooting.

Next, we'll work on a software-based undervolt and underclock. I think we'll start with something conservative and let you use higher/lower volts/clocks. For this, I like to use Sapphire Trixx 4.3.0. You can get it Here. After you install it, go to the settings portion and make sure "Disaple ULPS" has a checkmark by it, and if "Synchronize cards in Multi-GPU config" has a checkmark by it, get rid of it. You can also set a fan speed for your 5970 under fan control. I personally just use 100% because the noise won't be heard and I don't know any better Tongue. The main tab of interest is the Overclocking tab of course. Go ahead and adjust GPU clock to 700 and VDDC to 1000 (1v) (It might change to 999 and this is ok). The memory clock may be trickier. We want it to be at 150, but it won't go that far right away. Instead, drag it all the way to the left, and hit apply. Trixx will now allow you go a little lower. Drag it to the left, apply, and repeat until you get 150. The 5970 has 2 GPU's so we'll want to do to the dropdown box and select the other 5970 GPU core, and do the same this. Set GPU Clock to 700, memory clock to 150, and VDDC to 1000 (It might change to 999 and this is ok). Make sure that you applied, then you can close or minize Trixx to the tray.

Finally, the miner itself. I like to use Phoenix 2, mostly because of it's consistent hashrate display, plus it seems to be a little higher than other more popular miners. Go ahead and pick up your copy of Phoenix 2 Here. Phoenix 2 uses a config file, compared to Phoenix 1 which uses command line arguments. It is phoenix.cfg and it is in located in the same place as phoenix.exe. Now assuming that everything so far installed correctly and you have a "2: ATI Stream" in GPU Caps Viewer's OpenCL dropdown box, I have a pre-configured config file here in a codeblock. Just open up phoenix.cfg with notepad or your favorite text editor (If it is missing, create the file) and paste the following into file, replacing whatever may be in it. MAKE SURE TO REPLACE THE "backend" WITH YOUR POOL'S FULL URL! THE SAME GOES FOR "backups" iIF YOU HAVE ANY BACKUP POOLS! You may have as many backups as you want. If you DON'T have a backup pool, you may delete the entire "backups = http://user:pass@pooladdress2:port" line.

Code:
[general]
backend = http://user:pass@pooladdress:port
backups = http://user:pass@pooladdress2:port
verbose = true

[cl:1:1]
name = 5970 MASTER GPU
kernel = phatk2
AGGRESSION = 12
VECTORS = true
BFI_INT = true
WORKSIZE = 128

[cl:1:2]
name = 5970 SLAVE GPU
kernel = phatk2
AGGRESSION = 12
VECTORS = true
BFI_INT = true
WORKSIZE = 128

[web]
disable = true

Save and close your text editor and run phoenix.exe. Voila, you should see about 650 Mhash/sec!

420 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 08:12:43 AM

Gonna be a long post... I am going to assume you have just 1 5970 in your system.

For this I'm going to just go through the steps I use to set up my miners with a software over/under clock/volt on the Phoenix 2 miner. Things you will need...

11.12 or 12.1 driver. Looks like you are using Windows XP x64.
Here is 11.12 and 12.1. Take your pick. Both as far as I have seen do not exhibit the CPU bug. You don't need the catalyst control panel, it'll just hog system memory

Both of these come with 2.6 SDK though, which is bad for the Radeon HD 5000 series. You will want the 2.1 SDK. You can install it right along side of the 2.6 SDK without any issues. You can download it Here but really you don't need this whole package. It comes with samples and helpers and a bunch of other useless junk that you don't need. You can instead just install the required package, which is here. This is hosted on my dropbox, so if you are paranoid about 3rd party, you can get the exact same msi by downloading the Full Package but instead of installing it, you extract the contents somewhere (It's a self-extracting executable) and navigate to ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-xp64\Packages\Apps\ATIStreamSDK_Dev_xp64a and run ATIStreamSDK_dev.msi to install SDK 2.1.

Next you may want to verify that your SDK's are properly installed. Another handy tool I use is GPU Caps Viewer which you can download Here. Just scroll down to the Win32 installer to start downloading. After you install and open it, go to the OpenCL tab up top and you will see a dropdown box at the upper right. If you followed this guide word for word, you should have "1: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing" as the first item and "2: ATI Stream" as the second item. If you only have "1: ATI Stream" this is fine, just note it. If you don't have an "ATI Stream", something went wrong. Try rebooting and seeing if it appears after rebooting.

Next, we'll work on a software-based undervolt and underclock. I think we'll start with something conservative and let you use higher/lower volts/clocks. For this, I like to use Sapphire Trixx 4.3.0. You can get it Here. After you install it, go to the settings portion and make sure "Disaple ULPS" has a checkmark by it, and if "Synchronize cards in Multi-GPU config" has a checkmark by it, get rid of it. You can also set a fan speed for your 5970 under fan control. I personally just use 100% because the noise won't be heard and I don't know any better Tongue. The main tab of interest is the Overclocking tab of course. Go ahead and adjust GPU clock to 700 and VDDC to 1000 (1v) (It might change to 999 and this is ok). The memory clock may be trickier. We want it to be at 150, but it won't go that far right away. Instead, drag it all the way to the left, and hit apply. Trixx will now allow you go a little lower. Drag it to the left, apply, and repeat until you get 150. The 5970 has 2 GPU's so we'll want to do to the dropdown box and select the other 5970 GPU core, and do the same this. Set GPU Clock to 700, memory clock to 150, and VDDC to 1000 (It might change to 999 and this is ok). Make sure that you applied, then you can close or minize Trixx to the tray.

Finally, the miner itself. I like to use Phoenix 2, mostly because of it's consistent hashrate display, plus it seems to be a little higher than other more popular miners. Go ahead and pick up your copy of Phoenix 2 Here. Phoenix 2 uses a config file, compared to Phoenix 1 which uses command line arguments. It is phoenix.cfg and it is in located in the same place as phoenix.exe. Now assuming that everything so far installed correctly and you have a "2: ATI Stream" in GPU Caps Viewer's OpenCL dropdown box, I have a pre-configured config file here in a codeblock. Just open up phoenix.cfg with notepad or your favorite text editor (If it is missing, create the file) and paste the following into file, replacing whatever may be in it. MAKE SURE TO REPLACE THE "backend" WITH YOUR POOL'S FULL URL! THE SAME GOES FOR "backups" iIF YOU HAVE ANY BACKUP POOLS! You may have as many backups as you want. If you DON'T have a backup pool, you may delete the entire "backups = http://user:pass@pooladdress2:port" line.

Code:
[general]
backend = http://user:pass@pooladdress:port
backups = http://user:pass@pooladdress2:port
verbose = true

[cl:1:1]
name = 5970 MASTER GPU
kernel = phatk2
AGGRESSION = 12
VECTORS = true
BFI_INT = true
WORKSIZE = 128

[cl:1:2]
name = 5970 SLAVE GPU
kernel = phatk2
AGGRESSION = 12
VECTORS = true
BFI_INT = true
WORKSIZE = 128

[web]
disable = true

Save and close your text editor and run phoenix.exe. Voila, you should see about 650 Mhash/sec!

Thanks, I guess I didn't post here that I'm satisfied, using BAMT and thats what I got abouts, 650mhash per card, x3=1950, then I overclocked a little to get an emotionally rewarding 2Ghash Smiley

Sending you over 0.04BTC for your help (wanted to send .05 but I'm broke Tongue )

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 08:18:35 AM

Well, the type up, ssateneth did, will do wonders for the community, if it had helped you, please donate to ssateneth.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: