Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:01:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the elites plan when they get back from the island?  (Read 2628 times)
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 09:52:01 AM

What will happen? Absolutely nothing.
Bitcoin was meant to be decentralized and open this seems to be quite the opposite imo  
And it still is, but that doesn't mean groups of people can form their own boys club. Let them have their secret meetings. It doesn't matter.
If you can't beat them, join them, if you can't join them, beat them, because they won't be expecting you to beat them, you will have the element of surprise  Wink

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
MilesJohan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:36:13 AM

just because the venue is a remote island doesnt make much differnce IMO

Actually as someone that had the opportunity to go, but didn't act on it for my own views about some of the people there. I have to agree and disagree. I think they all wanted to go to a nice vacation spot, but I would have enjoyed just listening on skype more than flying to a remote island.

Wasn't it going to be streamed live online ?

MileyJohanson
Will.i.am Shakespeare

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:39:06 AM

Actually as someone that had the opportunity to go, but didn't act on it for my own views about some of the people there. I have to agree and disagree. I think they all wanted to go to a nice vacation spot, but I would have enjoyed just listening on skype more than flying to a remote island.

Well if it is that would certainly put an end to all the omg it's a secret bilderburger Illuminati meeting. People really like to stoke up a fuss about nothing on here sometimes.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:45:12 AM

Well if it is that would certainly put an end to all the omg it's a secret bilderburger Illuminati meeting. People really like to stoke up a fuss about nothing on here sometimes.

conspiracy theorists would still claim that there was a streamed meeting for the public and then they had a secret  private meeting as well lol

if theres really 60 people in attendance im sure some of the content will leak onto some podcast in the next few weeks .......
oneworld2015

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:12:30 AM

I think the point of the meeting was twofold:

1. Add more allure to the Bitcoin elite. I've met a few of the attendees. They are very smart individuals who really seem to believe in the promise of bitcoin. They know while we may never know who the true identity/identities of Satoshi Nakamoto, there can at least be a myth surrounding a group of self-proclaimed large bitcoin whales who are influential thoughtleaders on the market direction of bitcoin.

2. If anything, the trip was another way to network, unwind, and formulate a strategy to take bitcoin to the next level with regards to mainstream and capital market adoption.
ForexTE

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:12:21 PM

Just what Bilderberg does after returning from their meeting!
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 02:23:42 PM

I don't expect anything out of extraordinary to happen or took place during that meeting that is going to impact or change the bitcoin scenario. Probably just a casual face-to-face meetup to share how cool their bitcoin experience was.

Bralex (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:28:38 PM

"Old-School Cypherpunk" Vinay Gupta seems to think the bitcoin foundation is not such a good thing. see near the end of this article---> https://bitcoinmagazine.com/18000/bitcoin-is-teaching-realism-to-libertarians-an-interview-with-old-school-cypherpunk-vinay-gupta/
"And then you have the Bitcoin Foundation, which is emerging naturally from the Bitcoin environment simply because it has established an economically efficient configuration. By paying the technical priesthood of Bitcoin known as the Core developers, the Foundation has created a huge amount of centralized power within a system that didn’t really start with any, which has now effectively turned it into a natural monopoly. And once you have a monopoly, it looks like a state. No wonder that the Bitcoin Foundation looks so frightening."

He goes on to suggest that we, any of us, could start another Bitcoin Foundation, or several. There's nothing stopping you.

I agree with the 'Old-School Cyberpunk' one main foundation is not a great thing.

The central control is terrible and not needed within Satoshis decentralized coin , like you say turning it into a kind of monopoly is not the way to go.

This is what can change it! 'WE' as a community can start another BIitcoin foundation or more, hopefully more.

I am going to read over the link again it was real late lastnight when i attempted it thanks for the information.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Bralex (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:47:52 PM

I heard on a secret forum, they are going to pay the foundation to make bitcoins a proof of stake coin.

I AM JUST SAYING...

What do you guys think is going to happen? The protocol is going to change overnight LOL Whatever happens will not effect bitcoin in the least bit. Now if they were banks I be scared.

Thanks for your input,

This is why i created the thread i do not know what will happen when they return if anything, i was looking for opinions and i have got what i was looking for.

Maybe not overnight but the decision could be made over the next few days by just a few to benefit just a few.

We will check back in a few years see if this group has turned out like the bankers.

whales will still be whales .......
bitcoin will never be distributed equally or fairly amongst the 7 billion people on earth
just like every other wealth or resource on the planet ,top 1% will control most of it

the whales  with 500k btc arent going to just disappear ,there will always be the welathy exchange owners,investment capitalists and such people who get a % of every trade so there will inevitably be a
huge ever widening gap between the rich and the poor

just the way the world goes around folks .........

Have to agree however saddening it is.
Maybe a conspiracy. Lets just hope its nothing to do with the price but the development of the platform.

This is pretty much all we can do is hope it's nothing to major which is to only benefit themselves.
Developments sound ideal  Grin

Cheers guys

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:21:27 PM

It has been called a "Brave New World", among other things. Perhaps Bitcoin wealth will be used to fund a "kinder, gentler" United Nations?   Shocked
Do you think 'Satoshi' made it to the island meetings?

This seems to alike to the Bilderburg group as the article states and i do not see any good to come from that, i am not a full on conspiracy theorist but i do not believe meetings behind closed doors to a select few can have any benefit to the wider community.

Maybe i am just paranoid but history shows nothing good comes from these style meetings as they are usually set up to take more control in a centralized way.

Had the same thought surely if he is still alive he must attend and save his baby, but do we believe he is even alive or cares? last log in 2010 if i remember right.

Aha the beautiful UN created after the wars to bring peace to the world in a centralized way, that has worked out wonders.
And how do you expect to solve this?
Create a crypto currency that sends drones to spy on wealthy people that gather together?

There's nothing we can do. There will always be wealthy lucky fucks doing their snobish shit. At least with Bitcoin we know the protocol within itself cannot be altered. You cant say the same with fiat money.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 05:16:18 PM

Bitcoin has a horrible early distribution and this private club only makes it worse from an important PR standpoint.
Our new overlords discussed their urgent need for human sacrifices. They have agreed on a plan they claim will be "provably fair".

Could anybody in here, just tell me, what is so bad about this meeting?
What outcome do you fear? What can this "elite"-group really do that will hurt Bitcoin so much?

Uncle Axetime

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:02:44 PM

Our new overlords discussed their urgent need for human sacrifices.

the real ones, not these derps, do exactly that. we're to be rendered down for biodiesel unless we can code or suck cock well
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:08:39 PM

BTC media will be taping things but I don't think there will be a live stream.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:13:45 PM

I heard on a secret forum, they are going to pay the foundation to make bitcoins a proof of stake coin.

I AM JUST SAYING...

What do you guys think is going to happen? The protocol is going to change overnight LOL Whatever happens will not effect bitcoin in the least bit. Now if they were banks I be scared.

You mean the BitMessage secret forum or the one on that .bit web site?

All this conspiracy nonsense is just that, nonsense.  It is just some people who have similar interests and believe in the promise of the bitcoin technology.  People meeting, discussing business and improving their offerings is a good thing.  Nothing changes in the protocol, the people I saw who were attending on the list wouldn't abandon bitcoin and sell their coins (no matter how few or many they control).  At worst someone may get a good idea about a new product.  

And, btw, this so called "elite" moniker is just a ridiculous meme.  They just wanted to make it sound exclusive to entice people to come.  Since it is difficult to know who is behind what address/group of addresses, inviting so-called "whales" to meet on a nice island is a crapshoot.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:15:39 PM

I AM JUST SAYING...

All this conspiracy nonsense is just that, nonsense.  It is just some people who have similar interests and believe in the promise of the bitcoin technology.  People meeting, discussing business and improving their offerings is a good thing.  Nothing changes in the protocol, the people I saw who were attending on the list wouldn't abandon bitcoin and sell their coins (no matter how few or many they control).  At worst someone may get a good idea about a new product. 

And, btw, this so called "elite" moniker is just a ridiculous meme.  They just wanted to make it sound exclusive to entice people to come.  Since it is difficult to know who is behind what address/group of addresses, inviting so-called "whales" to meet on a nice island is a crapshoot.

I was just being funny with the secret forum LMAO and I agree the elite moniker is dumb.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:17:46 PM

I AM JUST SAYING...

All this conspiracy nonsense is just that, nonsense.  It is just some people who have similar interests and believe in the promise of the bitcoin technology.  People meeting, discussing business and improving their offerings is a good thing.  Nothing changes in the protocol, the people I saw who were attending on the list wouldn't abandon bitcoin and sell their coins (no matter how few or many they control).  At worst someone may get a good idea about a new product. 

And, btw, this so called "elite" moniker is just a ridiculous meme.  They just wanted to make it sound exclusive to entice people to come.  Since it is difficult to know who is behind what address/group of addresses, inviting so-called "whales" to meet on a nice island is a crapshoot.

I was just being funny with the secret forum LMAO and I agree the elite moniker is dumb.

Well they are elite tho.  They are the top of the richest addresses and have most of the Bitcoins... thats what i call elite.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:34:59 PM

I know - I was continuing it.  ;-) 
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:52:37 PM

I don't think it will all be about getting more money for their parties.
 They would definitely be developing good in order to make that happen.

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 08:30:48 AM

Any news on this one?

What was discussed there and what was the outcome?
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:38:37 AM

Don't expect anything. They wanted a holiday on an island and that was all. If there was indeed any need to take a decision it could have easily been arranged over video conference.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: