Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:36:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner controller Question..  (Read 882 times)
Shazam!!! (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 10:11:24 PM

I've read the stock controller on Prismas/Tubes are unreliable and
you can use a uart/usb adapter in its place.

So...whats the most reliable road to take from that point???

Hook it all to a usb brick and Pi??? Huh

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:43:22 PM

The Tube controllers work alright for Tubes, but I've had very little luck running a Prisma off one reliably. And when I say "work alright" I mean there's no failover pool options and their stratum implementation is broken so it only works by default on a few pools (we've cooked up some proxies that scrub out some of the problems, but not all).

The USB adapters give a lot more flexibility, as support is now built into cgminer.

I've had Prismas running for a few months on USB adapters and Pis using CrazyGuy's Minera image. They're as stable as Prismas get, I reckon.

If you're in need of the proper USB adapter and can't get one from AM themselves, check here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=882348.0
I like Novak's adapters better than AM's stock adapters. There's probably not much functional difference though.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Shazam!!! (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 08:59:56 PM

The Tube controllers work alright for Tubes, but I've had very little luck running a Prisma off one reliably. And when I say "work alright" I mean there's no failover pool options and their stratum implementation is broken so it only works by default on a few pools (we've cooked up some proxies that scrub out some of the problems, but not all).

The USB adapters give a lot more flexibility, as support is now built into cgminer.

I've had Prismas running for a few months on USB adapters and Pis using CrazyGuy's Minera image. They're as stable as Prismas get, I reckon.

If you're in need of the proper USB adapter and can't get one from AM themselves, check here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=882348.0
I like Novak's adapters better than AM's stock adapters. There's probably not much functional difference though.

Thanx for the feedback!!! And you prolly hear this a lot but---When they release the next gen miners and I need some power,
I will be lookin at your power supply deal. Also, I have sent a few other noobs (like me) your way.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:18:00 PM

Oh, um, thanks.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: