Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL, HOARD your cypto GOLD! All Hail the Hoarders!  (Read 4871 times)
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:55:19 PM

At least miners should use bitcoins to pay their daily cost

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:58:46 PM

I have faith in the future. Bitcoin is still in its infancy. Big things await.

Spendulus says .... spend AND HODL.
crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:05:16 PM

another motivational post of a desperate bagholder. these evil companies trying to do something useful with bitcoin are getting rich while his bag's value decreases on a weekly basis. that's just not fair. the bag was supposed to sit there and quadrimillionuple in value every 5 seconds. Cry

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 03:20:51 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 03:33:51 PM by Lethn

Long term users like me who want to actually use Bitcoin genuinely don't give a shit about the price, sure it's nice when it rises but in the end it doesn't take away from it's functionality as lots of people like to claim, that's not how a currency operates, as log as it is a decentralised medium of exchange then it will suit me just fine.
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:41:39 PM

This whole thread is so depressing. I've never had less faith in bitcoin than after reading it.

"An ideal success for bitcoin will be something around a million dollars per bitcoin, where the market cap is in trillions so that bitcoin will compete with petro dollar and become of use in high volume Forex trading..This is ideal success.."

Whatever you are smoking...

I think the games up. Bitcoin may be dead as a genuine alternative monetary system.

Keep HODLING boys.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:59:07 PM

I don't know how many times I've chimed in to hodl. But if everyone just was hodling, bitcoin would fail.
I'm hodling because I don't have money for both. I use my credit card for purchases, bank account to pay back the credit card, and any extra is in BTC.

The value in BTC is the payment system, not the quality of the bitcoin itself. Only by usage and general adoption will it go up in value. To get there it has to be used.

I think the ideal situation (which I would adopt once my credit card is paid off) is to have two BTC on your phone, use and replace it for transactions, and the rest in cold storage. But keep the market flowing.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 05:34:17 PM

+1 for holding. It's much more important than spending right now.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:52:20 PM

OP there has to be use of bitcoin for it to be a success. What would happen if everyone holds? transaction volume goes to shit which gives btc bad headlines.
Muuurrrrica!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:41:25 PM

Did you take hardfork and subsequent split into at least 3 coins in account which all would want to claim to be the real thing?

What makes you so sure the coins you are hoarding are real bitcoins a year from now?

Why would anyone want to buy them for more than a few dollars?
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:23:32 PM

"+1 for holding. It's much more important than spending right now."

Important for what exactly.
mitus-2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:24:11 PM

Why will it be worth $10k in a few years? Especially if nobody is actually using it for anything?
+1
kingama

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:27:00 AM

OP is 100% correct. Bitcoin works as a payment network, sure, but it's really not the best payment network from a practical point of view. What Bitcoin is best at is being a kind of vault for the storage-of-value that has never been seen before. You can keep your millions in your fucking head!

Bitcoins are secured by math and yet so many of you want to use it like a glorified Visa/MasterCard/Amex.

I used to look at a metric called Cost per transaction which is the daily mining revenue over the number of transactions that day. When the Cyprus bubble hit this metric went way up which only proved to me that the value in Bitcoin isn't in payments. You would expect with further use that that number will go down so it can "compete" with Visa, etc. Instead that movement showed that this beautiful thing is a store-of-value first, and a payment network second.

Hold.
12345mm

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:37:24 AM

To the people advising buy and hold at this point : YOU MAKE ME FUCKING SICK - physically fucking ill ... a distribution of wealth 100X worse than that of the billionaires vs the worlds billions of poor people , whale high frequency traders operating on low / zero fees with prefferential deals with exchanges , exchanges engaged in insider trading at zero fees , automated trading programs engaged in 24/7 predatory trading , millions of stolen btc out of a supply of less than 14 million being continaully dumped on the market creating non stop crushing sell orders at the expense of everyone , massive mining farms owned by asic chip manufacturers operating off of power plants converting sludge crude into electricity into btc into actual money gains , and a losing market that has lost 80+% of value since the illegal massive worse than ponzi fraud of mtgox used a billion non-existent dollars to jack the market up , plus hundreds of other exchange closures thefts hacks and frauds , and you actually have the fucking greed illness to tell people to buy and HOLD !?!?!? And why ? Obvious Answer - so idiots dump money into the sham and don't take it back out which adds to buy pressure and reduces the insane sell pressure that already exists so YOU can desperately attempt to cash out for a couple percent better at the potential expense of destroying the financial well being of others / continue your daily non-stop high frequency trading profits at the expense of anyone who dumps money into bitcoin ... it's beyond sick ... it's offensive ... if hell exists ... you won your ticket ...

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:40:10 PM

Long term users like me who want to actually use Bitcoin genuinely don't give a shit about the price, sure it's nice when it rises but in the end it doesn't take away from it's functionality as lots of people like to claim, that's not how a currency operates, as log as it is a decentralised medium of exchange then it will suit me just fine.
The conversion rate of BTC to currency has no relation to the utility of BTC for electronic payments. 

HODL does not imply electing to do a transaction with currency when it would overall be cheaper with bitcoin.

That would be HODL at all costs.
kingama

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:51:58 PM

To the people advising buy and hold at this point : YOU MAKE ME FUCKING SICK - physically fucking ill ...
That ill feeling comes from not owning as many BTC as you'd like. I don't see how God would send those of us who are supporting internet freedom money by holding, to hell.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:06:12 PM

To the people advising buy and hold at this point : YOU MAKE ME FUCKING SICK - physically fucking ill ...
That ill feeling comes from not owning as many BTC as you'd like. I don't see how God would send those of us who are supporting internet freedom money by holding, to hell.

I don't agree with 12345mm, but holding bitcoins is not supporting it. Using bitcoins is supporting it.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
kingama

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:08:33 PM

You have missed the point. The point being made here is: Holding bitcoins is not supporting it. Using bitcoins is supporting it.
That may be the point of many responses here, but it is not the point of the OP. If you want to scream, "Create more sending transactions!" from the mountain top, then by all means create a new thread and see where it goes.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:11:48 PM

I don't agree with 12345mm, but holding bitcoins is not supporting it. Using bitcoins is supporting it.

Holding bitcoin is supporting it in quite a few ways, perhaps using it is more supportive yes.  Those holders unless going through some investment trust have had to get involved in the bitcoin world.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:15:07 PM

Hold! Hoard your crypto GOLD!

The correct spelling is "Hold", like in your post.
HODL (currently in the thread title) is what people type when they want to look like a mindless lemming parroting what others say.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:17:49 PM

Holding bitcoin is supporting it in quite a few ways, perhaps using it is more supportive yes.  Those holders unless going through some investment trust have had to get involved in the bitcoin world.

If holding bitcoins supports it, then spending the held bitcoins hurts it. Since nobody holds bitcoins forever (unless they lose or destroy them), the net benefit of holding is 0.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: