Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:31:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Total number of bitcoins.  (Read 3463 times)
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:48:04 AM

BTC has no volume to speak of. It´s really microscopic.

On a very good 24 hr.period it trades like 1/60th of what for example Facebook stock turns over in a 6.5 hr. session. On the average it´s more like 1/100th.

Compared to FOREX that turns over 5 Trillion dollars in a day, BTC volume is just pocket lint.

P.S. Last 24 hrs.  volume 20,617,800 = 1/150th of Facebook stock turnover in a session. Pocket change.

hi galdur..

i remeber you who forex was born 1971...
and it is an exchange who use currency much more older...

bitcoin it is at the beginning...

and it come out to the big public, just on 2011, and then in 2013 when it reach 1000$

so we have a long road to do

Yeah, I´m convinced that at some point meaningful buying volume will come into bitcoin. And then, with this small float, it will move very fast.

But the problem is a scam-ridden marketplace and shady and primitive "exchanges" where you can´t really leave any meaningful capital overnight because the "exchange" might have disappeared the morning after. So, there´s no regulation and  no law enforcement. Obvious and eminently predictable result:  a paradise for scamsters and criminals. Attract criminals to a marketplace = destroy all trust and confidence in what is being traded and the trading platforms. It´s rather elementary. This system very effectively keeps any big money away from bitcoin, ensures tepid volume and interest and attracts short sellers. Why this insane system that very clearly is self-destructive is in place is beyond me. I thought some major brain boxes were behind bitcoin.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VulgusMan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:57:17 AM

BTC has no volume to speak of. It´s really microscopic.

On a very good 24 hr.period it trades like 1/60th of what for example Facebook stock turns over in a 6.5 hr. session. On the average it´s more like 1/100th.

Compared to FOREX that turns over 5 Trillion dollars in a day, BTC volume is just pocket lint.

P.S. Last 24 hrs.  volume 20,617,800 = 1/150th of Facebook stock turnover in a session. Pocket change.

hi galdur..

i remeber you who forex was born 1971...
and it is an exchange who use currency much more older...

bitcoin it is at the beginning...

and it come out to the big public, just on 2011, and then in 2013 when it reach 1000$

so we have a long road to do

Yeah, I´m convinced that at some point meaningful buying volume will come into bitcoin. And then, with this small float, it will move very fast.

But the problem is a scam-ridden marketplace and shady and primitive "exchanges" where you can´t really leave any meaningful capital overnight because the "exchange" might have disappeared the morning after. So, there´s no regulation and  no law enforcement. Obvious and eminently predictable result:  a paradise for scamsters and criminals. Attract criminals to a marketplace = destroy all trust and confidence in what is being traded and the trading platforms. It´s rather elementary. This system very effectively keeps any big money away from bitcoin, ensures tepid volume and interest and attracts short sellers. Why this insane system that very clearly is self-destructive is in place is beyond me. I thought some major brain boxes were behind bitcoin.

give to bitcoin ecosystem a few time!!!
and this problem will be fixed by P2P echange!!!

no third part needed to trade bitcoin!!!
no more mtGox

galdur

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:55:33 AM

P2P exchange, huh ? Sounds good, I´ve been a decade in the torrents and that unregulated system has always worked like a charm for me. If this is along similar lines and on the way I feel much better about bitcoin already  Grin

In any event; what is most important in marketplaces is a level playing field for the market participants. If the marketplace system is designed such that it actively attracts criminals and scamsters, this soon destroys all trust and confidence. Criminals just have an unfair advantage over those who want to conduct their business in an honest and fair manner. So, the primary purpose of regulation and law enforcement is to level this playing field.

Now; when you have this bitcoin which clearly is a threat to the present monetary system and therefore also to politicians (the government that puts in place this regulation and law enforcement that at least tries to level this playing field in real markets here on planet earth) that are funded into office by said financial system and other corporate interests

well then you can´t really be awfully surprised that the bitcoin marketplace has this insane self-destructive urge.
Right ? It plays right into the hands of those it threatens. It´s the sorry truth, I´m afraid. Those behind the system are a mix of useful idiots, retarded libertarians, anti-government kooks of diverse flavors, anti-fiat cultists and government/corporate agents.

redHairy

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:01:26 PM

P2P exchange, huh ? Sounds good, I´ve been a decade in the torrents and that unregulated system has always worked like a charm for me. If this is along similar lines and on the way I feel much better about bitcoin already  Grin

In any event; what is most important in marketplaces is a level playing field for the market participants. If the marketplace system is designed such that it actively attracts criminals and scamsters, this soon destroys all trust and confidence. Criminals just have an unfair advantage over those who want to conduct their business in an honest and fair manner. So, the primary purpose of regulation and law enforcement is to level this playing field.

Now; when you have this bitcoin which clearly is a threat to the present monetary system and therefore also to politicians (the government that puts in place this regulation and law enforcement that at least tries to level this playing field in real markets here on planet earth) that are funded into office by said financial system and other corporate interests

well then you can´t really be awfully surprised that the bitcoin marketplace has this insane self-destructive urge.
Right ? It plays right into the hands of those it threatens. It´s the sorry truth, I´m afraid. Those behind the system are a mix of useful idiots, retarded libertarians, anti-government kooks of diverse flavors, anti-fiat cultists and government/corporate agents.

here a short list about P2P projects...

hope you enjoy it

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330729.0

Wink

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:23:18 PM

It's in italian tho. Also where the hell is Maidsafe
redHairy

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:25:29 AM

hem hem...

link and URL are link and URL...
in eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery language

Wink

just click on site if you want open direct info

Grin

have fun!

galdur

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:29:39 AM

hem hem...

link and URL are link and URL...
in eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery language

Wink

just click on site if you want open direct info

Grin

have fun!

Thanks redhairy I´ll check this out. Good luck, g

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:31:32 AM

Regulation sets very high barriers of entry for new companies so it reduces competitions and advantages the existing big companies to the detriment of the entrepreneurs.
galdur

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:42:54 AM

Regulation sets very high barriers of entry for new companies so it reduces competitions and advantages the existing big companies to the detriment of the entrepreneurs.

Maybe so, but you could also say that the police sets barriers for the entry of criminals in a marketplace. Which is important. Obviously those who operate honestly and according to the law are at a competitive disadvantage against those who don´t have to factor in taxes, regulation expenses and such and can just abscond with customers´funds at their leisure. And this creates a constant overhang of uncertainty in a marketplace and over time all trust and confidence goes out the window.

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:27:56 PM

is this thread a joke ? the total amount of bitcoins is already known , and not hard to check about 21m if i dont remember wrong
V for Varoufakis (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:36:35 PM

is this thread a joke ? the total amount of bitcoins is already known , and not hard to check about 21m if i dont remember wrong

It is not a joke. It is a proposal, based on quantity theory of money.
galdur

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:42:49 PM

It is not a joke. It is a proposal, based on quantity theory of money.

It´s a valid topic. Unfortunately I´m way too dumb to discuss macroeconomics so I soon get off topic.

fastBeast

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:32:53 PM

i think you do not understand the theme!!!

in the op you cann read a macroeconomic formula!!!

I do not even know...
but then...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equation_of_exchange

and everything became clearer...

at least i understand the theme of the thread !!!

have fun!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:28:17 PM

So other than me reading the 1000 websites that tell me the total number of coins, how do we actually know?

I am sure the blockchain can tell me, but is there anyone that is is actively reconciling the blockchain with what we think is in it???

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:00:41 AM

So other than me reading the 1000 websites that tell me the total number of coins, how do we actually know?
I am sure the blockchain can tell me, but is there anyone that is is actively reconciling the blockchain with what we think is in it???

Say this 1000 times:
D-E-C-E-N-T-R-A-L-I-Z-E-D

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:57:51 AM

Say this 1000 times:

why so mean.... ELI5

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 11:58:14 AM

Say this 1000 times:

why so mean.... ELI5

It seems to me that someone who has been on this site for over a year and has made over 800 posts should know that every node in the network looks at every transaction in the block chain.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
V for Varoufakis (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:47:00 PM

According to the Book of Knowledge it´s an equation of exchange

M   is the total nominal amount of money supply in circulation on average in an economy.
V  is the velocity of money, that is the average frequency with which a unit of money is spent.
P  is the price level.
Q  is an index of real expenditures (on newly produced goods and services).

i think this equation it is realy variable...
P it is associate to the high bitcoin volatility
Q it is really hard to quantify!!!

so, it is very hard to get some "understandable" result from it...

IMAHO....

All informations, P,Q,V, are into the blockchain.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:44:22 AM

I don't care so much about the total whole number of bitcoins.  I'm more for appreciating the value of each satoshi and hope that one day a satoshi will be like a dollar.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
sakira

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:34:18 AM

The total number of bitcoins must be:   M = (PQ) / V

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

In 2022 90% of the bitcoins will have been mined.
Which means by 2025 price should be insanely high otherwise miners will have the shittiest incentive to keep mining.

then how when mining bitcoin exhausted?

the price will be more expensive?

if so I will fill it, but too long
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: