Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:21:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there an alternative to GLBSE which does not charge 8.5 BTC to launch an IPO?  (Read 1676 times)
sron (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 02:42:43 PM

Is there an alternative to GLBSE which does not charge 8.5 BTC to launch an IPO? If not, is the GLBSE open source and could it be forked to create a new similar but free platform?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:12:17 PM

If you can't afford 8.5btc to launch an equity offering, then you probably shouldn't be launching an equity offering. If nothing else, that fee helps ensure the listers are at least slightly serious. I think the fee is an amazing bargain for such a platform.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:17:27 PM

evoorhees said it.   When you compare the costs to USD based exchanges, GLBSE starts looking like an amazing deal.  To even get listed on the "pinksheets" (American OTC stock trades commonly known for "penny stocks") the costs are in the tens of thousands (hundred thousand is more realistic) and the timeframe is measured in months.

If anything the IPO fee should probably be increased to something like 25 BTC.

If you don't have $50-$60 you shouldn't be offering an asset.  That simple.  Yeah it might be mean but that is the reality.  If you care so little in your project that you can't invest $50 of your own money why should anyone else care to invest in it.  
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:18:43 PM

If you care so little in your project that you can't invest $50 why should anyone else care to invest in it. 

Perfectly stated.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:31:14 PM

OP has an interesting posting history.

How can I anonymously and most conveniently turn Bitcoins into cash, preferrably through withdrawing from an ATM?

Still looking for an investor of 8.5 BTC.

Ok, if you insist : )

It's an IPO for an investment fund.

We will invest in other projects and firms registered on the GLBSE.

Dividends will be paid out regularly.

Simple as that. It's not an unique idea but I will try to execute it properly and in accordance with the information I have at hand at the moment.

Cheer up, guys. I'm not a scammer. Just because you don't know me doesn't mean I'm bad.

Again, please cheer up. I'm looking for happy, funky investors, not a bunch of overly touchy and grumpy hackers.

And no, I'm not going to give anyone 10% of the shares or anything like that for 8.5 BTC. However, I think there is a good chance I will be able to meet the ROI goals, return your cash and if we're both happy afterwards we can do business again in the future with higher amounts.

Also, please consider this: If I were a scammer, why would I spend hours and hours on this thread? It would be quicker for me to just work for a little while and collect salary rather than posting in this thread.

SRON

So the OP:
1) Wants to start a fund of funds for GLBSE without using any of his own capital (not even the 8.5 BTC listing fee).
2) Wanted an "investors" to pay the 8.5 BTC.
3) He valued the 8.5 BTC investment at 0.1% of shares making his internal evaluation of his 0 equity non-existent fund ~ 8,500 BTC.
4) When that didn't work, he started looking for a free place to list his "fund".  
5) Is interested in anonymous methods of converting BTC (investor's BTC?) into cash.

Hmm...
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:32:50 PM

OP has an interesting posting history.

How can I anonymously and most conveniently turn Bitcoins into cash, preferrably through withdrawing from an ATM?

Still looking for an investor of 8.5 BTC.

Ok, if you insist : )

It's an IPO for an investment fund.

We will invest in other projects and firms registered on the GLBSE.

Dividends will be paid out regularly.

Simple as that. It's not an unique idea but I will try to execute it properly and in accordance with the information I have at hand at the moment.

Cheer up, guys. I'm not a scammer. Just because you don't know me doesn't mean I'm bad.

Again, please cheer up. I'm looking for happy, funky investors, not a bunch of overly touchy and grumpy hackers.

And no, I'm not going to give anyone 10% of the shares or anything like that for 8.5 BTC. However, I think there is a good chance I will be able to meet the ROI goals, return your cash and if we're both happy afterwards we can do business again in the future with higher amounts.

Also, please consider this: If I were a scammer, why would I spend hours and hours on this thread? It would be quicker for me to just work for a little while and collect salary rather than posting in this thread.

SRON

So:
1) he wants to start a fund of funds for GLBSE without using any of his own capital (not even the 8.5 BTC listing fee)
2) was looking for "investors" to pay the 8.5 BTC (not he valued the 8.5BTC at 0.1% of the stock making him think his 0 equity fund is worth ~ 8,500 BTC)
3) when that didn't work wants to find a free place to list his "fund".   
4) Is interested in anonymous methods of converting BTC (investor's BTC?) into cash.

Hmm...

LOL
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 03:40:01 PM

deathbylollipop

(BFL)^2 < 0
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 03:46:27 PM

FWIW, CryptoStocks is an aspiring alternative to GLBSE. I don't know what fees it charges though.

Among other things, the listing fee helps keep the GLBSE asset list uncluttered.

Original Poster (lazy way of addressing the person who started the thread).
Also original post.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
sron (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 10:19:47 AM

I will try to update this thread soon.

Anyone else working on a platform like this?

RicePicker

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

RicePicker

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 10:23:18 AM

When you have "Please invest today: 1J8BJKyV2dJZfESdY5w6CQ1n7b9rt4UJH5" in your sig, who the hell would ever trust you will a single bitcent.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid! =D
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 10:26:03 AM

Scam detected  Cheesy

Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 08:30:25 PM

So the OP:
1) Wants to start a fund of funds for GLBSE without using any of his own capital (not even the 8.5 BTC listing fee).
2) Wanted an "investors" to pay the 8.5 BTC.
3) He valued the 8.5 BTC investment at 0.1% of shares making his internal evaluation of his 0 equity non-existent fund ~ 8,500 BTC.
4) When that didn't work, he started looking for a free place to list his "fund".  
5) Is interested in anonymous methods of converting BTC (investor's BTC?) into cash.

Hmm...
That's really funny D&Txs.. arhh like Romney not wanting to tell his plans (just make something UP like a NORMAL lying politician!).  Roll Eyes

Seriously though is there something better than Mpex and ICBIT out there now that GLBSE is gone? Stock exchange could be a big draw to Bitcoin.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 08:06:39 AM

Is there an alternative to GLBSE which does not charge 8.5 BTC to launch an IPO? If not, is the GLBSE open source and could it be forked to create a new similar but free platform?

Yes.  Grin

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Kumala

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 03:11:02 PM

Yes, Cryptostocks.com. They charge 10BTC.

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: