Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to stop using Shampoo  (Read 2666 times)
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 06:47:30 AM

I've used shampoo every day. My head has not melted. Ok continue on...
I haven't stated that your head would mealt but if it goes through 5 waterproof plastic bags how healthy can it really be for your hair/scalp?

Well I was obviously exaggerating when I said my head has not melted yet.

But to be more serious, this "test" that you conducted is an extremely poor indicator whether shampoo is good for your hair or not. Do you realize your head is not made of plastic? Hair is made of keratin, while plastic is a polymer. Completely different substances, therefore reacts differently to certain chemical compositions.

If shampoo is as toxic as you make it out to be, then it wouldn't even hit the shelves of stores because of FDA regulations.

jonson234

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:56:16 AM

i am watch my head via shampoo every day
sickhouse (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:21:33 PM

I've used shampoo every day. My head has not melted. Ok continue on...
I haven't stated that your head would mealt but if it goes through 5 waterproof plastic bags how healthy can it really be for your hair/scalp?

Well I was obviously exaggerating when I said my head has not melted yet.

But to be more serious, this "test" that you conducted is an extremely poor indicator whether shampoo is good for your hair or not. Do you realize your head is not made of plastic? Hair is made of keratin, while plastic is a polymer. Completely different substances, therefore reacts differently to certain chemical compositions.

If shampoo is as toxic as you make it out to be, then it wouldn't even hit the shelves of stores because of FDA regulations.
It was more of an eye-opener for me. I know it wont melt my head, and I am not going to start doing this soley on the fact that it's melted through plastic - it's more because I believe that your hair doesn't need it and will be healthier without it (I am starting to go bold, it runs in my family and my hair falls off everytime I rough it around).

Regarding the FDA regulations that thing is a big joke. As long as they put down what's in the item you consume it's fine (aspartame is a good example of this, for decades people have known it's dangerous and can cause cancer among other things, yet it's still in pretty much every sugar free product).

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
bitparadise

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:30:42 PM

I can't stop using shampoo because of my dandruff.
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:35:38 PM

I can't stop using shampoo because of my dandruff.
Is that the thing where your hair bottom can make it snow? Wink

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
riptide

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:50:45 PM

I don't think the benefits of not using shampoo come close to the benefits of using shampoo.
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:46:17 AM

I don't think the benefits of not using shampoo come close to the benefits of using shampoo.
Can you tell me the benefits of using it? Thing is I don't know anyone not using it, and I've used it all my life, feels like a thing you use just because you are born into using it.
Googled around a bit and found 2 links saying that shampoo isn't necessary;

http://health.ninemsn.com.au/whatsgoodforyou/factsheets/798250/do-we-really-need-shampoo
http://thehairpin.com/2014/01/three-years-without-shampoo

Mr. Burns

Activity: 165

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:43:30 AM

i've been poo free for a whole year!!!
Party24*7

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

Get Amazon Best Deals @ https://goo.gl/JE38kC

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:04:42 AM

I got stucked when use pantene shampoo last year " now i am paying" for it,

May hair get static Sad FUCK IT I cant even concentrate on any thing for a long time...............
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:31:40 PM

May hair get static Sad FUCK IT I cant even concentrate on any thing for a long time...............
:l that's freaking sick getting a detox from a shampoo prescription..

bank of bits

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:56:56 AM

I've read in a few different areas that shampoos actually strip away your natural oils , The same articles also usually state that if you were to stop using shampoo for about a week or so, your hair would begin to self-regulate and would no longer be oily.
chaolang

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 01:22:45 AM

I reccon I might cut down on how much I use and when but I dunno about not using it at all anymore..
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 03:13:49 AM

I had shoulder length hair for about 12 years and I used to shampoo once a week. A bit of grease was never that unwelcome, those were my grunge years after all and Cobain's hair always looked so cool  Cheesy
Seriously though, I did try shampooing more often in the beginning but my hair would get so freaking dry with massive split ends  Roll Eyes
juraj1301

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 03:39:36 PM

I used to use it everyday, then I did a test. I took 5 waterproof bags, put one inside the other so I had 5 layers of waterproof plastic. Then I put it in a shampoo bottle, let it rest in there for 3 hours and guess what? The shampoo had gone through all 5 plastic layers, I realized then how harmful it's got to be for your hair and your scalp when you rub it in..

Now I've got a broken foot so I have plaster from the toes to me knee on one of my legs which makes showering a real drag since the plaster can't become wet. So I shower every 3rd day, after the third shower I stopped with the shampoo half of the times. In the beginning your hair is very easy to style (yeah it gets REALLY fat) but the body is fast to adapt so after a while it's not bad at all. I can now go 7 days without shampoo without the hair getting fat.

Just thought I'd share this, it will save you money and make your hair take less damage from all the chemicals inside the shampoo.
hmm...im too lazy for that,i buy it Wink
kitarohotono

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:23:18 PM

I reccon I might cut down on how much I use and when but I dunno about not using it at all anymore..

I use only wednesdays and mondays. other days I don't use a shampoo .
El Emperador

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:34:33 PM

Have you stopped to wash your hair at all ( even only with water ) or just to use shampoo?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:31:57 AM

I make my own shampoo from organic meterials so no harmful chemicals for me.  Wink
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:40:07 AM

Just use conditioner afterward, right?  Works for me.  Gotta moisturize that stuff

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8183

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:05:17 AM

It's strange you have static when using Pantene as it contains an anti-static surfactant - Cocamidopropyl Betaine.  Try using Morrocan oil - just the tiniest drop worked into damp hair should help.  Your inability to concentrate could also be a result of the 24/7 partying.... perhaps that's what you're paying for?
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:04:06 AM

I used to use it everyday, then I did a test. I took 5 waterproof bags, put one inside the other so I had 5 layers of waterproof plastic. Then I put it in a shampoo bottle, let it rest in there for 3 hours and guess what? The shampoo had gone through all 5 plastic layers, I realized then how harmful it's got to be for your hair and your scalp when you rub it in..

I find a lack of logic here. How does shampoo breaking through plastic prove it's harmful for your hair? They're different materials, and the time of contact was also different: 3 hours in the plastic bags vs 1 minute (hopefully) in your head.

You need to work on your scientific method before making such claims.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: